Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepblcenmy1
Perfectionist
Male User Gallery

Loc: CO Flag
After Flowering.
    #346484 - 01/12/10 05:16 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I have a god bud female that 7 weeks old and 1 week into flowering.  I have correctly identified her pistils sexing is not an issue.  But im unsure of how lighting will effect her after she has shown her sex sign. 

My questions are how important is it to keep her in pitch blackness after she has sexed.  Will she revert to veg. or go hermaphrodite on me if her nights arnt exactly black?  And after she flowers could i go to a 24 light and 24 dark cycle maybe or any other variation other than 12/12? 

How exact do i need to be with the lighting after she has sexed?

--------------------
Down 2 Earth, Up N Space!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: After Flowering. [Re: pblcenmy1]
    #346487 - 01/12/10 05:18 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

If you're vegging keep her under 18/6 at minimum, if you're flowering stick to 12/12.

That's all there is to it.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinepblcenmy1
Perfectionist
Male User Gallery

Re: After Flowering. [Re: coda]
    #346490 - 01/12/10 05:23 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Damn your fast coda.  But when i was inducing her to flower i kept her in complete darkness for atleast 12 hours a day.  Now that i know shes female,  how strict do i have to be with her dark cycle.  I ask because i have her on a table in the living room and its not exactly pitch black in there.  How will that effect her at this point?

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #346495 - 01/12/10 05:27 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Light leaks equal hermies.  Also pretty simple.
That 12 hour dark period needs to be inky black.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #346497 - 01/12/10 05:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Very strict.

I would say you cannot be off by more than 15 minutes per cycle.  I manually flowered a plant this past summer by bringing her outside and in on certain hours, but some days I would sleep in or miss my time by a half hour or an hour, and I noticed this to stress her.  I made sure not to fuck up by more than 15-20 minutes and it ended up flowering great! 

But watch those light leaks in the night cycle, they will ruin a crop in no time.  Nothing brighter than moonlight is acceptable.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: After Flowering. [Re: Inverted]
    #346509 - 01/12/10 05:34 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I ask because i have her on a table in the living room and its not exactly pitch black in there.

Bad idea.  You're much better off shoving her in a closet then leaving her in an open room.

--------------------

Offlinepblcenmy1
Perfectionist
Male User Gallery

Re: After Flowering. [Re: Inverted]
    #346520 - 01/12/10 05:43 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well at night i actually do shove her in the cabinet in the kitchen.  I feel so bad that she has to suffocate but i knew how imperative it was for a pitch black night to actually induce her to flower.  But since ive been giving her a steady night cycle she has been getting so much taller and is quickly going to outgrow that cabinet and im running out of dark spots that she will fit.  Im going to go to the Arc soon and see if i cant find a bigger cabinet that i can gut out and make into a grow spot or just build one by hand.

FUCK... im getting over whelmed with my projects.

Thanks for the quick responses guys

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #346532 - 01/12/10 06:01 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

heh, this is why you setup your grow room BEFORE you start to grow :wink: :P

--------------------

InvisibleNightGrower
Proficient Horticulturist
Male

#346540 - 01/12/10 06:13 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well... what did you have in mind for your space? What dimensions and setup? How far along are you?

I agree with everyone here, get that plant a suitable environment with consistent lighting cycles and FAE or you will stress the plant, ruining your efforts.

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

Offlinepblcenmy1
Perfectionist
Male User Gallery

Re: After Flowering. [Re: NightGrower]
    #346614 - 01/12/10 07:27 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I am 1 week into flowering and every growth tip (maybe 100 or so have pistils protruding from them)  I only have the one plant and shes short stocky and very bushy (almost 2ft. x 2ft.) so my setup would be almost twice that size in width and more than double that size in height.  Not too sure about venting... i'll probably incorporate a small fan hooked up to a wide tubular exhaust sucking the co2 from the bottom with another hole the same size for possitive air exchange.

And shes no stranger to stress as my lighting cycles have been far from steady and my crack headed feline friend liked to nibble on her in my sleep.  She did the honor of topping my plant for me!  hence, the reason for her shortness,  but filled in nicely horizontally.  I do have a very hearty manure growing medium that the plant just loves.

And yes i would be quite upset if she stressed to the point of hermaphrodism.  I will take the advise given and build a suitable grow space.

Thanks to you all.

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #346807 - 01/13/10 08:06 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'd like to see some pics of your plant.

You should do the rest of your grow in a grow log here. :thumbup:

Oh, and not that it matters, but why are you worried about "sucking the CO2 from the bottom?"  that seems weird.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: After Flowering. [Re: 81renaissance]
    #346809 - 01/13/10 08:15 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

100 growth tips? :eek:

I wanna see this plant too!

--------------------

Offlinepblcenmy1
Perfectionist
Male User Gallery

Re: After Flowering. [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #350108 - 01/19/10 10:51 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

After request,  this is my Gods Bud, IzZy

10 weeks old, almost 3 weeks into flowering.  Grown mostly with a 42 watt 2700K cfl, and a 23 watt 6400K daylight cfl.  Horse manure growing medium with perlite, verm, and composted strawberries.  Have fed with a 15-30-15 from day one.

Veg. was 24/0
Flowering is 11/13
curing will include either mango, or peach.

This plant was half dead about 6 weeks ago because i burnt the shit outta her in my sleep when i put a 100 watt incandescent in my #3 lighting fixture.  My cat topped the plant and ate the remains and nibbled down two growth tips from the bottom.  Im surprised this plant stuck around and decided to be female after all that.  I now keep the plant in a 20 gallon aquarium turned upright which i have lined with foil and compact discs and with 75 watts of light i'd say shes coming along quite well.

Any comments?

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #350153 - 01/19/10 12:35 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

11/13?

--------------------

Offlinepblcenmy1
Perfectionist
Male User Gallery

#350159 - 01/19/10 12:53 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

its averaging out that way.  My lighting routine is still fucked up.  Im slowly making my way to 12/12 although ive missed it and went 13/11 on a couple occasions.  This is due to the fact that my timer doesnt have a 3 pronged grounded outlet and my 500watt tungsten halogen light that im trying to incorporate into the mix is plugged into a power strip directly into the wall.  This plant is still not stressing any of the fucked up shit im doing to it so im going to just keep at it.  I have however made her nights inky black for at least 11 hours.  That was my main concern at this point and ill work on the lighting regimine.  But as of right now all is well with her

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #350160 - 01/19/10 12:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

11/13 is common for 100% Sativa's, but unnecessary for anything else unless you're having trouble getting her to flower.
I don't see 100 growth tips, so I'm curious what you're considering to be a "growth tip".
Her color is beautiful, and she looks healthy...keep it up.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Offlinepblcenmy1
Perfectionist
Male User Gallery

Re: After Flowering. [Re: 81renaissance]
    #350168 - 01/19/10 01:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I was considering every node at every branch a growth tip which are all centered around the area where the plant was topped.  That one main tip emerged leaving the secondary tip behind by about 8 inches.  And keep in mind that none of the leafs present are original fan leafs.  This plant should have been over twice this size but would have been too tall for anything i could construct and had to be cut back because of previous mishaps.  The original stem is only about 10 inches high and everything shown are secondary shoots.  And she is quite lovely

--------------------

Offlinepblcenmy1
Perfectionist
Male User Gallery

#350174 - 01/19/10 01:30 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Maybe i should have said 100 nodes. which i think is more important than a growth tip in which my reasoning, each growth tip of my plant is accompanied by at least 20 nodes.  So my terminology was wrong.  sorry for the failboat!

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #350175 - 01/19/10 01:34 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'm confused. :dumbhunter:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: After Flowering. [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #350283 - 01/19/10 05:01 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Everything in a red circle is a "growth tip", everything in yellow is a node which has a bud forming.  I think he was saying he got his terminology confused and that he considered every spot at which a bud formed to be a growth tip.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds