Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Inverted]
    #347811 - 01/14/10 05:06 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

ok. from reading about it, i knew where to cut it, i just wasn't exactly sure what it did. thanks guys. well that pretty much doubles, maybe triples your harvest i would think.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #347853 - 01/14/10 06:20 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Looking good. Always looking over your shoulder. :tongue::wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #347860 - 01/14/10 06:32 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Looking great as expected Inverted!  i cant wait to see the flowers!

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
ok. from reading about it, i knew where to cut it, i just wasn't exactly sure what it did. thanks guys. well that pretty much doubles, maybe triples your harvest i would think.

hopefully your reading includes this thread.  If not, spend half of your evening reading it and going trhough those other links.  Reading through grow journals is an excellent way to learn as well!  You're right on track my man. 

A picture is worth 1,000 words. 

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Magash]
    #347935 - 01/14/10 08:37 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Looking good. Always looking over your shoulder. :tongue:;)

:blush:  A compliment from you always makes me smile!  Thank you for providing the opportunity.

I'm not going to get lazy on these ones.  I am too excited for that to happen!

And yes, Furrowed posted a GREAT stickied thread on the subject of training (thanks for the compliment!).

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #347958 - 01/14/10 09:29 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Looking great as expected Inverted!  i cant wait to see the flowers!

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:

hopefully your reading includes this thread.  If not, spend half of your evening reading it and going trhough those other links.  Reading through grow journals is an excellent way to learn as well!  You're right on track my man. 

A picture is worth 1,000 words. 

yeah i read that thread a few days ago actually. great post FB. i'll have to watch closely on this grow log and maybe ask a question here and there when it gets to the training part. but i did learn a lot from your post FB.

--------------------

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #347978 - 01/14/10 09:58 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Topping basically ceases vertical growth, while encouraging multiple tops and a more even canopy.  It does not change or effect sexing.

I disagree with that last statement. Topping generally delays the appearance or visibility of preflowers on unsexed plants.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Ojom]
    #348030 - 01/14/10 11:35 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It depends on how many nodes you have grown it when you top it, and at which node you top it.

I see sex on my 6th node generally, and top around the 7th or 8th and because of the location of my preflowers, I don't notice a delay. :shrug:

I can see how it would though.

--------------------

Offlinephantom
Heavy Hitter
Male

#348061 - 01/15/10 02:05 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

They're looking perfect man!  Keep it up!

--------------------
"You got weed on your brain!"

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: phantom]
    #349951 - 01/18/10 11:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well according to the clock its Day 25, not time yet for an update, but I figured I'd show you guys my LST tek...

Okay well here is an example of what the plants looked like pre-training.

This is the best time because it is about as large as they will get before the stem starts to harden and becomes difficult to modify.

First I take a 3/16" drill bit and make a hole near the top edge of the container, but I also look at how the branches are forming and make sure it is in the direction that is best for the plant to bend towards, making sure no major branches will be on the bottom side.

Tie off one side of the string to the hole at this time.

I apply light pressure and "feel" where the plant starts to stress, and I stop at that point and loop the string around/over the main stem, making sure to be about 3/4 of the way up, and not blocking any future growth points with the string.  I usually rest it just below the "Y" of the fan leaves, keeping the string from going any further up the plant.

I then release the pressure once the string is in place and take one last look to make sure everything is in the right place, and prepare to tie it off to the pot again.

Pull on the loose end of the string in the direction of the anchor hole and the plant will smoothly bend down into place.  Keep note of where you felt it should be placed and tie it off at that level.  For me it's usually almost all the way on it's side, and I have found that if you don't tie it down far enough the first time, it won't do much unless you re adjust it lower.  You really want as much light penetration as possible to those interior secondary branches.

That is what my plants look like after training, it takes about 5 minutes per plant and as the plant grows I may need to add a 2nd string, but for now this will promote a LOT of thick strong branches, instead of 1 main stem and cola.

It's not very pretty, but when I take my weekly update pictures this Friday you won't recognize them anymore.  Or so I hope :evil2:

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#349960 - 01/18/10 11:55 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

ok so you don't leave the plant tied?  you take the string off after 5 mins?

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #349966 - 01/19/10 12:01 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

No you leave it tied down otherwise it will go right back up straight.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Triptonic]
    #349968 - 01/19/10 12:09 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yep he's right (Trip).  I just let it stand back up after looping the string around to make sure I'm not going to break any leaves or branches when I pull it down permanently.  It's really really simple, you just have to maybe get your hands dirty to really get the feel for what's going on, but basically bend the plant down til you feel it's pressure point, note that, loop string, release finger pressure, pull string down tight, tie off, viola.

I'd recommend it to ANYONE who can't grow huge trees indoors.  It's as effective as topping without the week of delayed growth IMO.  :thumbup:

The scrog is next...   

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#349981 - 01/19/10 12:30 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

ok i gotcha. ill keep watchin

--------------------

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
    #350643 - 01/20/10 06:11 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I really wanna see that scrog in action man... I think if you get 4 plants under there, you're in business... Almost all of the most impressive grows I've seen with a 2x2 footprint and 150-250w systems have been scrogged...

Also, I think you're setup's doing even better than most with the amount of quality flouro you're able to add to the mix...

Awesome job man.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: DudeTron]
    #356345 - 02/01/10 09:50 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Day 38

Sorry for the delay on the updates, I have been busy lately and feeling under the weather.  The good news is that this grow is progressing EXACTLY how I planned, which is how it should be. :tongue:

I'm absolutely loving these plants.  When I was in the garden, I could smell these vegging plants over the plants that were cut down later that night, if that isn't saying something.  I also tried to show you how I transplant, as I feel it has a MAJOR impact on soil grows.

It's probably hard to tell the difference from a normal transplant by the pictures but the difference I made in the last couple years that has made a big difference was to roll the rootball in my hands until the bottom starts falling apart, exposing all of those large sexy roots on the bottom.  Once they loosen up, I lightly tug on them, so they separate a bit and then I lower her into place.  The key here is when you set her down, you use your dexterity here to pull those loosened roots out on top of the new soil, effectively allowing them to branch out much faster after they take to the new soil.  If you damage them too much, they may delay for a day or two, but in the end they will take off like no other.  I learned this tek from ICmag a while back and will never change my methods again because I have seen the proof.

Today is the first day of 12/12!  I'm putting the screen over them today and starting the final training stage.  I'm really excited to see how this works out.  With the even canopy my yields are going to probably double.  I really missed out last grow but that's okay, I wasn't being too serious about that run.  Plus I gotta show Magash some good results!

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#356801 - 02/02/10 12:33 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I took a shot of them this morning.  The new cab is amazing.  I can feel the airflow as well as hear it and it was 72 degrees at canopy level.  I'm very satisfied with the design.

I tied down the plants again and am giving them a day or two before I apply the screen, I just didn't feel they were ready for it in the position they were in.  They needed to be more horizontal before I attempted again, and I needed some of the initial stretch of flowering to get the lower tops to the same height.  It shouldn't take long.

I have too much vertical space, I need a 250 :wink:

--------------------

Invisibletsollost
Master of Mopery

#356926 - 02/02/10 06:30 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

lookin good dude
don't know how I haven't visited this thread in weeks
keep up the good work

--------------------
GUNGA GALUNGA

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: tsollost]
    #356930 - 02/02/10 06:45 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

you guys are awesome!  :awethumb:  those are some fat green leaves inverted.

johnny drama is awesome too! 

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: tsollost]
    #356950 - 02/02/10 07:27 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tsollost said:
lookin good dude
don't know how I haven't visited this thread in weeks
keep up the good work

And Furrowed- I know right?  They are going to be some supa dank couchlockers :hehehe:

Keep visiting and comments are ALWAYS APPRECIATED.  I tend to get bored and love conversations and questions about my setup etc...

What I'm loving about this new home for them is the simplicity and effectiveness of the cab.  I'm only using about 1/3 of the vertical height but everything is just plain clean.  I mean the paint job and design are just simple in concept, yet it's bright as shit w/o mylar and sealed watertight nonetheless, and the strong PC fan being used in a passive intake system is working beyond my expectations.  I thought it would be underpowered for my space (~130CFM/16 Ft3) but it is STEADY at 72 degrees which is room temp!  I'm sorry for ranting but I have never been this proud of a DIY project like this before, even though I've made much more complicated and labor intensive things.  I love growing Cannabis more than most things in my life, what can I say? :grin: :wink:

I have a roll of 20" wide aluminum sheeting and it would work great to build reflectors for CFL's (Coming soon... Ugh it's more work) and I will lay a piece down on the floor to reflect any additional light possible.  It can't hurt :shrug:  I can make 4 sided reflectors to be installed onto any CFL's I use for supplemental lighting, which I feel is a must for optimizing my space.  This 150 doesn't spread out the light very well, especially when you keep it 5" from the canopy like me.

This guide is the reason I have chosen to grow the plants the way that I have.  4" is the closest you should be to a 150 and I can attest to that.  Any closer is harmful.  Then from the canopy, you really only get "intense usable" light for the next 9 INCHES! 

This means 2 things.

1.  Plant size/height are going to be limited.  You don't want them any taller than 14 inches IMO.  Anything taller and the lowest buds just won't produce like you want them to.  I'll also mention that you want a low-stretching strain for a 150.

2.  LST or HST (Some sort of training) needs to be utilized for maximum yield.  My first run was a prime example of this.  I didn't tie them down like I normally would and suffered the consequences.  Instead of multiple nice tops, each plant only grew 1 cola, and the lower branches were so short and low on the plant, that they were out of the "intense" light range so they developed slower and w/ less mass.

What I have done this grow is: A.  Veg for longer, providing a better growth structure for bud development, and flowering when sexually mature ensuring a quicker transition to bloom.  B.  Utilize LST and keep these larger vegged plants shorter than my previous harvest, even though the plants are 3-4x the overall size than my last run when flipped to 12/12.  I think the yields will be much higher just from the double veg time, but add the LST and I'm going to have a nice pile of chunky buds from this crew of sexy ladies!  :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinephantom
Heavy Hitter
Male

#357047 - 02/02/10 10:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

So SWEET!!!!

--------------------
"You got weed on your brain!"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder