Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
SATIVA having some problems, PLEASE help me out
    #389673 - 03/25/10 12:20 AM (14 years, 7 days ago)

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
Was grown from seed, has been alive since june 09 though...

2. How old are your plants?
Germinated june 09

3. How tall are your plants?
2m 45cm

4. What size containers are they planted in?
pots between 4 gall and 5 gall

5. What is your soil mix?
50% organic potting mix, 25%perlite 15% vermiculite 10% coco coir peat

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
Usually daily and i use rainwater, BUT this problem happened after i left my plant with someone for a week and they watered it for me (apparently everyday) maybe they didnt water enough/didnt water daily

7. What is the pH of your water?
no clue, rainwater.... id say neutral

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
I have been using a 20-10-10 npk soluble fertilizer for veg and a 5-10-10 for flowering with a little bit of extra phosphate on the soil

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
Nope

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined?
Outdoors

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
Outdoors

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
decent size greenhouse, not relevant

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?

14. What is the pH of the soil?

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
A decent amount of whitefly and a few ladybirds, although the only visible damage i can see from the whitefly is `their poop as black spots on the yellowing and dying fan leaves

16. How much experience do you have growing?

This is my first grow although i have helped with friends grows and know ALOT about growing and cannabis in general so my knowledge overrules my experience, although i would say i'm fairly well experienced 'grower' in general because i've been growing other plants/veges for years and study horticulture

TUESDAY

THESE PHOTOS WERE FROM TUESDAY IT IS NOT THURSDAY AND IT HAS GOTTEN WORSE- LOOK BELOW FOR PHOTOS FROM TODAY

THURSDAY

I suspect underwatering is the problem or perhaps some nutrient deficiency, I have been hearing from other members that because the fan leaves are dying off severly but the bud leaves are staying green that this could be classified as normal, but it looks too severe to be normal, as the buds don't look nearly ready yet (another month left maybe less)

All help and opinions are appreciated

thanks in advance

:jah:

:peace:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: SATIVA having some problems, PLEASE help me out [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #389678 - 03/25/10 12:38 AM (14 years, 7 days ago)

hmmm that's a toughie. Looks to be a tad underfed to me but it's hard to say because there is a LOT going on there.

First thing I'd recommend is removing all of the leaves that are >75% yellow. This will help us determine if the problem is progressing or not. right now it might just be shedding leaves that were slightly damaged in the first picture, just getting rid of them to save energy. If you remove those and then previously healthy leaves start to yellow then we know that the issue still exists and we can address it as necessary.

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Re: SATIVA having some problems, PLEASE help me out [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #389684 - 03/25/10 01:41 AM (14 years, 7 days ago)

man i just went and did that, and got soooo many, but the plant still looks extremly yellow and droopy from a from a distance where the fan leaves are pretty much all you can see, but up close where you can see the bud leaves it looks fairly green. It seems to me like pretty much all of the fan leaves are yellowing off and only the bud leaves are staying green

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

#389685 - 03/25/10 01:43 AM (14 years, 7 days ago)

the main reason im thinking this is not normal btw is because my topped sativa planted at the same time isn't nearly as severe

heres a pic of her today with some yellowing present.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #389727 - 03/25/10 08:50 AM (14 years, 7 days ago)

your topped sativa is also WAY smaller. It's only got like 10% of the budmass to support so naturally it's consuming less nutrients.  I'd give your sativa a pretty decent feeding next watering (and don't forget the cal/mg) and I would expect her to be fine

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Re: SATIVA having some problems, PLEASE help me out [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #390020 - 03/25/10 04:52 PM (14 years, 6 days ago)

alright i'll feed her today, thanks for the help bro

:jah:

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

#390054 - 03/25/10 06:43 PM (14 years, 6 days ago)

i fed her with a water soluble chemical nutrients with npk level 10-5-20 and the soil has some super phosphate on it, do you think this will do the job? or should i put some 20-10-10?

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

#390207 - 03/26/10 01:06 AM (14 years, 6 days ago)

i dont understand, every day she seems to be getting worse, she looks horrible today :frown: i saw her monday first then fed her pretty much every day since then but she just keeps getting worse :S

--------------------

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

Loc: Flag
    #390215 - 03/26/10 01:17 AM (14 years, 6 days ago)

have you been ripping the dead leaves off yet? Only then you'll get an idea of how healthy it is compared to the other plants.

How long until harvest do you think? Are the buds still filling out?
If she's continuing to get worse and you've been feeding it all week then it doesn't sound like a nutrient problem. All the stems are still green and haven't started changing to brown yet either. The only difference I see between tuesday and thursday is leaves yellowing or dying. As long as the bud itself isn't yellowing or doing anything funny I still think everything's going fine.

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Re: SATIVA having some problems, PLEASE help me out [Re: Snurry]
    #390218 - 03/26/10 01:25 AM (14 years, 6 days ago)

ahk maybe my sativa is the type with the more airy buds than the dense ones? more like this and its close than i thought . . . just a theory...

i still think its got a while though even though most of the hairs are going burnt which i think is due to whatevers going on with her, its sitll only the fan leaves yellowing and dying the budleaves have uncurled now a bit and are all still green, i picked all the >75% yelow fan leaves like harry advised yesterday, went down again today and there are so many more it seems to be a very rapid die off of them like its just decided to shed them all in the last week and a half

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #390226 - 03/26/10 01:45 AM (14 years, 6 days ago)

I would say it had a lack of water and feeding!
just my :2cents:

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

#390229 - 03/26/10 02:01 AM (14 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Inbred_gimp said:
its sitll only the fan leaves yellowing and dying the budleaves have uncurled now a bit and are all still green

that's great news.

Quote:

Inbred_gimp said:
went down again today and there are so many more it seems to be a very rapid die off of them like its just decided to shed them all in the last week and a half

that's not so much. they should be shedding, but I wouldn't expect it to be that fast; though keep in mind how large and old your plant is. I wouldn't expect your buds to be as airy as in that picture, it looks immature or 100% sativa.

The pistils shouldn't just turn brown when ready but also start receding back into the calyx.

Unless someone's dealt with a situation exactly the same I think it's going to be hard to figure out whether there's a problem or not. As long as the bud leaves stay green and healthy they shouldn't be any reason for the plant to end it's life early.

Did you end up getting that jeweler's loupe? It might be time to check the trichomes to see how they're coming a long.

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

#390231 - 03/26/10 02:09 AM (14 years, 6 days ago)

i ordered a 420 scope its gonna be like 7-10 days before it comes though as i only ordered it last night, the only magnification i have is a 10x loupe but its nowhere near enough for trichomes only mites/pests.

i'm fairly sure its 100% sativa if not close to it but i'm not an expert i'm just judging that off the thin ass leaves and the plants height and shape which is no definite indicator at all.

Those buds were off the net and off a 100% sativa i'm just kind of perplexed because i was expecting them to really start growing nugs by this late but she hasn't only things that look like that but more dense. i'll try to take some macro shots of some buds tommorow so we can estimate how much longer she has left,

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

#390235 - 03/26/10 02:32 AM (14 years, 6 days ago)

Inbred, I have a 100% sativa that did something similar if not exactly the same thing. It's indoor but once I started flowering and the bud sites appeared, the fan leaves all fell off very very rapidly. Your plant actually looks incredibly similar to what my plant did look like. Except of course my plant is much smaller. :wink:

I came on here to ask about it, and no one seemed to think that was normal either. :shrug: Though, I wonder how many people actually have grown 100% sativas on here.

I couldn't figure out what the problem was and so I just sort of let the plant do it's thing and kept my fingers crossed. The plant continued to grow, so I just assumed that it was ok. :shrug:

I would do what snurry said, remove the fan leaves. If the bud sites look green and healthy, and they keep getting bigger then I wouldn't worry too much.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

#390236 - 03/26/10 02:33 AM (14 years, 6 days ago)

yea that may well be the case with yours being close to 100%, I've never seen a live one. Should make for a nice smoke with the indicas by your side. It shouldn't have too long left in them. All the rain has been delaying the end of season here, I don't know what it's like in your greenhouse. But we've got about 3-4 weeks, 5 max before the first harvest. It's getting real close to the end.

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

#390895 - 03/27/10 07:58 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Spency said:
Inbred, I have a 100% sativa that did something similar if not exactly the same thing. It's indoor but once I started flowering and the bud sites appeared, the fan leaves all fell off very very rapidly. Your plant actually looks incredibly similar to what my plant did look like. Except of course my plant is much smaller. :wink:

I came on here to ask about it, and no one seemed to think that was normal either. :shrug: Though, I wonder how many people actually have grown 100% sativas on here.

I couldn't figure out what the problem was and so I just sort of let the plant do it's thing and kept my fingers crossed. The plant continued to grow, so I just assumed that it was ok. :shrug:

I would do what snurry said, remove the fan leaves. If the bud sites look green and healthy, and they keep getting bigger then I wouldn't worry too much.

phew thanks spency that sure is a relief to hear.

Quote:

Snurry said:
yea that may well be the case with yours being close to 100%, I've never seen a live one. Should make for a nice smoke with the indicas by your side. It shouldn't have too long left in them. All the rain has been delaying the end of season here, I don't know what it's like in your greenhouse. But we've got about 3-4 weeks, 5 max before the first harvest. It's getting real close to the end.

I sure hope so !
getting real close here im thinking 2-3 weeks before my indicas are ready.

anyway one of my indicas is yellowing a fair bit, i'm fairly sure it's the normal late flowering nitrogen deficiency but thought i'd upload some photos to be sure and show you guys her anyway :smile:

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

#390897 - 03/27/10 08:01 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

accidently left one out :P

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

#392064 - 03/29/10 12:04 PM (14 years, 3 days ago)

Bump how's this lady look, normal ?

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

#392071 - 03/29/10 12:15 PM (14 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Inbred_gimp said:

Looks fine to me. :smile:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #392072 - 03/29/10 12:16 PM (14 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Inbred_gimp said:
Bump how's this lady look, normal ?

any updated pictures?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale