Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Clones getting yellow
    #352945 - 01/25/10 11:04 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The best info my research has turned up is that clones should be given their first food 2 weeks to a month after cutting depending on there needs, size and soil. These 6 were taken almost 2 weeks ago and the three smallest ones are getting quite into the yellow shades now the larger and thicker cuttings are still just starting to fade.

So go ahead and give them a light dose next watering? Just the ones already showing deficiencies? This is the first go with cannabis clones and if we can get 6 of 6 to stay alive we will be excited. The big worry if they are strong enough to take it.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
Re: Clones getting yellow [Re: pha3r0]
    #352955 - 01/25/10 12:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Wait for someone else to chime in before you do anything, but to me that yellowing just looks like good, strong new growth.  Usually Nitrogen deficiencies show up on the lowest growth from the tips inward... That first pic does however seem to make the case for N def.  Again I'm a noob that's just my two cents..

~DT

InvisibleNightGrower
Proficient Horticulturist
Male

#352970 - 01/25/10 01:11 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

What soil are you using?
If the soil is rich, like FF ocean forrest, then you shouldn't feed until after about 3-4 weeks.

The first two pics look like nitrogen deficiency, typical of new clones, I personally wait until the leaves yellow a bit before feeding, others wait until the clones show new growth; the basis being to prevent over-fert problems common with new cuttings/clones.

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Clones getting yellow [Re: NightGrower]
    #353029 - 01/25/10 05:09 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Everyone has their own different ways of things, but it's best to hold off if the soil you are using is really rich.  But at two weeks you're definitely in the clear for a light feeding if you want to give them one.

Your clones look pretty healthy though, all new growth will be a little yellow in the beginning, so if that's what's worrying you there really isn't an issue there.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Clones getting yellow [Re: coda]
    #353334 - 01/25/10 10:33 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Cool just got back from his house the tips are looking even more yellow and the larger ones are all showing the same signs.

The soil is the same MG mix momma is in it's not strong at all and until 2 days ago they were only in jiffys. We did a weight comparison to dry cups and figure they still could go a day or two before being in any drought. I will tell him tomorrow what y'all think.

I am pretty stoked everything went so smoothly with these since I haven't cloned anything in a decade and then it was tomatoes. We just followed the instructions I got here and had roots in just over a week. So a big thanks to all once again I am off to finish this beer and watch caddyshack, just found out my wife has never seen it!

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #353404 - 01/26/10 01:50 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Your plants at this point are focusing energy on root development.  Because of this your are not going to see strong healthy green growth.  Give your plants time to put out a root system and then it will start it's focus on developing new leaves and growth tips. 

Now's the time to start LST if you have been thinking of doing that at all.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Clones getting yellow [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #353407 - 01/26/10 01:54 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Your plants at this point are focusing energy on root development.  Because of this your are not going to see strong healthy green growth.  Give your plants time to put out a root system and then it will start it's focus on developing new leaves and growth tips. 

Now's the time to start LST if you have been thinking of doing that at all.

:thumbup: They look healthy to me.

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Clones getting yellow [Re: Triptonic]
    #353479 - 01/26/10 11:01 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Groovey, thanks for the responses guys. Knowing the soil is lacking any real nutrients I will advise him to do like a quarter strength in this next watering. I was expecting just what hawks said and that's pretty much what mom did when she got into her big pot.

seemed to stop all together for a week or two then took off like a shot.

He hasn't decided if these will get LST'ed because the cab will handle two LST'ed or maybe 4 if they aren't. The original plan was to take 6 cuttings LST 2 for the next cycle and have two moms, we counted on at least two dieing, now he has enough that he could let 4 go straight and still have 2 moms.

This problem seems resolved for now but anyone with an opinion on wether to LST 2 or keep 4 feel free to comment in the grow log here and we will let the doctor have his office back.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals