Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedsotm
Male

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Fox]
    #364373 - 02/14/10 09:58 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Sweet!  Those are gonna be covered in buds in no time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: dsotm]
    #364409 - 02/14/10 10:12 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Fox said:
Another beautiful grow my man!  I'll be keeping up with this one :vaped:

Thank you good sir!  How has life been treating you?  Are you still on a dry spell?  You really need to fix that... :wink:

I cannot explain how badly I want to see these to fruition, because my last grow was just getting me dialed in to indoor growing, now that I've got the swing of things in that department, you will see nothing but improvement out of me.  I am NEVER satisfied with my work.  Yes I may be proud of it but I can always find some way to improve.

Quote:

dsotm said:
Sweet!  Those are gonna be covered in buds in no time.

I'll be happy if my results look anything like yours.  You came outta nowhere and produced this awesome grow with bagseed and even managed to wow our Picture forum mods with your results.  :thumbup:

I counted the other day and I have around 60 "potential" budsites, and that was a low end estimate because I don't believe they will all be of equal size.  Obviously the apical tips are going to have the largest buds, but the Hindu x Master in the back left corner is going to have no distinguishable main tip, as It behaved much differently to the LST, as it was more stretchy.  I really really like the smell coming off of that strain though, and the plant in the very middle of the screen is my favorite and I'm going to keep that pheno around if everything pans out, and the clone I took from her survives...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Inverted]
    #364577 - 02/15/10 12:58 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

looking very nice man, shame to hear about the possible hermie, hope all turns out well for you

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #364705 - 02/15/10 01:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Inbred_gimp said:
looking very nice man, shame to hear about the possible hermie, hope all turns out well for you

as long as it doesn't pollinate all the other ladies, i wouldn't mind just one hermie. i mean it's not all THAT bad. you've got a shitload of seeds.

wait, again, newb question. if you get a hermie, will those seeds be hermie if you planted one and started growing it? :confused: i think i heard somewhere they would, correct or no?

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #364709 - 02/15/10 01:20 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It's still to early to even tell, and for some odd reason it's showing up on only 1 or 2 of the biggest branches, NOWHERE else.  Just hairs all over.

The thing is, if it's a heavy hermie as I call it, and it's more than just a couple "nanners" shooting out, then chances are the seeds will produce Hermie offspring.

If it's a light hermie, so out of all the nugs, only a nanner or two pollinates the crop, then the chances are the seeds will be females.  You get my drift?

I don't want any hermies because I am sort of selective breeding with this crop as it is, so I don't want my results tainted.  I really don't know what to think.  I KNOW Magash wouldn't prodcuce seeds that had a tendency to herm, and I know I've covered all my loose ends before I even started this grow so I have no idea if it's really herming or not.  Like I said they are slow to start flowering from the training so it will be a week before I can say for sure.

Thanks guys.  I'm so happy with how everything is coming along.  I haven't even seen em for a couple days, I should probably get in there and feed.

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#364717 - 02/15/10 01:36 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yeah i get what you're saying. i would say just keep your eye on them. all you can do really, until you know for sure.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #364735 - 02/15/10 01:59 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You said it.  It would just be a shame to have one of these get the axe.

Especially since I've done a lot of work to fill that screen as evenly as possible, which is harder than I thought.  Keep for fingers crossed for me guys!

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#364802 - 02/15/10 03:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I thought your screen looked well arranged. How is the chicken wire workin? would you go for bigger or smaller holes? I am thinking ahead cause I know that freezer isn't going to handle more then 1 without a screen, even then maybe still only 1.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: pha3r0]
    #364825 - 02/15/10 04:22 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

They blew up a little bit after the 2 recent feedings with Cha Ching and another Bloom fert I use.  Schultz I think.  They were trained down the the screen 2 or 3 days ago, and are already a good 2-3 inches above it now.  I'm thinking about letting them go from now, what do you guys think?

I'd be willing to bet they aren't going to stretch much more at all and they will need some vertical growth for better bud formation along the main stem.  Just my thoughts on the matter.  Seeing as they are looking heavy on the Bubba side, I'd guess they aren't going to stretch much.

Quote:

pha3r0 said:
Yeah I thought your screen looked well arranged. How is the chicken wire workin? would you go for bigger or smaller holes? I am thinking ahead cause I know that freezer isn't going to handle more then 1 without a screen, even then maybe still only 1.

Next time I'm going to build a frame that fits all the way to the walls, and is less space consuming.  I wasted 2-3 inches on every wall with the frame.  I'd also use larger holes.  I had the perfect screen but I lost it somewhere.  It was the netting that they wrap christmas trees in.  It was white plastic, super thin, and had holes that were about 2x2".  It gets hard to pull tops with fan leaves through 1 inch holes, but it was all I had to use at the time without spending money.  It works good because I can be more accurate with where the tops will end up, but in the long run it's more of a bitch to adjust.

And my hermie paranoia is fading.  I was just jumping the gun I think, because more of the preflowers I thought were suspect ended up shooting out hairs.  Pfew dodged a bullet there.  Magash would have kicked my ass if I grew a hermie lol.  I'm fucking stoked, sorry if I rant and seem like I'm bragging because that is NOT my intention at all.  I'm just excited and trying to keep a fairly detailed journal for everyone to learn from.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #364828 - 02/15/10 04:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Alright I've been following this since the start but I'm sick of having to search it out every time so I'm going to post here so it's easier to find :lol:

And it looks like they're far enough into flowering that you should stop tucking them under in my opinion. I've only scrogged once so take that with a grain of salt but I think letting them grow taller from this point on is going to make for a killer yield.

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #364831 - 02/15/10 04:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Your grow is looking lovely! Also its hermie free!

The screen looks nice too, is it supported by the wall right now?

Offlinedsotm
Male

#364847 - 02/15/10 05:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:  I'll be happy if my results look anything like yours.  You came outta nowhere and produced this awesome grow with bagseed and even managed to wow our Picture forum mods with your results.  :thumbup:

Thanks man.  I bet your plants are going to turn out looking just as good, if not better then mine.  I made a few mistakes along the way and think I could do better next time.  That picture did turn out pretty good.  Never thought it would go up for POTM though.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#364852 - 02/15/10 05:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Alright I've been following this since the start but I'm sick of having to search it out every time so I'm going to post here so it's easier to find :lol:

And it looks like they're far enough into flowering that you should stop tucking them under in my opinion. I've only scrogged once so take that with a grain of salt but I think letting them grow taller from this point on is going to make for a killer yield.

That's exactly my logic on the issue.  I really think I'm going to blow away my last run with this one.  I have literally at least 10x as many budsites with the same amount of plants.  Woot woot for progress!

If I get anywhere near 4oz from this I will shit my pants.  I vegged for 5 weeks and 3 days so we'll see, there are 5 plants so I hope I get near an Oz per...
Quote:

Dephect said:
Your grow is looking lovely! Also its hermie free!

The screen looks nice too, is it supported by the wall right now?

I knooooooooow!  I was so happy to check on them today to only see more and more hairs and no male parts.  I was giddy like a child.

Yes it is supported by the wall.  If you look close you can see 3 supports, one of which has my ghetto thermometer in there.  It works fine.

Quote:

dsotm said:
Quote:

Inverted said:  I'll be happy if my results look anything like yours.  You came outta nowhere and produced this awesome grow with bagseed and even managed to wow our Picture forum mods with your results.  :thumbup:

Thanks man.  I bet your plants are going to turn out looking just as good, if not better then mine.  I made a few mistakes along the way and think I could do better next time.  That picture did turn out pretty good.  Never thought it would go up for POTM though.

I think you are not giving yourself as much credit as you deserve.  That was a fantastic grow and journal.  I personally loved it.  And the pictures and colors are all just sexy IMO.  I am confident this go round though, and I know this screen is going to be a cola minefield come harvest time, but I don't believe it til I see it!  Hairs are finally emerging, for some reason it took these plants forever to kick into flower.  I really think the LST messing with the hormone transfer had something to do with it, because overall everything is working out perfectly.  :strokebeard:

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#364853 - 02/15/10 05:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

groovey I was thinking about the same type of mesh you had. I figure the holes being pretty flexible would make up for them being a bit smaller. Next round in the freeeeezer is going to be under a screen for sure.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: pha3r0]
    #364858 - 02/15/10 05:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I really think Scrog or Heavy LST is what every personal/mini grower should implement for highest yield.  It's not that the overall yield is that much higher than non training, but the percentage of colas compared to popcorn buds is a whole different story.

I will probably have nearly no popcorn from this.  I cleaned up all the branches up to the screen so almost nothing is growing under the screen.

If I didn't train like this, I could easily see 1/4 of the bud weight in popcorn buds and hash pile contributions that otherwise could be large buds if using scrog.

I've always wanted to do it and this time I just said fuck it, I have to try it, what's there to lose!?  If I fucked it up I think I might lose a little yield, but would gain a lot more experience and would only improve.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #364859 - 02/15/10 05:59 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

nah it looks really good so far Inverted. If you keep on this track I think you're gonna shatter old records :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #364862 - 02/15/10 06:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks Harry, It means a lot coming from you!  :hi5:

I've never grown any genetics even close to this high quality, so more than anything I'm excited for the final product more than the yield.

You think I can hit 100g's?  I think it will be tough with this strain because Bubba is associated with low yields, but the Hindu x master Kush, and the plants that have more Super Skunk in them will yield fairly well.  Either way, I am confident that every bud that comes out of this harvest will be better than anything I've ever produced.  I wish I had lbs of the shit so I could send everyone a sample, but sadly I won't be so fortunate until after the outdoor season.  :wink:

--------------------

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#365331 - 02/16/10 02:51 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hey man just found this shite, looking pretty damn sweet man....

me you and harry need to get together and do some like ridiculously big grow, and maybe play some xbox lol

--------------------
Blue Dream (HSO) 1200 Watt HPS Grow Tent Journal

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." ~Albert Einstein

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Frizzleman]
    #365334 - 02/16/10 02:53 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like a plan to me!!!  Haha.  I'm moving to CO in the coming year and I've got a lot of shit I have to take care of before I go, but I'm ready to dive into the caregiver scene...

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#365341 - 02/16/10 03:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Dude, I picked up the new High Times last night when I went to the store. There's a few articles about becoming a caregiver n shit. There's a couple farmers (brothers) in Montana that pretty much own the market. They will actually deliver to their customers though and sell the shit like 150$ cheaper per ounce than the other places do. Really good interview/article with Rick Simpson too. Shit got me really thinking about picking up and carrying my ass out to the midwest sometime in the future. Most of the issue was about the experience at Cannabis Cup though. Good issue all in all though, definitely worth the 6 bucks. Good read.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds