Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineragtimewilly
Jimmy Rigging Master
 User Gallery

Very small buds?
    #372143 - 02/24/10 12:49 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

So I've been flowering for around two months now and trichomes are apparent but have not started turning amber yet, although they seem on the verge of turning. My problem is that the buds although there are a lot, seem very small and very thin. It doesn't look like there's even any weight to the buds at all. I figured I would have seen more growth than this in the buds after two months and I also had some problems with my light which messed with the light period several times, curious if this just delayed growth a bunch. This is my first grow so any incite on what my problem may be is appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Very small buds? [Re: ragtimewilly]
    #372147 - 02/24/10 12:52 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Could be many factors man, what light are you using? What nutes? Soil or hydro? We need lots more details.

OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

Loc: Unknown
Re: Very small buds? [Re: Triptonic]
    #372242 - 02/24/10 07:03 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like a light problem to me. What kinda of light(s) are you using?

You said you had a problem with your light that messed with your light period several times? Explain.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Very small buds? [Re: ragtimewilly]
    #372283 - 02/24/10 08:12 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I disagree about it being the light. Since the pistils are still white after 8 weeks of flowering my guess is that you're growing a pure sativa with a VERY long flowering time. Some sativas need upwards of 16-20 weeks of flowering time to mature :eek:  Although it's a long wait I can promise they'll fill in by the end

--------------------

OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

Re: Very small buds? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #372332 - 02/24/10 09:52 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
I disagree about it being the light. Since the pistils are still white after 8 weeks of flowering my guess is that you're growing a pure sativa with a VERY long flowering time. Some sativas need upwards of 16-20 weeks of flowering time to mature :eek:  Although it's a long wait I can promise they'll fill in by the end

Agreed. I didn't look close enough at his pics before I posted. Way to pay attention on my part. I shall hang my head in shame...OK enough of that.

Actually I think it could be a little bit of both.                                  Indoor Sativa plants will require more intense light and a longer photoperiod than Indicas and Indica-Sativa hybrids because the days are longer and the sun is more intense where Sativa plants originate from. The Equator. He said his light period messed up several times. I am wondering about that. I don't grow Sativas indoors with any thing less then 1000watts. It's just not worth the effort to me to grow Sativas indoors with anything less than 1000watts. It takes too long and over all yeilds are low.

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Very small buds? [Re: Buddy Guy]
    #372341 - 02/24/10 10:16 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I don't have any insight other then if harry balls is right they look to be right on track.

can I add on the question of are trichs the only sure way to know when a plant is prime for choppin? as we get closer to my 60 day mark i want to know how to tell exactly.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

Re: Very small buds? [Re: pha3r0]
    #372360 - 02/24/10 10:42 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I watch the trichomes. I like em mostly clear for a more "heady high". Marijuana plants also mine the nitrogen out of their leaves in the last couple of weeks. When your plant(s) begin to mine their nitrogen, the fan leaves begin to turn yellow and droop. This is another sign of them finishing.

Offlineragtimewilly
Jimmy Rigging Master
 User Gallery

Re: Very small buds? [Re: Buddy Guy]
    #372609 - 02/24/10 04:02 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hey guys thanks for the replies. I have a hard time believing it's the lighting, I have a 400 watt hps devoted to this single plant. When I talked about the lighting issue The light turned off for about an hour during the light cycle several times cause the breaker popped off, water leaking from ceiling and crazy shit, but thats all taken care of. It's definitely primarily sativa so I think Harry is right, we'll see I'll keep everyone posted.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck