Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKilluminati_420
Swimmin in Cyans soon
Male

Loc: Oregon Coast
Correct Way to Cure Cannabis??
    #370013 - 02/21/10 10:38 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I just recently got interested in growing a few years ago, and ive smoked cannabis everyday since my 11th birthday,...and ive always wondered...How is cannabis cured correctly? I hear you are supposed to just trim the buds while they are wet as much as you can, and hang dry in a cool, dark dry and airy place until stems crack, finish trimming the buds, then put the buds in sealed jars and air out the jars a few times each day until it smells good...someone told me that this was the way to cure...I heard from someone else that you are supposed to re-hydrate it with a small piece of an orange peel or wet paper bag or something and dry out again a few times....Which way is correct?

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Rw_1nRuu0

Amanitas for Trade this Oct-Dec^
"Dont gain the world and lose your soul...Wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Correct Way to Cure Cannabis?? [Re: Killuminati_420]
    #370021 - 02/21/10 10:41 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

there are actually a ton of different ways to do it from what I've heard.

water curing is the new fad, but I think it sounds like an absolutely terrible idea to soak your buds in water, regardless of how great the final product is supposed to be

--------------------

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: Correct Way to Cure Cannabis?? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #370048 - 02/21/10 10:55 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I have heard great things about water curing

Not sure if anyone has posted about it on the growery though, You should try it on some of your product on your next harvest :happyweed:

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: Correct Way to Cure Cannabis?? [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #370052 - 02/21/10 10:58 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I dry my buds till they are like 80% dry and then I trim them, throw them in jars for about 2 weeks and then rehydrate with saturated perlite :crazy2:

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #370072 - 02/21/10 11:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I've seen a bunch of posts on it here as well as other places. I dunno, everyone seems to think it's great, but I just can't bring myself to soak my beautiful nugs in water for a week. it hurts my very soul just to think about it

--------------------

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

#370090 - 02/21/10 11:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
I've seen a bunch of posts on it here as well as other places. I dunno, everyone seems to think it's great, but I just can't bring myself to soak my beautiful nugs in water for a week. it hurts my very soul just to think about it

Im not in the cult forums very much :shrug:

anyway you should try it with a little bit of your next harvest and see how it works for yourself :smile:

I can also help with said testing process if need be :bonghit:

--------------------
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #370096 - 02/21/10 11:20 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Yeah, that sounds a little crazy for my taste. I might try it with one nug and see how it works. I've always heard of hanging them and putting them in jars??? That sound about right? I know there's lots of ways to do it.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Correct Way to Cure Cannabis?? [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #370098 - 02/21/10 11:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

that's how I do it :shrug:

I wonder if I can do it with some of my last harvest that's already dried?

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #370110 - 02/21/10 11:28 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
that's how I do it :shrug:

I wonder if I can do it with some of my last harvest that's already dried?

I would think it would be too late and you would just have soaked budz, but I'm no expert as you know. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

#370111 - 02/21/10 11:28 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

probably, only thing I can think of that could be bad is that the trichomes might be more brittle and fall off :shrug:

But one cool thing about water curing is people have been using nutes up to the time they cut em down and the water cure seems to flush them out pretty damn well according to what ive read

--------------------

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

#370205 - 02/22/10 01:02 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

They cure tobacco the same way, I have done it before with bud also, it is pretty awesome but I still prefer dry curing, I have also seen a noticeable difference in weight when finished with wet cures weighing more.

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Correct Way to Cure Cannabis?? [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #370233 - 02/22/10 04:36 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I just hung mine then I put them in a jar with a piece of moist sponge glued to the lid. I didn't do a super great job trimming, but the bud came out quite nicely and is very smokeable.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Edited by TomCollins (02/22/10 04:37 AM)

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Correct Way to Cure Cannabis?? [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #370261 - 02/22/10 07:53 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TheShroomJew23 said:
They cure tobacco the same way, I have done it before with bud also, it is pretty awesome but I still prefer dry curing, I have also seen a noticeable difference in weight when finished with wet cures weighing more.

weighs more? That's the opposite of everything I've read about it. everyone claims that it removes more toxins (or nutrients, whatever) so your final product ends up weighing less.... maybe its all about your drying process after the water curing...

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

#370268 - 02/22/10 08:25 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

TheShroomJew23 said:

weighs more? That's the opposite of everything I've read about it. everyone claims that it removes more toxins (or nutrients, whatever) so your final product ends up weighing less.... maybe its all about your drying process after the water curing...

Or maybe he's full of shit? :shrug: We'll never know without pictures....

Queue Captain.Koons!!! :discorex:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Correct Way to Cure Cannabis?? [Re: TomCollins]
    #370301 - 02/22/10 09:01 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

GreenX from roll it up posted a neat thread on water curing with pics.  It's pretty interesting, as I have never heard of water curing until harry mentioned it above in this thread.

Edit: ShroomJew check out the thread. GreenX actually states that almost half of the weight is lossed with wet curing opposed to the other various air curing techniques. I am interested to see if your water curing methods were any different than what GreenX did.

Edited by Farmer Joe (02/22/10 09:19 AM)

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Correct Way to Cure Cannabis?? [Re: TomCollins]
    #370302 - 02/22/10 09:03 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Just for the record. I'd never stick my buds in water either. Maybe some popcorn buds. I may have to test at some point. :plot:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

OfflineKilluminati_420
Swimmin in Cyans soon
Male

Loc: Oregon Coast
Re: Correct Way to Cure Cannabis?? [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #370339 - 02/22/10 10:26 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yea...i guess im just gonna test out water curing on my popcorn buds next harvest to see how it goes...Thanx Guyz...i first read about water curing on the Growery FAQ and thought "No Way"...but it seems interesting and im gonna try it! :thumbup:

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Rw_1nRuu0

Amanitas for Trade this Oct-Dec^
"Dont gain the world and lose your soul...Wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #370453 - 02/22/10 12:59 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

TheShroomJew23 said:

Yeah.

I've water cured at least a portion of every harvest along with buds I've picked up and wasn't satisfied with. If anything the final product of a water cure is definitely going to be less. After the water cure the buds will dry out far quicker than normal and get to be as dry as can be. You also lose whatever portion of chlorophyll, nutrients, etc as you mentioned.

I don't know what sort of figures one would expect in terms of difference in weight between each method but I've had a stash of white widow both water cured and traditionally cured and the slowly cured weed never lost as much weight as the water cured.

The water cured weed also loses all of it's weight only a few days after being in water changed 1-2 times per day.

I love smoking some water cured weed in fat spliffs I do this in the car and smoke a cigarette after and no one smells weed on me. I don't believe any smell is left of the weed even before the cigarette is smoked, I just like a cigarette after smoking weed.

Also imo you should only water cure weed that is either all about raw potency or commercial yields such as critical mass, chronic, maybe strains with undesirable smells like your skunks, chemdog crosses, etc. I'd never water cure some sweet tooth or anything alike.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
Re: Correct Way to Cure Cannabis?? (moved) [Re: Killuminati_420]
    #371233 - 02/22/10 10:00 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

This thread was moved from The Smoke Lounge.

Reason:
There's some good info here.  :yesnod:  Better suited for the cultivation forum

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: Correct Way to Cure Cannabis?? (moved) [Re: captain.koons]
    #371279 - 02/22/10 11:40 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yo, I didn't re-read my post before posting. What I was trying to say is there is a noticeable difference in weight when finished with wet cures not weighing more. I was like still tripping and rolling from a party when I wrote that, no need to flip on a simple typo guys.:boot:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck