Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Garden Grow -tomatoes-flowers-herbs [Re: chucklehead]
    #376457 - 03/01/10 07:36 PM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Yeah Lowes and the more corporate hardware stores usually have less inflated prices. I like shopping at ACE because its the underdog but sometimes there selection lacks and shit is expensive there.

Can you remove the shelves? Like to hold a mother or something? I was thinking about using one as a mother/clone tent when I get into that phase, but for now using it for all my veggies so I can have more space in the tent to build a ebb and flow and test it.

Edited by Dephect (03/01/10 07:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Loc: The Hall of Doom
Re: Garden Grow -tomatoes-flowers-herbs [Re: Dephect]
    #376811 - 03/02/10 11:51 AM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Yeah the shelves are just wire racks that set on top of the tube constructed frame.  You can lift them off any time you like and a plant can grow right on up through.  Matter of fact I was planning on doing that for my bottom shelf plants once they get too large.  I have to build the second one some time this week since my seedlings are starting to sprout now.  I'll snap a pic and show you.

C.H.:super:

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #376906 - 03/02/10 12:55 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Word. This is for you though.

Thats whats left of my garden after my cat jumped on the table they where on and they flipped over. The plywood was on a bucket. Lots of my plants snapped in half or died. Silly cat.

At least I still have my eggplants :smile:

I just topped them :smile:

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: Garden Grow -tomatoes-flowers-herbs [Re: Dephect]
    #380866 - 03/09/10 08:15 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

Looking good man!

Here is the latest in my indoor garden. 

--------------------

InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

#380869 - 03/09/10 08:18 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

yeah yeah real nice

looks like you are going to have a full garden

InvisibleSimisuM
Male User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: Garden Grow -tomatoes-flowers-herbs [Re: Ben18]
    #381207 - 03/10/10 10:04 AM (14 years, 12 days ago)

:facepalm:
i don't know how many times i've heared this story before... plants, cat, fucking mess :sad:

i'm never having a cat, EVER! (at least i hope i won't ever have to live with one...)

good luck and take care :tongue:

--------------------
It's a WEED man!

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: Garden Grow -tomatoes-flowers-herbs [Re: Simisu]
    #381279 - 03/10/10 01:02 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

It isn't just cats.  My dog ate the tops off of several of my seedlings and she has a thing about basil and ivy.  She likes to rip it out of the dirt.  She just did it the other day, again.  I think basil and ivy some how remind her of rope.  So maybe she thinks it's a toy.  As for the other plants I think she's jealous of the care and attention that the plants receive.  So she kills a few to display her displeasure.  Who know's maybe she's just curious or maybe seedlings taste good to her. 

The trouble is I can' never catch her in the act.  So it is difficult to correct the behavior because a lot of times dogs don't understand why they are in trouble if you get upset with them way after the fact.  For example I have this ratty old arm chair she used to chew on when I was at work.  She didn't get why she was in trouble when ever I would come home and find part of the chair shredded.  Finally I caught her putting her mouth on it one saturday and corrected her.  Never a problem again after the lightbulb went on in her brain. 

Oh and before anyone goes all ape shit I correct her with 'time outs' where she has to sit in the bathroom alone for a while (the door isn't even closed), scoldings, and a squirt bottle.

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

COMPLETE [Re: chucklehead]
    #423004 - 05/24/10 06:47 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I wanted to finish this thread off.  I did in fact get almost all of the plants I started to finish all the way through hardening off.  The majority of the plants when to farms and friends.  Sadly many died after that.  I guess when you give people free stuff they don't respect it much.  A great ammount of the plants I started this year were for other people.  So my indoor project when very out of control.

Here is my plan for next year.  I'm not going to start anything until March.  I'll use the cold frames again (basically repurposed mono tubs from shrooming).  I will grow only plants for myself.  I.e. I will only start the types of plants I want.  I will not do beats next year.  Nor will I try petunias again.  I probably won't do marigolds or poppies either but I may.  I will do sun gold tomatoes.  I will do Red tumbling Tom Tomatoes.  I will do Jelly Bean Grape tomatoes.  I won't do super sweet 100s.  I plan to do three basil varieties.  I will do mammoth basil, globe basil, and red basil.  I will also start dill again.  I will do pansies again.  Those turned out beautiful.  I haven't decided on the brocoli.  It gets so tall.  If and only if I have left overs after I plant people may have the remaining plants.

So hopefully next year will be less work and less space and less cost but still meet my needs. 

Anyhow here is my patio.  I'm very happy with this result.  I'm about to go have coffee and sit on my patio enjoying my plants.

--------------------

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: COMPLETE [Re: chucklehead]
    #425384 - 05/28/10 10:45 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Fun stuff.  man I miss having a garden.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale