Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Flowering Problem please help
    #373236 - 02/25/10 09:10 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Any and all experienced growers I need your opinions. So here is my situation. Im doing my first grow right now. It was from a seed in a bag of mids I found. Anyways seems well so far. Plant is a little more then 6 inches tall. Here is a link to my grow log for pictures.  http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/371797
Anyways So heres my situation. The biggger plant in the pictures sprouted 2/5/10. Due to a strict time limit this plant needs to be done and out my house by lets just say 4/10/10. Its somewhere around there I want it gone early for safety, but I dont need to go into detail on that. Anyways thats a little less then a month and a half away. And I got a 6 inch plant. When should I start the flowering period to ensure it has enough time to flower. Now I know Im not gonna get the full potential out of this plant but I just want to get the best out of it I can now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTomCollins

Re: Flowering Problem please help [Re: screekrunner]
    #373245 - 02/25/10 09:32 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Switch to flowering immediately. You can actually 12/12 a plant right from seed. The idea behind vegging is to allow the plant to get large. Large plant = large yield. Flowering can really begin whenever you want.

However, due to your time restrictions, even if this was a 100% indica and only needed 7-8 weeks to flower, that still leaves you with not enough time. If you switch to flowering now, you may have some smokeable herb by the 10th.

Keep in mind that the bud must also be dried and cured. A process that normally takes an additional 2-3 weeks. This is actually quite important too.

Just for giggles I would finish off the plant and see what you end up with. What else can you do? :shrug:

Hopefully this will be a good learning experience for you too. Planning is key. Remember that.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

Re: Flowering Problem please help [Re: TomCollins]
    #373387 - 02/25/10 02:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Drying and curing is not a problem. Just can't have a living plant by that date. Anyways I just setup a better box around my grow area so there are no light leaks. Someone told me I should put the plant in darkness for 48 hours first to trigger the flowering. Do you suggest this?? Also, is there really anything I need to switch to flowering besides change my lights. Or is that it? Thanks for the help
oh btw again im very new but from my pictures is it possible to tell what kind of my plant mine is. Sativa, indica, etc.

Edited by screekrunner (02/25/10 02:26 PM)

Offlineitsasecret
Stranger

#373405 - 02/25/10 03:05 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think you need that, I would toss in some bood blood with the next watering to get flowering kickstarted

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #373406 - 02/25/10 03:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

that product shaves 2 weeks off your flowering time and keeps your plant shorter. It's expensive, but it's your only hope if you're looking for a plant to be ready for harvest by the 10th of April.

good luck :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

Re: Flowering Problem please help [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #373417 - 02/25/10 03:38 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

that product shaves 2 weeks off your flowering time and keeps your plant shorter. It's expensive, but it's your only hope if you're looking for a plant to be ready for harvest by the 10th of April.

good luck :thumbup:

Thanks. Any ideas on where to find this stuff

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #373425 - 02/25/10 03:58 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

every hydro store? :lol:

or just the internet. that's the best help I can give, I doubt you'll ever find it at home depot or anything if that's what you mean

--------------------

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

#373434 - 02/25/10 04:24 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Just got off the phone with my local hydro store. They got it. Looks like ill be making a trip there tomorrow thanks

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #373436 - 02/25/10 04:28 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

No problem man, good luck! :thumbup:

Are you familiar with how to apply it? it's a very sensitive additive that you'll want to be careful with so you don't burn down your whole crop. I can let you know the best way to go about that if you need

--------------------

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

#373442 - 02/25/10 04:36 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

That would probably be best. Thanks for your help btw. This is my first grow and probably my only for at least 6 months till I live on my own. So I'm going to be so excited if I actually get smokable bud off this thing. Im using an aerogarden as you see. Right now im trying to look up how much water my aerogarden holds, im assuming thats important information. Anyways also should the 4oz bottle be enough. Thats 20 then 8oz is 35. So cheapers best assuming its enough. Also keep in mind I moved that small plant in the pictures you see in my log into the aerogarden now. It would be great if I could flower maybe a bowl full of bud off the tiny little thing lol, but if this bushmaster stuff is going to kill my small plant im okay with that.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #373449 - 02/25/10 04:43 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Of course brotha, helping is my hobby! I did my first grow once too, and without people giving me some gentle guidance and assistance my plant wouldn't have come out nearly as nice as it did.

anyhow, down to business-
the 4oz will be enough to last you for years my friend! The application rate is 1ml per gallon, and you only run it for 2-3 days. firstly, NO other nutrients in your aero garden while this is running. like, NONE. this is the most important part.... just use plain water (bottled would be safest even) with 1ml (or even a little less to be safe) of bushmaster per gallon. if you can raise your light on the aerogarden then I would go ahead and do that too, but with the CFLs you should be fine if you can't.

Then, after 3 days of the bushmaster in your reservoir switch back to nutrients, but step up slowly back to your current strength. give her 2 days of 1/4 strength nutes, 2 days of 1/2 strength, and then try a full strength solution.

This stuff causes a MASSIVE uptake of nutrients so you need to keep a very close eye on your plant for the first couple days of this treatment. If you see any signs of nutrient burn then change your res water to plain water with NO bushmaster immediately. same thing after the treatment, if you step her up to 1/4 strength nutes and notice any burn whatsoever, immediately get rid of the water and replace with pure H2O for another day.

I know that all sounds very intimidating and dangerous but it's very safe to use and yields amazing results if you do it right. I've got faith in your skills, post pics and ask questions if you have any worries whatsoever!

good luck! :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

#373466 - 02/25/10 04:58 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Okay so first to clear things up, by pure h2o. Do you mean just tap water, cause thats what I have been using. Also im not sure what a nutrient burn even is. But to get things straight I need to empty my water resevouir completely and then fill with new water and add however much of this stuff I need (still cant figure out what my damn garden holds lol). Then after 3 days empty my water resovouir again and put new water in and start with 1/4 nutrients. All that sound correct. Also with the aerogarden I put these two white tablets in once every two weeks. So should I simply just cut a tablet in half put that in the day I switch back to nutrients. Then two days later put another half tablet in. Then after two more days drop the second tablet in so im back up to my full nutrients.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #373470 - 02/25/10 05:05 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yes sir, sounds like you're right on track :thumbup:

nutrient burn is simply when the plant gets overloaded with food and starts to burn.

as for figuring out what your garden holds, I wouldn't worry about it. just find an empty milk jug and put 1ml of the Bushmaster into the jug and then fill with water. Pour as much into your garden as you need, doesn't matter how much you use because it's all at the correct concentration, and then you don't have to go messing around with measuring 1/3 of a ml if your garden only holds 1/3 gal. see what I mean?

--------------------

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

#373475 - 02/25/10 05:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Good point there on the mixing idea. Well sounds like I should be good. Only one last question. My lights have been on since day 1. I was going to being flowering at midnight tonight. Should I wait till tomorrow and not start flowering though until I have the bushmaster in my water. Or does it not matter when I put the bushmaster in?

btw u registered on 4/20. lol thats hilarious

Edited by screekrunner (02/25/10 05:11 PM)

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #373984 - 02/26/10 08:23 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Haha yeah, 4/20 was the first day this website existed! The Growery started as an offshoot of the Shroomery and I was a member over there before this site existed, so on the grand opening I ran over here and registered.  :grin:

I'd say you can start flowering whenever you want. The directions say to use it for your first couple days of flowering so if you started flowering them today or tonight and add the bushmaster tomorrow that would be perfect. Sorry I didn't get back to you last night so you could flip the lights at midnight... hopefully you did anyway

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#373995 - 02/26/10 09:09 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It's a shame you will have to flower her so small but hopefully with harry's magic juice you will get some decent smoke and come in ahead of deadline.At least next time you have a chance to plug that areogarden back in you should be growing some nice smoke. I am definitely going to follow this close over the next few days and see how that stuff works. 2 weeks off flowering time would be great for me since I only do 2 at a time :smile:

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

Re: Flowering Problem please help [Re: pha3r0]
    #374022 - 02/26/10 10:43 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I figured since I was going to buy it in the morning might as well start lol. So yes I started flowering and I'm about to go get this stuff. And ya ill definitely keep updates with pictures on how this stuff works. I'm sure it can be good help for other people.

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

#374041 - 02/26/10 11:43 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Ok I got the stuff one question though. Are you sure about just using 1ml per gallon. Cause it says on the bottle 2.5-7.5ml per gallon

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #374046 - 02/26/10 11:53 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It's strain dependant, some strains can handle 3ml and be okay, but some can't even handle a drop. I'm recommending 1ml cause I would absolutely hate to see you burn down your only little girl :sad:

I've never heard of anyone using 7.5ml though... I don't think there's a plant on earth that would survive that.

the best part about it though is that you'll get the same results with 1ml/gal as you will with 3-4. no reason to push it IMO

--------------------

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

#374048 - 02/26/10 12:00 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Ok. I trust you, you have used this stuff yourself right? I just wanted to make sure I'm going to go start mixing the water now

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale