Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

Loc: Unknown
Buddy Guy's Wise Grow Tips (#2) WATER!
    #378735 - 03/05/10 09:33 AM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Water. Water is the beginning of everything. Water is the true base of your pyramid. If your "base" nutrients are the meat and potatoes of your nutrient profile. Then water is the plate they are served on. Water is the bowl nutrients are mixed in.With out a proper water profile. Or zero(ppm/PH). You don't even know what you are mixing your nutrients into and what they will become. Then you wonder why your plants show funny colors. It's because you didn't start with a proper water profile in the first place.
  I always hear lots of questions about what kind of equipment to buy, ventilation, lighting, control boards...... When I ask them about their water. They haven't even thought about that.
  Check your water. What's the ppm? What's the PH? Look for an analysis on the local web site. Send it in. Pay a little bit of money and get it analyzed. Find out what your dealing with first. If your ppm or your calcium is to high. Or if you are on well water. You can find out what's going on there. You can always ask Santa for a Reverse Osmosis Machine. This will scrub pretty much everything out of your water. Reduce your water 0 ppm. Wipe the black board clean. Then you know what picture you are drawing or what your nutrient profile is gonna be. It makes sense to start with fresh water first so you know what your nutrient profile is gonna be in the end.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Buddy Guy's Wise Grow Tips (#2) WATER! [Re: Buddy Guy]
    #378895 - 03/05/10 08:05 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

R/O filters (Reverse Osmosis) are excellent for this purpose.  Some high end filters kill off bacterial life in the water (bad) while some don't filter out all of the Chlorine/Fluorine added by the municipal water company (for instance Brita filters are not effective at this).

R/O filters remove Cl/Fl, and leaves microlife to assist your plants.  It also DRASTICALLY reduces your ppm, so that you start with Buddy's recommended "clean slate".

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: Buddy Guy's Wise Grow Tips (#2) WATER! [Re: 81renaissance]
    #378901 - 03/05/10 08:30 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Does anyone know anything about these filters?  http://www.zerowater.com/

Supposedly a 0 ppm filter, and they start at like 35 bucks for a 'brita-style' pitcher.... Plus they come with a cheap tds meter?

It's gotta be too good to be true... any reviews?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Buddy Guy's Wise Grow Tips (#2) WATER! [Re: DudeTron]
    #379027 - 03/06/10 09:31 AM (14 years, 26 days ago)

the capacity of that pitcher looks pretty small.  Might be inefficient if you have multiple plants and require multiple gallons of water.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: Buddy Guy's Wise Grow Tips (#2) WATER! [Re: coda]
    #379124 - 03/06/10 02:30 PM (14 years, 26 days ago)

I'm gonna buy one just because I need the meter. $42 shipped with the pitcher isn't bad at all.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Buddy Guy's Wise Grow Tips (#2) WATER! [Re: DieselB]
    #379403 - 03/07/10 10:33 AM (14 years, 25 days ago)

nope, seeing as those meters run 30-40 bucks by themselves.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom