Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Flowering Problem please help [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #379907 - 03/08/10 10:31 AM (14 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
If you have a general hydroponics store in your town then go get some floranova bloom! You won be sad

How exactly does it work and whats the price? Like does it do something special for the plant now that its flowering? And how would I apply this to my aerogarden since I already have nutrients in it. Would I empty my water reservoir and put new water in with the new nutrients? Thanks for the help btw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

Re: Flowering Problem please help [Re: screekrunner]
    #379933 - 03/08/10 10:58 AM (14 years, 23 days ago)

Here is a picture update.
Day 32 overall
Day 11 flowering
bigger plant is 7inches smaller is 3 inches.

Okay here is the pictures, first I figured I would show my overall setup. Its the aerogarden box with black trash bags to keep light out. Inside I have a small tower fan made for a desk.

Overall picture

Its beautiful

The middle is getting veryyyyy bushy

This small plant is flowering also, I wonder how much it will yield. Any guesses???

And just for fun all the roots from the big plant

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #379940 - 03/08/10 11:13 AM (14 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

screekrunner said:
Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
If you have a general hydroponics store in your town then go get some floranova bloom! You won be sad

How exactly does it work and whats the price? Like does it do something special for the plant now that its flowering? And how would I apply this to my aerogarden since I already have nutrients in it. Would I empty my water reservoir and put new water in with the new nutrients? Thanks for the help btw

I'ts just specifically formulated for cannabis (although they never publicly state that, it's very obvious that it is). So providing your plant with the exact amounts of all the nutritious ions it requires to flower will make it put out far more weight and quality than just using generic nutrients designed for random herbs and veggies.

and yes, dump out your current water and add some of the floranova to a fresh batch. about 4-5ml per gallon would be my guess, but it could probably handle up to 6 or so. Can you show us a picture of the root system so we can see how developed it is?

Also, how strong is your light? the stronger the light the more food you can give your plant, and the more you will yield

--------------------

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

#379955 - 03/08/10 11:29 AM (14 years, 23 days ago)

There are two 26w 120v 60hz lights
Here are some more root pictures

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #379956 - 03/08/10 11:31 AM (14 years, 23 days ago)

yeah I would think those could handle a full strength feeding, around 5-6ml/gallon or so. once again keep an eye on them to make sure it's not too much food but they should be good.

Adding more light will be greatly beneficial too if you can afford it.

--------------------

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

#379962 - 03/08/10 11:39 AM (14 years, 23 days ago)

Well I was able to add two 13 watt cfls during veg that were just lamps around my house, but with the way I got everything setup I can't really fit it in there now that I have everything light proofed.
Just a couple of questions. First on this page it shows two floranovas. Which is the correct one?? https://877gehydro.com/nutrients/hydroponic/FloraNova.php

Also do you happen to know if they normally sell smaller cheaper bottles. Cause I may only use it once in which case I really can't afford a $30 bottle. Thanks for the help man

Oh ya btw you say it looks like my roots can handle a full dose. Does that mean smaller plants cant handle it. Will my small plant be okay. If you can tell in that picture with the ruler the roots are 8inches long

Edited by screekrunner (03/08/10 11:41 AM)

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #379966 - 03/08/10 11:41 AM (14 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

And I have no idea what the smallest bottle they sell at your store is :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

#379967 - 03/08/10 11:43 AM (14 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

And I have no idea what the smallest bottle they sell at your store is :shrug:

Hey I just edited my last post then wen I finished editing I noticed you already replied. Just if u could reread my last post if you don't mind, I had a concern for my small plant

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #379979 - 03/08/10 11:51 AM (14 years, 23 days ago)

honestly I have no idea how your smaller plant will handle it, but the general rule is that giving them more light means they can handle more nutes :shrug:  My guess is that it will be fine, but like I said, keep an eye on it and if it starts to look unhappy then you should dilute your solution a little

--------------------

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

#379984 - 03/08/10 11:58 AM (14 years, 23 days ago)

Thanks for all the help sorry I keep asking more questions. But I just called my store here they got it, but only in quarts and gallons. Do you have any other suggestions for nutrients. I'm hoping to either find some cheaper ones or something that comes in a smaller container since I only need like 10ml's after all

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #380176 - 03/08/10 04:07 PM (14 years, 23 days ago)

I would not recommend FloraNova for him.

He's probably not going to need anything that spectacular, I mean that's literally recommending the top of the line product for a first timer...

Not very logical, especially since he only has 2 tiny plants.  I would just get some regular bloom fertilizer, unless you wanted to shell out 2-5x as much money and get something from the hydro store.

Look for this.  It is what I used when I was completely broke and couldn't afford Fox Farms or General Hydro nutrients (top of the line) and it worked just fine.  I have honestly not even noticed any differences as of yet, but that may change nearer to harvest time.

It was about $5 and I still have 3/4 of it left after 3 years.

But if you feel like you are going to keep growing consistently from here on out, and are going to try to upgrade your setup and make a hobby out of this, then I would recommend getting FloraNova Grow and Bloom. 

I have some of both, and they were $27/each at the hydro store, I know, Ouch!

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Flowering Problem please help [Re: Inverted]
    #380180 - 03/08/10 04:16 PM (14 years, 23 days ago)

Ok well I read all of you and Harry's posts now, and since you only need it this one time I would DEFINITELY try to find something like I posted above.

Ditch the Aerogarden nutrient pucks, they are probably doing more harm than good at this point.  Just go ask someone at a store if you are really that clueless as to what you need.  I hate to break the news but with that lighting, you are going to be lucky to harvest anything worth smoking.  Buds WILL grow, but they may be extremely airy, and might take a loooooooong time to finish.  I know I sound like an :ass: but it's the honest truth.  I'd say you will probably get 1-3 grams of dried bud.  :sad:

I've seen people remove the top (light) of the AG before and hang their own CFL rigs above it and get much better finished results. 

:2cents:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

Re: Flowering Problem please help [Re: Inverted]
    #381318 - 03/10/10 02:46 PM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Okay I'm looking into the lights and nutrients. But I got a question. My plant is really starting to bud well now. But I have noticed in the middle of my plant where most the bud forms there are some small branches with just one leaf. They have no bud on them. Can I just cut them off to trim up the plant so more light can reach the bud???

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds