Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
GreenThumb's Garden. What does your Garbage grow??? 84 Days Flowering. UPDATE 3-8-10
    #344876 - 01/10/10 07:32 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

After much discouragement from people on this site, I came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to share my second indoor grow until I had some solid results. Well I got them.
I started this grow by building some Overdriven 4ft. shop lights for my veg closet. After posting a TEK on Overdriving, I was told by a few people on this site that floros are garbage while another member wanted "proof" and yadda yadda. So here's your proof.
The seed used for this grow were from my first grow which produced 2 hermies out of 3 plants. That's right. THESE SEEDS ARE FROM A SELF-POLLINATED HERMAPHRODITE! I was told that these seeds were also GARBAGE, by a moderator no less. Not only are they NOT garbage, THEY'RE FEMINIZED.
I waited until I was well into flower to post because I didn't want them all herming on me and have everyone laugh at me because I didn't listen. I've come to the conclusion that the first ones hermed because of light leaks during the dark cycle. That problem has been fixed since then. So far so good.

I started by planting 14 seeds (from the hermie). I only figured on keeping about 7 (I thought half or more would be male). They were vegged 24/0 under Overdriven 4ft. shop lights for 6 weeks (almost twice as long as the first grow thanks to overdriving) until they were about 16 inches tall. Seven were topped about mid-week 3. My thoughts on topping now, NECESSARY. At about week 5 they all got preflowers and I found out that they were ALL female.
I transplanted 7 of them to 8in. pots and put them under 12/12. Yes, I'm still using my crappy 400W HPS high-bay fixture. A few days later I added white cardboard panels around my light. Not knowing what to do with the rest of the plants I took 4 and put them under the HPS still in their small pots. Two of them were transplanted into 600 size nursey pots (about 2 gallons) and I've been training the shit out of them ever since (see last pic, that's 1 of them just retied). The last one was tortured to death. Well kinda, she's still kicking after a month without water, amazing really. They are all being fed Miracle-Gro All Purpose every other watering. I ordered the Fox-Farms Liquid Trio for the next grow but figured since I started with MG I'd finish with it too. Just for all the people that tend to think that MG is worthless.
My conclusions??? Don't listen to people who try to discourage you. If I had, I'd still be sitting here at the computer looking at weed and wondering if it's safe to order seeds online. Instead I have about 100 feminized seeds that produce some BOMB and I didn't have to pay a cent for. Others would have labeled them as GARBAGE.
So I'm definitely looking forward to a great harvest. I will definitely double (possibly triple) my first harvest. Hopefully with the $$$ I save on buying herb I can upgrade to 1000W digital in the future.
Hope I was able to inspire a fellow noob with this. Happy growing. :gethigh:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-1/19/2010
Here's the update I promised. These girls are now on the 35th day of flowering and they're progressing beautifully. The first pics were taken 15 days ago. No problems to speak of, other than the smell is kinda getting out of hand. I need to add some stakes in the pots in the near future to tie up the buds because they're getting MASSIVE quickly and starting to tip over. Other than that though it's been smooth sailing.

The third pic is of the 2 plants I've been LST'ing. They have been vegging since the middle of October and won't see flowering until I get some room under the light (probably another month). The last pic is of the 10 plants I just started last weekend. They all popped the surface on Sunday. As you can see I got the Fox Farms Liquid Trio. So far they've only been fed the Big Bloom and a sparing amount of SuperThrive. They seem to be quite happy under the Overdriven shop lights. Stay Tuned.:bigblunt:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

-2/2/2010 (49 Days Flowering)
These pics are 4 of my 10 new seedlings. They are now only 2 weeks old and looking quite healthy. I started feeding them 3 days before the 2 week mark because they were starting to yellow. They really use much more energy under these lights it seems. You can see how nicely the roots are developing. The thing I like about peat pots is it makes the plant believe it's in a bigger container. As long as the pots stay in the dark (like they do in that tray) the roots form everywhere. Plus they get much more oxygen this way. I think the results speak for themselves. The second and third pic is how close they sit to the lights normally.

Here are my flowering ladies as a whole. They're coming along quite nicely (with the exception of 1). I had to get some dowels to tie them up because the nugs are waaay top heavy now. 4 out of 7 are tied up. They are actually novelty flag poles. Wal-Mart had no wooden dowels so I had to improvise.

HERE IS THE EXCEPTION!!!
I figured this was the result of overfeeding so I stopped feeding for a week. Well the problem progressed. If you look in the previous picture this is the plant right in the front. You can see where I cut the bud off. The second pic is the bud I cut off and the third is where I cut it from.
It started when the little tiny branches on the bottom of the plant started to dry up. So did the tips of the fan leaves. So I stopped feeding all of them for about a week and it got WORSE for this one plant. All the rest are grown the exact same way as this one. Same Pro-Mix HP, water out of the same bottle, everything. I dont get it.
You can see at the bottom of the bud where it has started to dry up. This is why I cut it. Where I cut it from, all the buds around it are healthy along with the colas.
On the lower branches it is selective of popcorn nugs. Where there are like 3 popcorn nugs on a branch the center one will dry up. I DON'T get it!!! :shrug:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-2/11/10 (59 Days Flowering)
Since no one seems to take an interest in this grow, I'll just update anyway!

I harvested 2 plants early because they hermied. This is why the buds were drying out. So the plant with the sickly looking leaves and his neighbor got the chop. Trichs were partly clear/mostly cloudy. I'll post harvest pics on the next update.
This is good because I need room for my LST'd plants (2nd pic).

This is the same tray of 4 from before (top and side view). They were topped the day after my last update. I have been feeding them HEAVILY. They need a transplant. Hopefully my 2 gal bags come today.
The last pic is the veg closet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-2/20/10 (68 Days Flowering)
One more plant got the chop because the trichs looked ready. Do they look ready to you? They look HEADY to me.

The rest are mostly done with the exception of the tops. It seems that the tops keep growing (just like last time) and the hairs at the top are all green. The closer to the bulb, the more new growth there is. Is it fine to harvest them with green tops? I had to last time it just kinda looked funny.

I need to finish them before next Sunday because that's when the other 10 start flowering. Any tips for finishing fast? Maybe lights out for a few days?

The two LST'd plants are now flowering as you can see in the foreground. They've been there for about 4 days.

Two pics of the beautiful color the smaller plants have taken on. I'm keeping the smaller ones for head. They look so much more vibrant than the larger ones.

I'm putting pics of my 10 new ladies in the Grow Journals section so check for them there. I want to see the progression of them individually so I'm giving them a separate thread.

-3/1/10 (77 Days Flowering)
Almost done. 1 more small plant got the chop. I had to move my other plants under the HPS so these ones are now in front of the window. Should get another 4+ ozs. out of this. The trichs finish before the tops do. Guess it's just the strain.

The LST'd giants started flowering. Unfortunately they also had to be moved in front of the window. Doesn't look like I'll be able to do much with them. Oh well.

-3/8/10 (84 Days flowering)
I cut the largest plant down. Now I have 2 small ones and two large ones still finishing up. They have been taken away from the window and put in a more shaded area during the day. This seems to be helping in finishing the top.

The nugget is ONE of the top colas out 2 on the largest plant. It weighs 14.3g. The other top was 12.8g. Not bad for a shitty HPS.

I will post a harvest total when I chop the others. It should be pretty close to 8ozs. when all is said and done, not counting shitty popcorn buds. I hope to smash this total with my next grow.

Edited by DrGreenThumb (03/08/10 05:39 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblueberry D
Male User Gallery

Loc: michigan
Re: GreenThumb's Garden. What does your Garbage grow??? [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #344887 - 01/10/10 09:45 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Congrats on the grow man looks awsome. Hope all is well and everything goes good.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GreenThumb's Garden. What does your Garbage grow??? [Re: blueberry D]
    #344897 - 01/10/10 10:22 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Looking like it's going well for ya.  Awesome.  Keep us updated man!  And sorry your first experience here wasn't so pleasant.  Give this place another shot though, it's not so bad.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Edited by Hawksresurrection (01/10/10 10:24 AM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #344921 - 01/10/10 11:32 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

How exactly do you know they are not hermie when they look only like they have been flowering for about 3 to 4 weeks. Most hermie flowers aren't even due to show yet.

and people don't think MG is worthless for the way it grows the plants it what it does to the finished product and this has been proven by thousands so be sure to flush the shit out of em before harvest or it's gonna be harsh.

Keep a close eye on them esp during the later weeks of flowering cause I'd bet money that is the time male flowers show themselves. Good thing most mail flowers aren't viable but are just enough to make most growers panic.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinemoogles
Re: GreenThumb's Garden. What does your Garbage grow??? [Re: Magash]
    #345051 - 01/10/10 03:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
and people don't think MG is worthless for the way it grows the plants it what it does to the finished product and this has been proven by thousands so be sure to flush the shit out of em before harvest or it's gonna be harsh.

QFT

I test buds daily. I have yet to come across a bud that was grown in MG that was any good..
The buds are usually long yet extremely dense and burn the throat like no other..even with a flush!

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GreenThumb's Garden. What does your Garbage grow??? [Re: moogles]
    #345129 - 01/10/10 04:56 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not totally sure they won't hermie yet. I won't be totally for certain until another 3-4 weeks. I'm just saying that using my first grow as a reference, they should have popped some pods by now if they are going to. On the first grow it only took about 20 days to know that I had hermies. I can't believe none have yet. To be honest, I'm totally expecting to get at least 1 herm before the grow is done. I'm just surprised that they haven't yet.
As far as the MG goes, I've been flushing once every two weeks to keep the salt buildup to a minimum. I plan on flushing and using straight water for the last two weeks before harvest. Forgot to mention that I'm using town tap water that is left to set for 48 hours before use.
Moogles: Not too sure what you're talking about. On my last grow one of the buds got burned by the light which caused stem rot on that one bud later in flowering. It dried out under the light while still on the plant, no flush. I smoked it, it was kinda harsh. The rest of the harvest was MINT and tasted ridiculously good. Best smoke I've had since I moved home (and I live in a northern med state). Everyone else loved it too. Many of my friends kept bugging me for more long after I was out. :shrug: Not too worried about the MG.
Thanks for the encouragement blueberry D and hawksapprentice. It's people like you that make this site worth coming to. (You too Magash)

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Offlinemoogles
    #345194 - 01/10/10 05:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

What I'm talking about is opinion and what I have tasted/smelled/smoked of MG buds.

Take it for what it is!

Glad your flowers turned out for you

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #345252 - 01/10/10 06:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldn't sweat the hermie thing to much now anyway. Like ya said you haven't seen any yet and if they do show late in flowering it is usually to late to do any harm anyway.

Now just for peoples reference. You have say 10 plants and 1 bust say a male flower or two, most of those plants from those seeds will be female. Now you have 10 plants and one of em has a ton of male flowers on it then the seeds that come from it will most likely be hermie.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: GreenThumb's Garden. What does your Garbage grow??? [Re: Magash]
    #345885 - 01/11/10 07:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

those fuckers are hard to spot too, so it's easy to miss them and not even know it.  that's what scares me.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GreenThumb's Garden. What does your Garbage grow??? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #345900 - 01/11/10 07:44 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yah, they're sneaky little buggers.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GreenThumb's Garden. What does your Garbage grow??? [Re: coda]
    #350172 - 01/19/10 01:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

UPDATE!!!:potleaf:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Offlinecockdiesal_mf

#350199 - 01/19/10 02:03 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

very nice :ganja:

--------------------
PLEASE CALL UR REPS FOR P.A. HB 1393  http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/354101
THERE IS NO CRIME WITHOUT A VICTIM! 
A MUST WATCH FOR ANYONE!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cNOoNu3FCU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-4Id57CaAI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avipzVVmpL8
A MUST SEE FOR ANYONE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

Offlinepblcenmy1
Perfectionist
Male User Gallery

Loc: CO Flag
Re: GreenThumb's Garden. What does your Garbage grow??? [Re: cockdiesal_mf]
    #350206 - 01/19/10 02:18 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Im calling this a comeback.  My first 5 grows ended with natural disaster ranging from squirrel attack, hail, drought, a dog marked his spot on a beaut! and oh yea my cats!  but this my friend is beautiful.  I like how you have a few control grows as well.  Very intuitive of you to take a few proper precautions and experiment a little as well.

Well i believe i just tipped my brim.

good luck

--------------------
Down 2 Earth, Up N Space!

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GreenThumb's Garden. What does your Garbage grow??? [Re: pblcenmy1]
    #350726 - 01/20/10 12:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks pblcenmy1. I'm trying to learn as much as I can in the shortest amount of time. Hopefully by this summer I'll be able to tent it up with a 1K watter. Wish me luck. :bigweed:

--------------------

Offlinepblcenmy1
Perfectionist
Male User Gallery

Loc: CO Flag
    #350825 - 01/20/10 03:57 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

well judging by that grow you got the basics,  and more light never hurt.  that setup shits and pisses (possibly a little vomit) all over my 75 watts.  But alike, we have that desire to do better.  Theres always room for improvement!

--------------------
Down 2 Earth, Up N Space!

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: GreenThumb's Garden. What does your Garbage grow??? [Re: pblcenmy1]
    #351419 - 01/21/10 05:20 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pblcenmy1 said:
Theres always room for improvement!

You damn right there is.  Oh ya and to the OP, Nice work.  I love LST

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GreenThumb's Garden. What does your Garbage grow??? [Re: Inverted]
    #351428 - 01/21/10 05:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Just to clarify, these ones were TOPPED. You'll see that in the other post. You can see the difference between flowering ladies and my veg closet. Thanks for the props Inverted. That means a lot coming from you.:cool:

Edited by DrGreenThumb (01/21/10 05:31 PM)

OfflineSgt. Smoke
File up and smoke down!
Male

Loc: Classified
    #352036 - 01/22/10 06:16 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Rock on Dr.:smile:

--------------------
L.O.B.

LEGION OF BUD

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GreenThumb's Garden. What does your Garbage grow??? [Re: Sgt. Smoke]
    #356741 - 02/02/10 06:04 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

-2/2/2010 (49 Days Flowering)
These pics are 4 of my 10 new seedlings. They are now only 2 weeks old and looking quite healthy. I started feeding them 3 days before the 2 week mark because they were starting to yellow. They really use much more energy under these lights it seems. You can see how nicely the roots are developing. The thing I like about peat pots is it makes the plant believe it's in a bigger container. As long as the pots stay in the dark (like they do in that tray) the roots form everywhere. Plus they get much more oxygen this way. I think the results speak for themselves. The second and third pic is how close they sit to the lights normally.

Here are my flowering ladies as a whole. They're coming along quite nicely (with the exception of 1). I had to get some dowels to tie them up because the nugs are waaay top heavy now. 4 out of 7 are tied up. They are actually novelty flag poles. Wal-Mart had no wooden dowels so I had to improvise.

HERE IS THE EXCEPTION!!!
I figured this was the result of overfeeding so I stopped feeding for a week. Well the problem progressed. If you look in the previous picture this is the plant right in the front. You can see where I cut the bud off. The second pic is the bud I cut off and the third is where I cut it from.
It started when the little tiny branches on the bottom of the plant started to dry up. So did the tips of the fan leaves. So I stopped feeding all of them for about a week and it got WORSE for this one plant. All the rest are grown the exact same way as this one. Same Pro-Mix HP, water out of the same bottle, everything. I dont get it.
You can see at the bottom of the bud where it has started to dry up. This is why I cut it. Where I cut it from, all the buds around it are healthy along with the colas.
On the lower branches it is selective of popcorn nugs. Where there are like 3 popcorn nugs on a branch the center one will dry up. I DON'T get it!!! :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #362163 - 02/11/10 07:18 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-2/11/10 (59 Days Flowering)
Since no one seems to take an interest in this grow, I'll just update anyway!

I harvested 2 plants early because they hermied. This is why the buds were drying out. So the plant with the sickly looking leaves and his neighbor got the chop. Trichs were partly clear/mostly cloudy. I'll post harvest pics on the next update.
This is good because I need room for my LST'd plants (2nd pic).

This is the same tray of 4 from before (top and side view). They were topped the day after my last update. I have been feeding them HEAVILY. They need a transplant. Hopefully my 2 gal bags come today.
The last pic is the veg closet.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals