Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: Stoneth]
    #374586 - 02/27/10 12:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

wow as high as 8? Magash's Nutrient regime he posted only called for like 6.5ml/gallon for HEAVY growth.  Have you actually done 8ml/gallon without ill results? I might have to go mix up some more nutes if so, I've been feeding at half that strength

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #374604 - 02/27/10 12:50 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
wow as high as 8? Magash's Nutrient regime he posted only called for like 6.5ml/gallon for HEAVY growth.  Have you actually done 8ml/gallon without ill results? I might have to go mix up some more nutes if so, I've been feeding at half that strength

Yes as I said without all the extras I'm running now.

But with the use of the boosters I had to cut it back to a little lower than even what Magash is using, but I also use less light than him so that explains that I think.

But if he's only using FNG and FNB then that should be OK.

I have ran as high as 10 ml per gallon without boosters such as Koolbloom liquid or dry.

I didn't see the OP saying anything about using them so I went back to my first grow with FN brand.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #374614 - 02/27/10 01:07 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

hmm... I just mixed up some new nutes this morning with 5.5ml of FNG and that's it. I think I'm going to go add another ml at least to the gallon and see how my girls like it. I've got a 600W MH only about 18" from the canopy so they should be good I think. 

It's always weird dialing in new nutes

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #374625 - 02/27/10 01:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

No joke man, I've ran the Grow as strong as 10 ml without hurting any of my plants before, but at the end of the week when I changed and clean the res I could see they didn't eat a lot of it so I cut back a little until I got it where the water is almost completely clear come change out time.

I've got to get my friends camera and update my grow log today.

Got some funny clones going.

I'll explain that in the log.

Can't wait to see what some will have to say.:lol:

I even remember trying the recommended 12.5 once, that about killed everything I had.

OfflineMr. Hands
    #374768 - 02/27/10 05:37 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, how's this for a feeding program?

1.  5 ml of Grow per gallon, 5 ml of Bloom per gallon.  This will last three weeks (one week of vegging and the first two weeks of flowering).  I empty the resevoir after this.

2.  5 ml of Grow per gallon, 5 ml of Bloom per gallon (with a fresh resevoir).  This will be for week 3 and 4 of the flowering cycle.

3.  6.5 ml of Grow per gallon, 6.5 ml of Bloom per gallon.  This will be for week 5, 6, and 7 of the flowering cycle.  This will not be a fresh resevoir.  These nutes will stack on the ones from step 2.

Is this a sufficient feeding setup that will give the plants what they need, but which will not have toxic nutrient buildup problems?

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: Mr. Hands]
    #374784 - 02/27/10 06:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Step one looks OK as long as you watch the plants for lack of feed on the third week, it maybe a little weak.

But after that the FNG isn't needed for flowering.

If you're only using the two part system just use the FNB at around 8 to 10 ml per gallon.

You can play with that a little more around weeks 5 thru 7 as well, being some strains maybe able to handle up to 12.5 ml per gallon, but not all strains.

OfflineMr. Hands
    #374852 - 02/27/10 08:07 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hey, thanks for the help and such.

How about this?:

1. 6 ml Grow per gallon, 6 ml Bloom per gallon, (empty resevoir)

2. (new resevoir), 3 ml Grow per gallon, 6.5 ml Bloom per gallon

3. 0 ml Grow per gallon, 8 ml Bloom per gallon

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #374853 - 02/27/10 08:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

what EC is that at 5.5ml?

Magash uses 5-5.5 mls starting out in Veg. I think 8ml is 2.0EC I know 8grams of Maxi is 2.0 ec so I may be confusing the two.

2.0 EC is fairly moderate in my experience so if that's the case 5.5 is nothing. I'm pretty sure 8mls = 2.0 EC

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: captain.koons]
    #374871 - 02/27/10 08:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I think that sounds about right. He sent me a :pm: and said his newly rooted clones do fine being fed at 1.8 so I think I'm going to step up my food quantities here next week and see if I can really push the growth

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #374875 - 02/27/10 08:38 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah man 8mls is fairly mild. Magash goes up to 12 + bloom boosters I think in peak flowering.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #374882 - 02/27/10 08:43 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
Yeah man 8mls is fairly mild. Magash goes up to 12 + bloom boosters I think in peak flowering.

Quote:

Magash said:
Ok, I don't claim to have the best method by any means but I've been getting a shitload of PM's on what my feed program is.

First off I'm not one of those that believes to keep things on the lighter end of things I believe in pushing the limits with the nutrients and giving them all they can handle. Never under a lb per 1000watt light so the way I think on this issue isn't gonna change anytime soon.
I use to do SOG but now it's larger plants cause that is what I'm doing my breeding work on right now and to drop the number of plants to the limit I'm allowed. So I'm trying to come up with the plant that has the Purple Urkle, Grandaddy, Bubba Kush quality but Chronic, Critical Mass yields. (I'll get it you'll see :wink: )

One month of veg starting at 5 to 5.5 mils FNG per gallon of water with a ph of 5.8 for the first two weeks.

Next two weeks of veg 5.5 to 6 mils FNG per gallon of water with ph at 5.8 to 6.2

Now flowering and I do things a little different here.

4 Mils FNG and 4 mils FNB per gallon of water for the first week (but you won't change the res till after week 3 of budding) with a ph of 5.8

Now one week into flowering I add 8 mils Liquid Kool Bloom per gallon of week 1 nutrient solution and run that for another 2 weeks.

Week 4 and 5 of budding are 8 mils FNB, 4 mils Liquid Kool Bloom, 1.25 or 1/4 tsp Dry Kool Bloom per gallon of water ph at 5.8 to 6.2

Week 6 and 7 get 8 mils FNB, 2.5 mils or 1/2 tsp of Dry Kool Bloom. Extend this a week for strains that take 9 weeks to finish.

Week 8 Gets 5 to 10 mils Flora Kleen per gallon of water for the first 3 days of the week. The last 4 days of the week just plain water.

Now when I say I push the limits I mean it. The plants would burn under floro's or dim lights cause they couldn't use the amount of nutrients."

In his words.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #374889 - 02/27/10 08:54 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

it appears your vision was more reliable than my memory.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #374910 - 02/27/10 09:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

To run at that level you got to have all your shit right, lights, temps, ventilation, etc...

OfflineMr. Hands
    #392605 - 03/30/10 07:07 AM (14 years, 1 day ago)

Ok...update.

As detailed before, I have a 40 gallon resevoir and starting on week 3 of fruiting I empty said resevoir and put in fresh water and:

140 mL of Flora Nova Grow
280 mL of Flora Nova Bloom

My water is naturally about 230 ppm it appears.  After this first infusion of nutrients I am hanging at about 1600 ppm.  That's not too shabby.

Well, starting week 5 of fruiting I just put in:

400 mL of Flora Nova Bloom

My water is now over 2000 ppm (that's all my meter goes to).  This is obviously bad I assume because of the whole EC/dissolved solids stuff.  So, I am thinking of sucking out some of my resevoir and throwing in fresh water in an attempt to bring my ppm down.  Is this a good idea?  And should I just sparingly add nutes in the future so as to keep stuff at about 1500 ppm always?  Is 1500 ppm good to shoot for?

I'm such a newb.  :tongue:

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #392771 - 03/30/10 02:09 PM (14 years, 1 day ago)

Yea lowering the res and adding fresh water should bring down the ppm's.

As to what a good ppm to run is I'm unsure myself.

From all the reading I've done many growers choose to do things different, I have read them using anywhere between 800 to 1800 ppm.

I'm running at 1300 ppm now, and plan on finishing at about 1500 in the final weeks of feed.

OfflineMr. Hands
    #392977 - 03/30/10 08:33 PM (14 years, 1 day ago)

I sucked some water out and threw some new water on.  I got my ppm down to 1650.  Sweet!

Yet one more question.  :rolleyes: 

I just got some Flora-Kleen stuff.  Can I just put that in my resevoir at the beginning of the last week and it will automatically block nutrient absorption which will work for my last week flushing?  If it does that, then this would be much easier than emptying the resevoir and filling it back up with fresh water to do the flushing.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #392984 - 03/30/10 08:46 PM (14 years, 1 day ago)

no, you'll need to empty the reservoir for florakleen to do anything. It prevents salts from attaching to ion exchange points within the medium (ie, cleans nutrient build up out of the hydroton, coco, whatever). It has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not your plants absorb nutrients

--------------------

OfflineSmokerX

#394054 - 04/01/10 06:48 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Mr.Hands, if you`re having problems getting to the rez. for emptying and filling, I would suggest buying a fountain pump ($6 at harbor freight)Hook a hose to the pump drop the pump in the rez. and run the hose out of the top of the rez. when you need to empty; just drop the hose in a 5gal bucket and turn on the pump. Once its empty, just fill it back up through a port hole. You can also run the hose back into the rez. and leave the pump on to circulate the nutes and help oxygenate the water.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: SmokerX]
    #394062 - 04/01/10 06:52 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

:facepalm: Why is your screen name Mr. Hands.....:rofl2: I dont think anyone knows who that is.

Kenneth Pinyan (June 22, 1960 - July 2, 2005) was a Boeing engineer residing in Gig Harbor,[1] Washington who engaged in receptive anal sex with full-size stallions at a farm near the city of Enumclaw. He videotaped those sex acts and distributed them informally under the name Mr. Hands.

During a July 2005 sex act, videotaped by a friend, he suffered a perforated colon and later died of his injuries. The story was reported in the The Seattle Times and was one of that paper's most read stories of 2005.[2] It was informally referred to as the "Enumclaw horse sex case".[3]

Pinyan's death prompted the passing of a bill in Washington prohibiting both sex with animals and the videotaping of the same. Under current Washington law, bestiality is now a Class C felony punishable by up to five years in prison.[4]

A documentary of the life and death of Pinyan, and the life led by those who came to the farm near Enumclaw, debuted at the Sundance Film Festival 2007 under the title Zoo. It was one of 16 winners out of 856 candidates for the festival,[5] and played at numerous regional festivals in the United States thereafter.[6] Following Sundance, it was also selected as one of the top five American films to be presented at the prestigious Directors Fortnight sidebar at the 2007 Cannes Film Festival.[7][8]

The media outlets that reported the story withheld Pinyan's name. His name was revealed on national radio by talk show host Tom Leykis in the summer of 2005.

Prosecutors later determined that the horse, an Arabian stallion, had not been injured by being allowed to engage in sex in this manner. The photographer, 54-year old James Michael Tait of Enumclaw,[9] was later charged with trespassing, since this act took place on a third party's property. A third man alleged to have been present was not charged. According to the Medical Examiner's Office, Pinyan "died of acute peritonitis due to perforation of the colon",[10] and the death was ruled accidental.[11]

Other factors surrounding the death were apparently that the deceased, concerned about appearing in a hospital with an unusual internal injury and the effect on his security clearance as an engineer for aerospace company Boeing, had apparently refused his friends' urging to go to the hospital for several hours after being aware he was internally injured, and was dead when he finally reached the ER.[10]

Media reports at the time of the trial suggested that despite seizing and examining carefully a large number of such videos from the property, no evidence of injury to the horses was found, precluding animal cruelty charges, and that the trespass charge against Tait were brought due to lack of grounds for any other matter:

OfflineMr. Hands
Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: SmokerX]
    #394583 - 04/02/10 12:30 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SmokerX said:
Mr.Hands, if you`re having problems getting to the rez. for emptying and filling, I would suggest buying a fountain pump ($6 at harbor freight)Hook a hose to the pump drop the pump in the rez. and run the hose out of the top of the rez. when you need to empty; just drop the hose in a 5gal bucket and turn on the pump. Once its empty, just fill it back up through a port hole. You can also run the hose back into the rez. and leave the pump on to circulate the nutes and help oxygenate the water.

I have a pump (a badass one at that).  It is still a pain to constantly empty a 40 gallon resevoir and refill it back up when your room in question does not have any running water.  The whole process of emptying and filling takes me well over an hour (because I have to haul shit by hand).

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds