Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
Re: GreenThumb's Garden. What does your Garbage grow??? [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #362167 - 02/11/10 07:40 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

nice grow dude :smile: just an sort of relevant question for you guys, if MG is used in vegetative state and another plant food is used for flowering will the harshness still be present after a good 2 week flush using rainwater?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineenno
starman
Male User Gallery

Loc: space
    #362185 - 02/11/10 08:58 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

beautiful plants man

great job  :dancer:

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: GreenThumb's Garden. What does your Garbage grow??? [Re: enno]
    #368992 - 02/20/10 08:31 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-2/20/10 (68 Days Flowering)
One more plant got the chop because the trichs looked ready. Do they look ready to you? They look HEADY to me.

The rest are mostly done with the exception of the tops. It seems that the tops keep growing (just like last time) and the hairs at the top are all green. The closer to the bulb, the more new growth there is. Is it fine to harvest them with green tops? I had to last time it just kinda looked funny.

I need to finish them before next Sunday because that's when the other 10 start flowering. Any tips for finishing fast? Maybe lights out for a few days?

The two LST'd plants are now flowering as you can see in the foreground. They've been there for about 4 days.

Two pics of the beautiful color the smaller plants have taken on. I'm keeping the smaller ones for head. They look so much more vibrant than the larger ones.

I'm putting pics of my 10 new ladies in the Grow Journals section so check for them there. I want to see the progression of them individually so I'm giving them a separate thread.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #369119 - 02/21/10 12:06 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You're going to sell that shit?  Why!?

I would never go through that much time and love to sell the product, maybe if I had a large operation but even growing 4oz, I feel like that's the minimal amount to smoke until next harvest... lol

Not too many friends are going to get to smoke my Magash buds... Those sexy biatches are going to cure for a long time and keep me high for a long time.  My buds just started taking off forming calyx's @ day 21.  A little later than normal, but I have a feeling they will make up for it :wink:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: GreenThumb's Garden. What does your Garbage grow??? [Re: Inverted]
    #369120 - 02/21/10 12:07 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

BTW, I really want to see how those LST'd bushes turn out man!  :thumbup:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: GreenThumb's Garden. What does your Garbage grow??? [Re: Inverted]
    #369122 - 02/21/10 12:19 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
BTW, I really want to see how those LST'd bushes turn out man!  :thumbup:

YES... I can't wait!  Are you gonna keep training them through the stretch, or is it time to let them do their thing?

The buds look :drooling:  too man... Great job

OfflineMud
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: GreenThumb's Garden. What does your Garbage grow??? [Re: DudeTron]
    #369124 - 02/21/10 12:25 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Nice job man, looks fantastic.

Mud

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Re: GreenThumb's Garden. What does your Garbage grow??? [Re: Mud]
    #369131 - 02/21/10 01:06 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

anyone got an answer for my question @ the top of this page? And i agree why sell man they your babies

--------------------

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
Re: GreenThumb's Garden. What does your Garbage grow??? [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #369140 - 02/21/10 03:19 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know if flushing with rain water is ideal.  I have never used rain water but as I understand it rain water typically has good amounts of Nitrogen.  Nitrogen is the nutrient that adversely affects the taste the most.  In soil a 2 week flush should give your plant enough time to expend all the nutrients stored up in it's tissues, I would just be concerned about using rainwater. I think you would be better off using tap even if it is hard water for the flush.  pH adjusted of course.  I recommend 2 week flush and I also use Clearex to ensure an effective flush.

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GreenThumb's Garden. What does your Garbage grow??? [Re: dutc2006]
    #369291 - 02/21/10 12:41 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Who said anything about selling? I'm "giving samples" to a few close friends for "donations" toward grow room upgrades (even though they don't know this). I don't really know enough people to sell. I'm kinda a hermit, which is why I grow in the first place. If I was participating in social circles I wouldn't even think of doing this.

If I do run out between now and 2 months from now it's OK with me. I know that I'm making an investment in the future. I should be able to make it until about 2 weeks before the next harvest. Then I can go bigger and not worry about running out.

I've already started ordering. I got a BIG tent that was missing a few pieces but they're on the way. And a Soler & Palau 6" inline fan, all thanks to my girl. :grin: The next step is a reflector, bulbs, and one of those Galaxy Select-a-Watt ballasts.

Right now I'm doing what I can with what I have. But hang on, because that's about to change (hopefully sooner than later, I'm sick of being so pressed for space under the HPS).

I stopped training the LST'd plants because the tops were pretty much at the same level. So we'll see what happens. Stay tuned.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

#370252 - 02/22/10 07:22 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I don't have tap water :frown: only rainwater, guess i'll just have to deal with the harshness :jah:

--------------------

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
Re: GreenThumb's Garden. What does your Garbage grow??? [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #370801 - 02/22/10 04:15 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Oh, don't take my word for it, I have never used rain water.  I mean it is nature's way, so that is usually the right way.  I don't know how much N is present in typical rain water but it couldn't be like fertilizing with a chemical grow fert.

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Drastic Measures. [Re: dutc2006]
    #376194 - 03/01/10 02:07 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

-3/1/10 (77 Days Flowering)
Almost done. 1 more small plant got the chop. I had to move my other plants under the HPS so these ones are now in front of the window. Should get another 4+ ozs. out of this. The trichs finish before the tops do. Guess it's just the strain.

The LST'd giants started flowering. Unfortunately they also had to be moved in front of the window. Doesn't look like I'll be able to do much with them. Oh well.

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Almost done. [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #379816 - 03/08/10 05:38 AM (14 years, 24 days ago)

-3/8/10 (84 Days flowering)
I cut the largest plant down. Now I have 2 small ones and two large ones still finishing up. They have been taken away from the window and put in a more shaded area during the day. This seems to be helping in finishing the top.

The nugget is ONE of the top colas out 2 on the largest plant. It weighs 14.3g. The other top was 12.8g. Not bad for a shitty HPS.

I will post a harvest total when I chop the others. It should be pretty close to 8ozs. when all is said and done, not counting shitty popcorn buds. I hope to smash this total with my next grow.

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #379833 - 03/08/10 07:04 AM (14 years, 24 days ago)

lookin WICKED good doc.

8 zippahs aint too shabby in the least bit.

btw i just picked up some grow bags..thanks for the feedback on'em. I think they'll work great for my clones...:thumbup:

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Almost done. [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #379953 - 03/08/10 11:29 AM (14 years, 23 days ago)

Grow bags are definitely one of my best investments. I have since retired my 8 inch pots in lieu of these.

I like the placement of the side holes. It seems to allow very good airflow to the roots which promotes rapid root development.

--------------------

OfflineOGman
Stranger
    #486638 - 10/10/10 06:13 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Are you THE Dr. Greenthumb the famous breeder?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies