Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblesh0e

Loc: aus
Is my plant okay?
    #383887 - 03/15/10 05:13 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Hi everyone, this is my first post!. I tried to diagnose the problem myself, by flicking through the Infirmary but i can't pin point the problem.

I had 8 healthy plants and i messed up by giving them too much Nitrogen and lost 6 of them. Two of them survived.

i filled out the questionaire:

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seed.
2. How old are your plants? Aprrox 6-7 weeks old.
3. How tall are your plants? 15cm ( 6" )
4. What size containers are they planted in? 32x32x32cm
5. What is your soil mix? Just some general potting soil. I found horse poo in there.
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? When it gets reasonably dry enough to water. I use water out of the Tap.
7. What is the pH of your water? I don't know :\
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? I haven't bought any yet :\
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No.
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? It gets light from the sun during the day. The day's temperature being mid to high 30's (95-105F). I bring them inside during the night and i use CFLS. 2x 24watt, 1x 8watt = 56watt.
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 5cm ( 2" )
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? It is in a pot. I wrap around the pot, one of those sun reflectors for car windshields.
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 24C (75F)
14. What is the pH of the soil? I don't know :\
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? No
16. How much experience do you have growing? This is my first grow.

There is some yellowing on the leaves, i pointed it out with a arrow

my seedling grew 3 leaves, instead of 2. Is this normal?

On wednesday im going to the hardware store to by a pH tester and some food. But my friend has chicken poop, can i use that instead of buying fertilizer?

Is my plant okay?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is my plant okay? [Re: sh0e]
    #383889 - 03/15/10 05:48 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Buying a quality fertilizer is what you want to do, Fox Farm grow big is a decent fertilizer at a fair price.

Your seedling is doing just fine, it's not normal per se, but it happens from time to time and isn't a problem.

Your older plant looks like it could use a little bit of nitrogen.

How did you kill a bunch of plants with too much Nitrogen but not have any fertilizer??

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisiblesh0e

Re: Is my plant okay? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #383890 - 03/15/10 06:04 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

I bought a bag of Nitrogen.

The directions said use 10g per 1 square metre. So i took a hand full and sprinkled them over 8 pots, then i sprinkled a bit more. Then watered.

After 2 days they were getting really messed up. I flushed crazy amounts of water through the soil but they kept on burning. Eventually they crumbled when i touched them :frown:

4 Days ago i dissolved a tiny bit (just a few balls) in water and watered my oldest plant. Im so paranoid about giving it nitrogen now :S

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #383891 - 03/15/10 06:12 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Well you shouldn't be watering with just nitrogen to begin with.  Do you have a hydro store near you??  Most cities do.  I would recommend going there and chatting with the staff, they tend to be pretty knowledgeable.

I also recommend buying Indoor Marijuana Horticulture.

--------------------

-niteowl

Invisiblesh0e

Re: Is my plant okay? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #383893 - 03/15/10 06:41 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

I thought you could. I stuffed up big time.

I do have a hydro store close to me. On wednesday im heading down there for fertilizer and a pH tester.

Um, okay, im a little paranoid about talking to the hydroponic store staff members about food for my weed. Im assuming they will also know what i want it for though. I'll try not to be paranoid.

Ill check out some marijuana horticulture magazines too! thanks.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #383894 - 03/15/10 06:59 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

ph strips also

my money is your pH is out or off i should say

--------------------
Suck my balls America

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #383896 - 03/15/10 07:21 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Just don't use the word marijuana or any slang term for it.  Of course they know what your using it for, but as long you don't don't say it outright you can discuss what plants need.  All the nutrient line they carry will be developed for cannabis, they just don't advertise that.

And he already said he was getting pH testing supplies.

--------------------

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale