Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTomCollins

Re: Which Way to Grow Soil or Hydro Question. 2010 Growery Version. [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #393671 - 04/01/10 09:52 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

206 said:
Quote:

Union420 said:
I prefer Hydro using coir as a substrate, you get the best of both, the production of hydro and convenience of soil (able to move pots, cater to specific plant needs ect ect.. much like bucket systems without extra parts.

Co-signed.

If you keep an eye on BIG grows around the net you've seen coco steadily taking over the game. I see just as many traditional hydro/aero growers changing to coco lately as I do soil growers, and yet for different reasons. Growers change their mediums all the time, but coco is the only one I see people flocking to and never away from. At some point it will win most of you guys over too. Just my two cents.

Awe shucks... just bought all this hydroton for my next grow. My systems probably not too coco friendly anyway.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Which Way to Grow Soil or Hydro Question. 2010 Growery Version. [Re: TomCollins]
    #393678 - 04/01/10 10:26 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I rolled with soil, but my vote is completely biased since I've only ever grown in soil..(other than using a home brewed areoponics system for cloning)

When my living conditions change and things improve financially i do plan on branching out a bit. Hempys or coir will be the first plunge i think.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

OfflineDamion5050
Perscribing Mushrooms Is Fun
Male

Re: Which Way to Grow Soil or Hydro Question. 2010 Growery Version. [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #393889 - 04/01/10 03:39 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

206 said:
Quote:

Union420 said:
I prefer Hydro using coir as a substrate, you get the best of both, the production of hydro and convenience of soil (able to move pots, cater to specific plant needs ect ect.. much like bucket systems without extra parts.

Co-signed.

If you keep an eye on BIG grows around the net you've seen coco steadily taking over the game. I see just as many traditional hydro/aero growers changing to coco lately as I do soil growers, and yet for different reasons. Growers change their mediums all the time, but coco is the only one I see people flocking to and never away from. At some point it will win most of you guys over too. Just my two cents.

U mean I can use coir !  Coco Coir same shit I use as a bulk substrate for mushrooms can be used as a growth medium in my hempy buckets and 3 gallon buckets for my ebb+flow setup !

--------------------
AMU - Q&A
MY GROW LOG
MY ELEMENTARY COIR TEK
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO CULTIVATE MUSHROOMS

Live well, laugh often, love much.  --  Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone.  --  Dont follow the beaten path. Go your own way and leave a trail.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Which Way to Grow Soil or Hydro Question. 2010 Growery Version. [Re: Damion5050]
    #393925 - 04/01/10 04:14 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Hydro seems to work better for me, as it is easier to correct thing IMO.

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: Which Way to Grow Soil or Hydro Question. 2010 Growery Version. [Re: Damion5050]
    #394106 - 04/01/10 07:34 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

So long as you flush it out well, yes, you can use the coco coir as a hydro medium.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineUnion420
Horticulturist

Loc: New World
    #395398 - 04/03/10 05:37 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Damion5050 said:
Quote:

206 said:
Quote:

Union420 said:

Co-signed.

U mean I can use coir !  Coco Coir same shit I use as a bulk substrate for mushrooms can be used as a growth medium in my hempy buckets and 3 gallon buckets for my ebb+flow setup !

Convenient huh lol. One of the most important things to remember as diesel said make sure you flush it well before use, a while back when I first started using it I ran into problems and couldnt figure it out then one day it hit me. duh

--------------------
Everything is fictional, I dont even exist.

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Which Way to Grow Soil or Hydro Question. 2010 Growery Version. [Re: DieselB]
    #395412 - 04/03/10 06:01 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah very important. My brother did his first run with coco a few months back, and he forgot to flush the coco before he transplanted. The plants did not enjoy that :sad:

OfflineUnion420
Horticulturist

Loc: New World
Re: Which Way to Grow Soil or Hydro Question. 2010 Growery Version. [Re: DungenessDank]
    #395419 - 04/03/10 06:14 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

LOL, yea that sucks I kno how that feels.

--------------------
Everything is fictional, I dont even exist.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag