Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheFunk
Farmer
Male User Gallery

Darkness and Flowering
    #693375 - 11/12/13 09:37 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

During the flowering stage, plants need approx. 12 hours uninterrupted darkness.

How uninterrupted are 12 uninterrupted hours of darkness?

If I opened my closet to check on my plant during the dark period and let a little bit of light in for a minute, would my plant consider the dark period as over?

I can't imagine her being that unreasonable.

I adopted my first baby about a week ago and she's very small; its 2 months old and only like six inches tall with very little leafy growth. It was a gift and the previous owner was growing it in a window, during the fall, and he lives in the woods, so any sunlight was filtered through trees. On top of that, it was growing under a mature plant.

It didn't get enough light, for sure.

But now I have her growing under aerogarden lights (I'm only using the lights, the plant is in soil) and she's already looking healthier and has noticeable new leafy growth. When can I chop off my baby's head so she starts growing fat instead of tall? And when can I start flowering on a plant that is old enough to start flowering, but so stunted she looks like she's only a couple weeks old?

Don't give me shit about the aerogarden lights. They're working, she's growing fast now, and I don't want her to get much bigger than 15'' tall, max. I'm growing her for personal use, I don't care too much about crazy yields or anything. More than anything I'm interested in speed, but I'm not really impatient. I'm just anxious to see the results of my first grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
Re: Darkness and Flowering [Re: TheFunk]
    #693385 - 11/12/13 10:05 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Hello, Welcome to the Growery.  Introducing a little bit of light for a second or 2 during the dark period of flowering marijuana once in a while isn't a deal breaker.  You definitely don't want to make a habit of though, or the flowering cycle could easily become interrupted and the plant will become confused and stressed.  If you MUST examine bud formation and growth during the lights out period you could use a green light to illuminate the area.  Cannabis can't see the color green so it can't interrupt the lights out period of flowering marijuana.

Instead of topping I would recommend low stress training.  Low stress training is way less stressful on a plant than being cut and you get the same desired squatty, bushy growth but better, imo.  I'd also give the plant a while (like a month or more) in veg and let the plant form some leaves and acclimate to it's new environment before I induced flowering.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies