Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Nutes
    #379070 - 03/06/10 11:09 AM (14 years, 25 days ago)

When you guys change to flowering, do you keep juicing them with some vegging nutes to keep them healthy and growing, or is it All veg nutes for veg, then all flower nutes for flowering?

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: Nutes [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #379085 - 03/06/10 11:51 AM (14 years, 25 days ago)

Veg Nutes for Veg
Flowering Nutes for Flowering, plus bud boosters

--------------------

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: Nutes [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #379362 - 03/07/10 08:59 AM (14 years, 25 days ago)

Thats what i've been doing, but i think we are wrong.Any more feedback?

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #379399 - 03/07/10 10:31 AM (14 years, 24 days ago)

Vegetative nutrients added during flowering will delay flowering and maturity.  Especially large quantities of Nitrogen which will cause your plant to continue to put out new growth rather than using the nutrient energy for budding.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Nutes [Re: 81renaissance]
    #379771 - 03/08/10 12:58 AM (14 years, 24 days ago)

You definitely don't want to pump too much N during the middle or end of flowering because it will adversely affect flavor as well, but a N deficiency early in flower is just as bad.  Try to get all the plants you are about to flower a rich deep and healthy green before you flower it.  That way it will have enough N in its tissues to feed off of for the first couple of weeks of flower.  Realize that the stretch is the time when your plant is going to need the most N, and if your plant is already a pale green when put into flower, it will be yellow quick after stretching if not given additional N.  So it is important to get plants stocked up on N before flowering so that you can focus on feeding P and K.  The drop in N and the increase in P and K acts as a cue for the plant to begin working on forming buds.

Even FoxFarm's schedule recommends 2 weeks of adding Grow Big during the 3rd and 4th week of flower, to get the plant through to harvest.  Of course, this rule isn't etched in stone it depends on the strain.  I have had some indicas that never needed any additional N during flower.  On the other hand, good luck trying to get a 10 week flowering sativa to survive to harvest without supplementing the bud boosters with grow ferts, for several weeks, not just the 3rd and 4th of flower.

OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

Loc: Unknown
Re: Nutes [Re: dutc2006]
    #381732 - 03/11/10 06:16 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Marijuana requires high levels of nitrogen during vegetative growth. Nitrogen is mainly responsible for leaf and stem growth.
  Marijuana uses it's highest levels of phosphorus during flowering. Phosphorus is associated with resin and bud production.     
  Feed with a nutrient with more nitrogen then phosphorus and potassium. Make sure you have levels of phosphorus and potassium also. Just use a nutrient with more nitrogen than phosphorus and potassium for vegetative growth.
  For flowering growth. Feed with a nutrient that has more phosphorus than nitrogen or potassium. Make sure you also have levels of nitrogen and potassium. Use a nutrient with higher levels of phosphorus than nitrogen and potassium.
  Here is a link to some useful information that may help you when considering a nutrient regimen.
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/377620

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: Nutes [Re: Buddy Guy]
    #381939 - 03/11/10 01:37 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Problem is the chem dog's suckers are yellowing and eventually dieing.
ALl it's getting is big bloom by FoxFarm. And i was just curious why. The buds look fine, just suckers turn yellow from green and then die.

I guess i didn't give it enough N in the front end. It was always kinda lime color.

--------------------

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #382040 - 03/11/10 04:33 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Big Bloom doesn't contain but trace amounts of the main essential nutrients N(Nitrogen), P(Phosphorus), and K(Potassium).  It is meant to be a supplement to Grow Big for vegetative growth, and Tiger Bloom for flowering.  If the plant was always kinda lime color, it probably could use a boost in Nitrogen.  Those 3 numbers you see on the front of the Big Bloom bottle are the ratio of N, P, and K in that order.  I don't use Big Bloom but if I'm not mistaken, it's NPK ratio is something like .1-.1-.1.  Big Blooms purpose is to provide essential micronutrients.  Grow Big is like 6-4-4.  When you do start feeding it other nutes, start off slow.

Edited by dutc2006 (03/11/10 05:01 PM)

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: Nutes [Re: dutc2006]
    #399641 - 04/11/10 10:16 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

supposedly the big bloom is for use WITH tiger bloom in the end to add better flavor and heavier oil production. After changing to tiger, and supplementing with big bloom all the problems are far far away now. Only a few weeks to go!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder