Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Harry's 2010 Grow Log, 1200W, Flo, Sweet Tooth, Maneater and Snowcap * 1
    #361836 - 02/10/10 06:09 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well guys I've got some incredible strains this round as well as doubling up on my light from last grow. It's looking to be quite the 2010 :borat:
I went and picked up some clones from a local medical grower yesterday and transplanted them into some hempy-solo-cups so they could root out a little more before going into their final homes, 5-gallon hempy buckets.

So without further ado, some pictures!

the bubblegum clone that lived from my last round;
not the best strain, but it's already in a 5-gallon bucket with monster roots (I've been trimming it to keep it at that size) so I'll probably keep it in the room and flower it. No remaining clones after this one so I'm just gonna grow it huge and give it to my roommates :lol:

The strain I'm most excited for out of the three I just got(and can't believe I found a clone locally) is SWEET TOOTH

I got two and they're both kinda sad looking but I can nurse them back to health I think. the guy guaranteed if they died he'd replace them so I guess whatever :shrug:

Snowcap- a nearly full sativa (~90%) that matures in 7 weeks.

and Flo

Flo is supposed to be an absurdly potent and delicious strain with pheno's like nobody's ever seen before so I'm totally psyched to see how that one turns out.

Magash is giving me some clones of Gina on friday which I'm obviously the most excited to grow out of all. Magash genetics are obviously insane quality and he said it's his biggest yielder so I'm excited to see how that pans out. I'll be sure to update with pictures when those arrive :smile:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE WEEK 2

Well as many of you know I've been searching everywhere for a cheap MH bulb to veg this round. I've always just vegged with HPS so I was curious to see how much of a difference it makes.
As luck would have it my SunPulse lamp had a manufacturer defect AND a two year warranty! So I just went to my local hydro store today and showed them my bulb, they cracked up and immediately handed me another one... but then I flashed my Harry smile and winked my Harry winks at the girl behind the counter and asked her if I could trade out the 3000K bulb for a 6500K bulb if I promised to come back next week and buy an HPS bulb from her. sure enough, I'm now the proud owner of a 6.5K SunPulse Metal Halide bulb! Yaay for me! the lights just came on and I plugged her in and then realized this journal is now exactly a week old so I took some pics and decided to update for ya'll :smile:

Without further ado, the girlies;

seedlings

SnowCap

Flo

Sweet Tooth

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update, February 19th

Some new arrivals in the Ballsach household! The strain is "Maneater" and I'm pretty much expecting it to blow my mind :discorex:

And some random shots of the whole garden :smile:

Update, February 25th

Well it hasn't been a full week, but I transplanted tonight and took some pictures so I figure I ought to show them off a tad :wink:

First off I'd like to say that Roots Excelurator by House and Garden is incredible!. I have absolutely never in my life seen roots like what I dealt with tonight. After a mere 2 weeks of having these clones their roots were already so big that when I pulled them out of the solo cups the entire chunk of perlite came with them. The roots had extended so much and grown so full that not a single piece of perlite fell off, and the entire root ball was rock hard. this is the first time I think I can honestly say that there are more roots than actual plant. I can't freaking wait to see how huge my yield is with a root system like that.

So first some pics from before the transplant, just to help everyone get an idea of the growth that happened since last update 6 days ago. I figured it would be easier to compare with them still in the solo cups rather than the 3 and 5 gallon buckets I transplanted to.

The two Snowcaps (and yes, I transplanted one of these before realizing I should take pictures first. Notice how huge it looks in the 1 gallon bucket I put it in though... some serious growth since last week)

Flo-

Sweet Tooth. The little girl next to it is also Sweet Tooth, but when I received the clone it was in such poor health that I wasn't even sure it was going to survive so I didn't show any pictures of it. Now I really wish I had because I'm rather proud of how well I did turning it around!

Seedlings

The whole garden after the transplants. Magash's clones are still in solo cups. I've only had them for a couple days so they don't really have any actual roots yet to speak of. I'm going to give them about a week or two in these cups so they develop an official root ball and then they'll go into 5 gallon buckets for a couple weeks too. Then, it's time for 12/12

:borat:

This picture shows off my hilarious Ghetto-Rigging skills for keeping my plants close to the light :tongue:

And finally (whew, what a huge update!) some goofy top shots of my seedlings. They've just got some gorgeous leaves on them and I love the symmetry... I hope you all think these pictures look as cool as I do :grin:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update, Sunday February 7th

Sorry for the delay everybody, went out of town to see my grandma on her 90th birthday and I just got home :sun:

Anyhow, on friday right before I went to catch my flight I took some clones. The girlies were getting sorta big so I decided to take some cuts so I can keep these genetics for another couple rounds. the Sweet Tooth in particular is seriously blowing my mind. Huge freakin' fan leaves and insanely vigorous growth. can't wait to see how it flowers!

so here's some pics from friday

The tooth;

Whole garden

Clockwise from top left - Snowcap, snowcap, sweet tooth (#2), maneater (down in the lower left corner)

Clones

And I just got home and HOLY SHIT, my plants are fucking HUGE! I guess the topping really got them excited, or they finally just grew into their new homes, but holy fucking cow, the sweet tooth doubled in size in just 2 days! I had to check my timer to make sure none of my roommates threw them into flowering on me as a joke!

Here's that seedling that was previously so sick in my aeroponic setup. as you can see she's recovered nicely :lol:

flo;

THE TOOTH!
(compare these to the pic from friday! fucking incredible!)

[/url]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update, March 10th

Well it hasn't been a week, but I just spent 2 hours cutting an intake vent into the wall so I figured I outta take some pictures while I'm in there :tongue:

Check out how freaking fast this sweet tooth grows. I might seriously never grow another strain again if this motherfucker flowers like it veg's. :eek:

My veggie seedlings. I've got Corn, Sugar Snap Peas, Butternut Squash, Zuccini and Broccoli going right now. Gonna buy some live plants from Home Depot soon but I wanted to do some veggies from seed this year so here they are :grin:

Here's a shot of the whole room. Looks like I'll need to start flowering soon huh?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update- March 21st

Alright friends! Sorry it's been so long since my last update, Vegging is kinda boring so I didn't want to update too frequently but they've shown some good growth so I think it's time for some pics! I didn't take any individual shots because the room is pretty crowded and it's a hassle to drag them all out of there, but rest assured the day of the 12/12 flip I plan on taking some solo shots of these ladies for all you boys to drool over before they start reproducing :wink:
I've got both 600W lights running now with GE lucalox photosynthetic HPS bulbs so this room is now at max capacity and flowering should come soon.

Here's a shot of the entire room so you can compare growth to my last update. Notice how I just tied a couple of them down about 15 minutes ago and they're still facing sideways, so don't look at vertical change as much as total mass/volume increase

Here's a top shot of my Sweet Tooth so you can see how I fanned it out to take up more horizontal space without getting too tall. I tried to take some shots of the actual ties but this girl is WAY too leafy for me to be able to get a clear picture :sorry:

And my cloney clone clones. The girls who will compose round #2 of 2010 for me, after this finishes of course :smile:

Notice that some of my bigger plants are a little droopy. Any ideas what exactly is happening there? I'm guessing over feeding but with 1200W of light and only getting nutes at 6ml/gallon I can't imagine that's the case. I've never had pH issues with GH nutrients and tap water so I'd be stunned if that was the problem... oh well, it's not very severe so maybe I'll just wait and see if it fixes itself a little first.

Any opinions on when I should start flowering? I'm thinking about a week from now, let them fill in a tad more and then I think they're going to be more than ready for the switch. any objections/amendments?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update, March 27th

Well, check out this packed ass room

Day 2!

I think I'm going to make the 12/12 flip tomorrow afternoon. I was dealing with some leaf droop/twisting but I think thanks to Inverted and I brainstorming I've got it pegged to light stress and slight mg deficiency. I raised the lights 8" yesterday and gave them a nice hearty feeding with epsom salts and they're looking MUCH better today after the lights came on. With that problem addressed I think I can safely say that room is so packed that I would be dumb NOT to flower in the next 2-3 days! :boobs:

Update, April 4th. End of Week 1 Flowering

Check out how these girlies have stretched!  I'm definitely glad I flowered when I did because that room that was only mostly packed, is officially loaded. There isn't a single photon hitting the floor of that grow room, I love it!  Tomorrow I plan on pulling the plants out and trimming out some of the understory so that the girls can focus their energy on creating budsites and filling them out in high-light areas.

And check out the even canopy. Not too bad considering I have 5 different strains in there... some LST and topping can go a long way in this hobby!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update, April 11th, end of week 2 flowering

Alright, well in light of recent events I decided to take a bunch of pics and make this a pretty significant update :fonz:

So I took this picture because LST stems give me a hard on. I basically scrog my plants but without the screen :grin: Also, can you believe how freakin' fat the stems have gotten on these babies? the plant in this picture is the sweet tooth.

Here are the two maneater plants, crazy ass busy and looking fantastic so far

And the rest in no particular order;

If there's anything there that catches your eye and you want me to tell you which strain it is then let me know and I can figure it out :smile:

Update, end of week 3 flowering. 4/19/10

Alright, I thought about taking these pictures tomorrow in celebration of 4/20 but I decided to do the update on the first day of week 4 just like every other flowering update for the posterity of the grow log. I'll probably take some bonus pictures tomorrow just for the holiday, but this is the official update :wink:

All these next pictures are Snowcap. I was experimenting with my camera to see if I could get good pictures under the HPS, and then when I realized I couldn't I decided to try and take some pictures next to my mothers cab to see if the CFL's would give me better lighting. Unfortunately these plants are actually taller than my entire mothers cabinet so the lighting still looks a bit weird :lol:

I don't know how many pictures I'm going to be taking like that. It was a bit of a pain hauling that huge ass plant out of my grow room just for some pictures, but I suspect as the buds start to develop more I'll definitely be wanting to take some pics :smile:

Update, End of Week 4. April 25th

YUMMMMM

Getting nuggy in there!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update, end of week 5. May 2nd 2010

This one is my favorite :heart:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update, End of week 6 (day 43 of 12/12)

Alright fellas, HUGE update this week and I've been VERY busy :grin:

First off, aerocloners are fucking awesome. 95% success my first try.

As for the girls, I finally went through and took some pics of all their glorious splender for each individual strain :smile:

Magash's Maneater;

Snowcap;

Flo (by far the most trich coverage in the room...);

Sweet Tooth (by far the heaviest yielder)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update, Harvest time!!!

Alright friends, slowly but surely it's not time to start chopping. I'm going to be staggering my harvest so that I don't have to spend like 5 full days trimming. Maneater was the first to come down :grin:

[url=https://files.growery.org/files/g10-20/459304502-P5220673.jpg][/url

FLO;

Snowcap;

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Harry's 2010 Grow Log, 1200W, Flo, Sweet Tooth, Gina and Snowcap [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #361841 - 02/10/10 06:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:popcorn:

InvisibleNightGrower
Proficient Horticulturist
Male

Re: Harry's 2010 Grow Log, 1200W, Flo, Sweet Tooth, Gina and Snowcap [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #361847 - 02/10/10 06:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Best of luck, any pictures of the setup?

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Harry's 2010 Grow Log, 1200W, Flo, Sweet Tooth, Gina and Snowcap [Re: NightGrower]
    #361896 - 02/10/10 07:02 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yes sir! same setup as for my last grow.

2x 600W lights with Lumatek digital ballasts and Xtrasun air-cooled 6" hoods. Custom made (read; ghetto-rigged) reflector heat shields.

--------------------

Offlinedsotm
Male

#361959 - 02/10/10 08:33 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

This is gonna be a sweet grow!!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Harry's 2010 Grow Log, 1200W, Flo, Sweet Tooth, Gina and Snowcap [Re: dsotm]
    #361967 - 02/10/10 08:43 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

fuck yah, I'm interested in the flo as well.  All of mine ended up male :frown:

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinethe man

Re: Harry's 2010 Grow Log, 1200W, Flo, Sweet Tooth, Gina and Snowcap [Re: coda]
    #362023 - 02/10/10 10:09 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

ya im interested to see those flo grow...  dj short one of the only good canadian breeders.that i know of at least love to have all his gear dam....

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Harry's 2010 Grow Log, 1200W, Flo, Sweet Tooth, Gina and Snowcap [Re: the man]
    #362035 - 02/10/10 10:43 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

good luck!  We'll be watching.....

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Harry's 2010 Grow Log, 1200W, Flo, Sweet Tooth, Gina and Snowcap [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #362207 - 02/11/10 10:12 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Just as a cock tease, check out the root shot I just updated for my bubblegum plant. it's probably got twice as many roots as leaves because I've been trimming it back for the last 2 months. that main root is almost the diameter of my middle finger! :eek:

--------------------

Offlinethe man

#362211 - 02/11/10 10:30 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

spray with colloidal silver!! quick!! hook up the femmies!! haha cant wait for the results.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Harry's 2010 Grow Log, 1200W, Flo, Sweet Tooth, Gina and Snowcap [Re: the man]
    #362213 - 02/11/10 10:39 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

the femmies? :lol: they're all clones you silly head, I wouldn't buy clones of male plants :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #362279 - 02/11/10 12:55 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
the femmies? :lol: they're all clones you silly head, I wouldn't buy clones of male plants :wink:

not yet anyway.  :grin:

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineTomCollins

#362334 - 02/11/10 01:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offlinethe man

Re: Harry's 2010 Grow Log, 1200W, Flo, Sweet Tooth, Gina and Snowcap [Re: TomCollins]
    #362970 - 02/12/10 02:09 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

sorry you misinterpreted me. i meant spray colloidal get some femenized pollen to make pure femmenized Flo and hook it up :wink:

peace

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #363210 - 02/12/10 02:59 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'm interested in watching the Flo and Sweet Tooth grow out, those 2 are definitely on my list.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Harry's 2010 Grow Log, 1200W, Flo, Sweet Tooth, Gina and Snowcap [Re: DungenessDank]
    #363211 - 02/12/10 03:01 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I"m very interested by the response to the flo! I had honestly never heard of it when he told me but then he gave me a description and it sounded incredible so I decided to gamble. seems that most of you know about it and want it though? must have been a good choice I suppose... can't wait to see how this one grows out

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #363213 - 02/12/10 03:03 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

If its DJ Shorts Flo it should be some very special shit my man :thumbup:

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Harry's 2010 Grow Log, 1200W, Flo, Sweet Tooth, Gina and Snowcap [Re: DungenessDank]
    #363216 - 02/12/10 03:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
If its DJ Shorts Flo it should be some very special shit my man :thumbup:

What he said! I'll be tuned in as usual.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Harry's 2010 Grow Log, 1200W, Flo, Sweet Tooth, Gina and Snowcap [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #363220 - 02/12/10 03:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yep, that's what the guy told me so I guess we'll see. he seemed very legit and passionate so I'm optimistic about my chances :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #363304 - 02/12/10 05:49 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

nice man, i went looking through some flo pictures the other day at icmag, prompted by the bud that psychonaut posted in the pics forum calling it purple kush.  that flo shit gets really really purple.  like more purple than green.  purple stems and shit.  :lol:    sooo ya, it'll be interesting to watch it mature.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next >

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale