Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineI8thesh400m
Outdoor Grow loser
Male

Loc: Florida
New To outdoor grow.. one question
    #385464 - 03/17/10 03:45 PM (14 years, 15 days ago)

Hellow. first i would like to say im exited to be a member of the growery. i have been a member of the shroomery since 07. under the same name. i have alot more experience in mushrooms than marijuanna.

Okay.. i have about 6 plants.. i planted them 52 days ago. Outdoors. No fertilizer.. into medium rich soil.. in full exposure to sunlight.. The plants are only  maybe 3 inches tall. still have the first 2 leaves that come out.. and have the second set.. 3 leaved. Does this sound stunted or deficient in nutes or what? the leaves are very rich green.

Also... any outdoor tips? i plan to start about 25-35 By next week.
any tips at all would be loved.
Thank you very much for any info, i will try to bring in pictures soon

--------------------
New To the Growery. Old to the shroomery. (same Account name) Beginning outdoor grow... Any advice is Loved!. Thanks! :jah:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineI8thesh400m
Outdoor Grow loser
Male

Re: New To outdoor grow.. one question [Re: I8thesh400m]
    #385466 - 03/17/10 03:47 PM (14 years, 15 days ago)

I live in florida... north florida. I think the plants were exposed to high 30's temp for a week or so.
Think they can come back and begin vegging and getting some height or what?

--------------------
New To the Growery. Old to the shroomery. (same Account name) Beginning outdoor grow... Any advice is Loved!. Thanks! :jah:

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
    #386070 - 03/18/10 06:08 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

If they arent dead yet they will most likely start to veg again when the temps pick up. WHy did you plant outside so early? Did you plant them from seed or transplant them to outdoors? If you can grow indoors at all you should grow seedlings early and then put them out when weather allows.

OfflineMr. Hands
    #386454 - 03/18/10 11:22 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

I think you are putting stuff out way too early.  I always saw the best results when throwing plants out in early May.  I advise vegging plants inside until they are at least six inches tall before putting them outside.  If the girls are any smaller than that or if I use seeds then I notice a very high death rate.

I just dug a hole, put in decent soil, put in some Osmocote (pellet plant fertilizer), and lastly put in some of that water crystal stuff that absorbs like 100 times its weight in water.  Then throw some dried blood, dog hair, moth balls, soap, and a little human urine around the area.  Come back five months later and voila!

P.S.  Another thing to consider, you don't want your plants to get huge.  These douchebags in California growing 12 foot high plants and having thousands of them together are just asking for trouble.  I always made sure mine never got above five feet tall and they were always spread-out and non-uniform.  Never had a problem.  Also, wear a mask when you go to cut them down.  The cops will put cameras out to catch you.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #386511 - 03/19/10 04:56 AM (14 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

I8thesh400m said:
Hellow. first i would like to say im exited to be a member of the growery. i have been a member of the shroomery since 07. under the same name. i have alot more experience in mushrooms than marijuanna.

Okay.. i have about 6 plants.. i planted them 52 days ago. Outdoors. No fertilizer.. into medium rich soil.. in full exposure to sunlight.. The plants are only  maybe 3 inches tall. still have the first 2 leaves that come out.. and have the second set.. 3 leaved. Does this sound stunted or deficient in nutes or what? the leaves are very rich green.

Also... any outdoor tips? i plan to start about 25-35 By next week.
any tips at all would be loved.
Thank you very much for any info, i will try to bring in pictures soon

Yes they are stunted and very much so.

Temps-Way to cold esp if planted 52 days ago. That is gonna stunt them

Light-52 days ago the plants most likely tried to flower and with the light hours going back up are now trying to get into veg growth. (Most likely this didn't happen cause the growth being 52 days old and only the second set of true leaves most likely the cold kept em growing slowly.)

I like (and this is just the way I do it not by the book by any means) to put them out at the end of March to the start of May but you can get decent size plants even if you don't get the plants out till June. :happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineI8thesh400m
Outdoor Grow loser
Male

#387662 - 03/21/10 10:52 AM (14 years, 11 days ago)

Getting them started indoors is pretty much out of the question, what if i just go ahead and germinate them indoors then put them into their grow location outdoors? so late april is plant time.... gotcha
Someone asked why the heck i started soo early. the simple answer is that i dont know what the hell im doing. im learning here,. i already see the growery as a huge asset to my quest. thanks for the input.

Do the plants need full direct sunlight or can i try to conceal them by putting them in partail tree cover? will this hurt the vegging?
and yes i see the animals outdoors as a big problem.. the hair and soap really work???  do i basically surround the plants with it in like a witch circle?

--------------------

OfflineUnion420
Horticulturist

Loc: New World
    #387721 - 03/21/10 12:36 PM (14 years, 11 days ago)

Direct sunlight would be optimal, but as long as its not in complete shade youll get growth just not as fast. Light is very important, acctually the most important and more often than none the limiting factor in a grow. More light=fast healthy growth and nice yeilds, that is considering all your other factors are met like nutes, water, air ect.

Also human pee works well at keeping animals away, or at least it did for me, Dont pee on you plant lol, sprinkle urine in a circle like with the hair and soap.

--------------------
Everything is fictional, I dont even exist.

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: New To outdoor grow.. one question [Re: Union420]
    #387831 - 03/21/10 04:23 PM (14 years, 11 days ago)

Just start them in some plastic disposable cups and if you don't have artificial lighting for them, keep them in a spot by a window that gets decent sun. This will allow them to get a little bit of size, and they will have a much better chance at survival. When I was starting out, I tried starting seedlings outdoors a few times, there might have been one that made it to a mature plant..

The best advice I can give you is to not leave this site for any reason when you have free time. Doing your own research almost always turns out better than just going on advice from others. And let me tell you, there is enough info JUST on this site to get you from start to finish.

Good luck with your grow!

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineMr. Hands
    #388051 - 03/21/10 11:22 PM (14 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

I8thesh400m said:
Getting them started indoors is pretty much out of the question, what if i just go ahead and germinate them indoors then put them into their grow location outdoors? so late april is plant time.... gotcha

Do you live with your parents or something?  Haha...get a flourescent fixture with cool-white bulbs.  This works awesome as a vegging light.  Early May is optimal for outside planting as long as they are at least six inches tall. 

Quote:

I8thesh400m said:
Do the plants need full direct sunlight or can i try to conceal them by putting them in partail tree cover? will this hurt the vegging?

Once they are six inches tall I have noticed that they can take anything (direct sunlight, etc...).  If you have them in a forest area where they only get six hours direct sunlight then your plants don't get as big, but this can be good because they are not as easily spotted by the copters.  I keep my outside plants small and have never been jacked or found by the state boys because of this.

Quote:

I8thesh400m said:
and yes i see the animals outdoors as a big problem.. the hair and soap really work???  do i basically surround the plants with it in like a witch circle?

Do a circle around your plants of dried blood, dog hair, human urine, flakes of soap, and moth balls.  No animals will get near your plants.  The only thing you have to worry about is plant-killing mold, cops, and rippers.

Offlinemoogles
Re: New To outdoor grow.. one question [Re: Mr. Hands]
    #388550 - 03/22/10 11:52 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

Don't forget about pests!
A ring of diatomaceous earth for good measure

neem if you can get out to your plants often

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom