Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenick-onelove
Astronaut of Inner-Brainspace
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mendocino County, CA
My Plan for Growing; Comments Appreciated
    #360855 - 02/09/10 04:55 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, I've never gown indoors before so here's my plan, I'm going to kind of ease into it. I was going to start off with a Homebox XS (http://www.homebox.net/dhtml/product_family_homebox_s.php) with some fluorescent lights to get some clones going and vegetating. (Please remove link if it isn't allowed, mods, sorry.)

Then I can either get another Homebox XS with a 400w HPS or if it's time, move them outside to flower. Thoughts? Advice? Opinions?

Also, is buying a Homebox and then buying my own lights and exhaust system the cheaper way to go as opposed to just buying a growbox that has everything pre-installed?

Thanks a lot, everyone!

-Peace and Love

--------------------
"When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale and never tried it again."
                                                        - Bill Clinton

"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
                                                        - Barack Obama

That's Change I Can Believe In!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My Plan for Growing; Comments Appreciated [Re: nick-onelove]
    #360857 - 02/09/10 05:05 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

A homebox is a wonderful way to grow and I've used similar many times myself. much cheaper than the pre-made setups I see a bunch of people using the homebox, but I used a DarkRoom by secretJardin. I loved the shit out of it and all the reviews I've seen online love it too. I'm sure you'll be good with that but I just wanted to tell you my favorite tent since you're still shopping

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #360858 - 02/09/10 05:07 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I like your sig.

BTW it sounds like you at least have a broad idea of how this is going to go down.  I'd recommend getting the XS, for what you have planned, but get the next size up, a 400, and you got yourself a nice perpetual garden.

I am an avid "under the sun" type of grower, and I love watching plants grow inside.  It's really fun and more involved than outdoors, and you get a better feel for what the plants prefer, need, and also what they don't like.

If you feel like it, take some clones, veg them for a month or two, then put them outside when conditions are favorable.  Check the hours of daylight in your area, wait until more than 12 hours of daylight, maybe even 13, to ensure your plants don't begin to flower and then reveg when you put them out.  BTW YES it's almost always cheaper and more beneficial to buy the components of a garden, because you can buy everything specifically tailored to your needs, and nothing more.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offlinenick-onelove
Male User Gallery

Re: My Plan for Growing; Comments Appreciated [Re: Inverted]
    #361148 - 02/09/10 08:42 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you for the extremely informative replies. I'll check out that other brand of grow tent, Harry, but Jorge Cervantes recommends the Homebox so I'll probably go with that.

Inverted, that's basically my plan. I'll veg the clones, then either move them outside or buy a new tent with a 400 HPS and just flower them there. And great video of my sig, It busted my ass up.

--------------------
"When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale and never tried it again."
                                                        - Bill Clinton

- Barack Obama

Offlinenick-onelove
Male User Gallery

#361486 - 02/10/10 04:10 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The only thing about the growboxes is they come with a pre-installed hydro system. Now this is my first indo grow and the grow tents are soil-only unless you buy a separate hydro system, which I wouldn't. I have the money to splurge for the growbox, but I figure the grow tent would be a better first investment as it's cheaper, and I understand soil/soil-less mix is more forgiving for indo beginners. Thoughts, advice, comments?

Thanks a lot!

-Peace & Love

--------------------
                                                        - Bill Clinton

- Barack Obama

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #361493 - 02/10/10 06:01 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hydro isn't really that much harder than soil/less.  Sure it takes a bit more attention to detail.  But it is by far not an out of reach goal for beginners as long as you take the time to do you research and pay attention. 

If it were me I would just build a grow tent myself and then choose whatever system I wanted.  Grow boxes are a waste of money IMO.  Don't get me wrong, that thing looks like it's designed and constructed well.  But you could build the same thing for half the cost and invest the rest of the money into genetics or more light.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: My Plan for Growing; Comments Appreciated [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #361554 - 02/10/10 10:33 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well put.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: My Plan for Growing; Comments Appreciated [Re: Inverted]
    #361591 - 02/10/10 12:35 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

K.I.S.S (Keep it simple stoner)

Offlinenick-onelove
Male User Gallery

Re: My Plan for Growing; Comments Appreciated [Re: DungenessDank]
    #361622 - 02/10/10 01:51 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Lol good advice everyone, thank you. I'm so lazy I was going to get a $3400 growbox that had everything included. So getting a $150 grow tent or two that's all ready to accept the light/vent system I buy etc. is a deal in my fucked-up world economy.

I got to keep in mind that no matter how a box/tent costs, it will pay for itself after one harvest lol.

--------------------
                                                        - Bill Clinton

- Barack Obama

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder