Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Re: Recipes for the growery. (moved) [Re: Triptonic]
    #340587 - 01/05/10 12:39 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

This thread was moved from The Smoke Lounge.

Reason:
it would be nice to have a little extra participation in this forum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #340593 - 01/05/10 12:41 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

haha no one is going to find it now :frown:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
    #340600 - 01/05/10 12:44 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

on that note, here's one I did for the shroomery a long time ago
Quote:

Well, we got the Elk steaks from my roommates Dad, who is apparently a scary person with a bow and arrow. they've been marinating for about 6 hours in a tasty little mix. I don't really know the quantities, but eyeball it until you think it's delicious.
http://www.newbelgium.com/beers_fz.php
-Chopped mint leaves
-cilantro
-Rosemary
-thyme
-parsley

Next it was time to start the cranberry apple glaze.

- 1 cup cooking sherry
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup Craisins
- 1/2 Brayburn apple
- brown sugar to taste (about 1/2 cup for us)

We're gonna let that simmer and start chopping up vegetables for the roasting pan.

Carrots, Asparagus, potato, sweet yellow onion, and a little fresh cilantro.

We laid everything out on a bed of nice fresh asparagus, and sprinkled with the other diced veggies and then ladled the cranberry/apple/sherry glaze over the top of it all. Add some salt and pepper, roast for 30 minutes @ 350

Finished product, with garlic mashed potatoes (and a Caesar salad I ate before pictures :smile:)

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Recipes for the growery. (moved) [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #340606 - 01/05/10 12:49 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Aww shit that looks good. Elk is delicious.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#340612 - 01/05/10 12:56 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

One I just made today:

Triptonics Spicy Peanut rice:
Serves 2.
1 cup rice
1 cup shredded carrots
1/8 cup chopped peanuts
Chow Mien Noodles to liking
Kikoman Thai Peanut Sauce

Cook rice as per directions on box, heat peanut sauce in microwave until hot (usually 20-40 sec.). Once rice is done add carrots and peanuts, stir then put in a bowl. Top with Chow Mien noodles and sauce. Eat.

Also try adding chicken to it.

It was one of the best things I have ever eaten.

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
Re: Recipes for the growery. [Re: Triptonic]
    #341448 - 01/06/10 07:27 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i know this isn't worthy of this thread but this is a sick ass quick snack that actually tastes pretty good.

1 salada biscuit square
1x Cheese, i usually use tasty, used a few types tho and alot are good, personal preference i would say.
1x tomato sauce.

Cut cheese thinly to the cover the whole salada biscuit, cover the biscuit and cheese with tomato sauce and nuke in microwave for about a minute until the cheese is all melted, remove from microwave and enjoy

--------------------

Invisiblebeatyou
Male User Gallery

Loc: 512/atx
Re: Recipes for the growery. [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #345946 - 01/11/10 08:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yo trip great thread. I'm bit of a food snob as well and try to eat 'with the seasons' - this week called for a giant pot of potato leek & smoked ham soup. This is pure comfort food for me, a true belly-warmer, perfect when you're in the lock of winter's grip,  Although in Texas this doesn't exist for long. I like to eat this soup with some toasted & buttered french bread. i think i doubled or tripled this recipe using like 12 potatos.

Ingredients
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
4 cups thinly sliced leeks, be sure to wash these properly or you will end up with a bunch of dirt in your shit
1 diced sweet onion / garlic and shallots are also optional ingredients here
2 1/2 cans of chicken broth or 4 cups if you are a pro and make your own. I highly suggest making your own stock.
5 large potatoes, i leave the skins on for the rustic vibe, but you can peel em for a very creamy soup
phat pinch  ground white pepper
2 cups smoked ham (black forest is yummy), diced
1/4-1 cup cream or half and half
Salt to taste
i sprinkle some fresh chives or whatever herb is in (parsely/dill)

directions

1 Melt the butter in your soup pot over medium heat. Add the leeks/onions/garlic/shallot, sweat em 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth, potatoes and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.

2 Reduce heat; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until vegetables are very tender. I like to mash the potatos up first using a regular masher then use a hand blender to blend the soup up in it's own pot, but if you dont have one,  use a food processor, process until desired texture/smooth.

3 Stir in diced ham and cream. It's also great to put the ham in before you blend it up. Season to taste with salt. top w/ herbs

--------------------
this is me on a bar, 3 methrolls (up 4 days), ketamine, and some good acid two years ago.

Edited by beatyou (01/11/10 09:08 PM)

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Recipes for the growery. [Re: beatyou]
    #345966 - 01/11/10 09:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'm gonna have to try this one out soon. Sounds really good dude.

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Loc: The Hall of Doom
Re: Recipes for the growery. (moved) [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #347912 - 01/14/10 07:55 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

J A Henkel blades.  My favorite.  I have the classic series.  I bought two extra sets of the steak knives.  I want the 18 inch Chef knife but my block won't hold it.  That thing makes Rambo look like he's holding a paring knife.

chucklehead's Black Bean Chicken Recipe

I made this tonight

5 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts (each about the size of your hand roughly)
1 sweet onion diced large
2 cloves garlic diced small
1/4 stick of butter
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lime juice (optional)
1/4 cup of salsa ( I use chi-chi's or what ever I have )
1/2 - 1 cup canned jalepenos
1 can of sweet corn (salted)
1 can of black beans
1/4 tsp cayanne pepper
1 tbsp ground cummin
5 twists on the black pepper grinder
Sour Cream
Fancy Shredded Cheese
Rice (optional)

Take the frozen chicken breasts and place them in a pyrex baking pan.  Place pan in the oven.  Turn oven to 350.  Bake one hour.  Pull the baked breasts out of the oven.  Set aside.  Dice your onion large.  Put in a frying pan .  Dice two cloves of garlic finely.  Place in the same frying pan.  Add 1/4 cup olive oil.  Turn on medium heat.  While that is cooking take your chicken breast and cube it to about 3/4 inch chunks.  Add to the now semi cooked onions and garlic.  Add your spices starting with cayanne pepper, then cummin then black pepper and then salt. Add the salsa.  Mix all of that up.  I sometimes add a little more olive oil at this point if it's looking dry.  If you have lime juice it really adds something.  1/4 cup or less of that will give it a zing.  Anyhow drain your black beens and rinse them.  Then add them to the pan.  Drain the corn but don't rinse.  Add the corn to the frying pan.  Add the canned jalepenos.  Cut the butter up into 4 pieces.  Add to the pan.  Cover the pan and turn the heat down to medium low.  Let cook for about 20 minutes stir occasionally.

Plate it up.  Add some shredded cheese on top and some sour cream.  I've used cheddar mozerrella and parm cheese before.  That's really to taste.  Put a few spoon fulls of sour cream on top.  Put rice on the side if you like.  It's good in a tortilla wrap too.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Recipes for the growery. (moved) [Re: chucklehead]
    #347914 - 01/14/10 07:57 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

That sounds really good man.

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
    #347967 - 01/14/10 09:44 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Ceasar salad is my favorite food to have round when im blazin, its easy to keep the ingredients and whip one up in 5 minutes when you munching

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

#348139 - 01/15/10 11:46 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks!  I'm dying to try a couple of your recipes. 

Those ice cream things sound wicked.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#348242 - 01/15/10 01:19 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

lol you wont be disappointed.

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

#348725 - 01/16/10 04:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Making cannibutter right now.  I had to eyeball it a bit but here's what I'm doing. 

Ratio:
Roughly a pound of butter.  Roughly 3/4 ounce of weed (killer bud not shake).

Actions:
I boiled 4 cups of water.
I cut up a lb of butter into cubes.
I removed all stem material from 3/4 oz weed even the wee little ones.
I put the put the bud in a coffee grinder and ground it to a fine powder though it had a strong stickiness to it.
I put the chopped up butter in the boiling water.
I reduced the heat to a simmer
I added the weed powder to the butter and water.
I stirred for almost two hours now.  (Which made me a little high).
I'm about to filter through a cheese cloth into a pyrex baking pan.
I'll let it stand until at room temperature.
Then it will go in the fridge where it can continue to fully seperate the water and butter and allow the cannabutter to harden.
I'll use tongs to seperate the cannabutter and water.
I'll use the butter to make one batch of brownies and one batch of no bake cookies tomorrow.

I'll let you know how they turn out.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#348727 - 01/16/10 04:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:highfive:

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: Recipes for the growery. [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #348790 - 01/16/10 06:01 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
I'll put up that nobake cookie recipe for ya'll so triptonic doesn't get lonely. 

FB's No Bake Cookies

2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup cocoa (I use hersheys)

Mix sugar and cocoa together before adding milk.
Mix to a smooth consistency and boil for exactly one minute.  Then mix in the following:

1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanut butter (NOT chunky)
1/4 lb oleo
3 cup Quick Oats (make sure they are the 1 minute quick oats). 

Drop resulting mix onto wax paper and let dry for a few hours.  Drink that shit with some milk and be in heaven for 20 seconds at a time.  Pretty simple.

I was already standing at the stove anyway making cannabutter. So I went ahead and made a regular batch of these.  I only used 3 tbsp peanut butter and I added a pinch of salt.  I'm waiting for them to cool now.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Recipes for the growery. [Re: chucklehead]
    #349046 - 01/17/10 03:17 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Triptonics French Dip

1, 4lb Rump Roast
1 10.5 Oz. Can of beef broth
1 10.5 Oz. Can of condensed French Onion Soup
1 Can or Bottle of Dark Beer
6 French Rolls
2 TBSP butter

Trim excess fat from the rump roast, and place in a slow cooker. Add the beef broth, onion soup and beer. Cook on Low setting for 7 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Split French rolls, and spread with butter. Bake 10 minutes, or until heated through.
Slice the meat on the diagonal, and place on the rolls. Serve the sauce for dipping

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: Recipes for the growery. [Re: Triptonic]
    #349129 - 01/17/10 08:50 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The no bake cookies turned out very well.  The weed butter is green.  That's about all I can say about it right now.  I haven't had a chance to cook it into anything yet.  Oh I wanted to note it took two filtrations through cheese cloth to get the little particles out.

--------------------

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

Re: Recipes for the growery. [Re: chucklehead]
    #349187 - 01/17/10 11:17 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

chucklehead said:
The no bake cookies turned out very well.  The weed butter is green.  That's about all I can say about it right now.  I haven't had a chance to cook it into anything yet.  Oh I wanted to note it took two filtrations through cheese cloth to get the little particles out.

here send it to me and ill test it out for you to make sure its up to par. Very quick turn around, Ill let you know within hours if its quality or not. I'll even pay shipping!! :crazy2::lol:

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: Recipes for the growery. [Re: FrozenReality]
    #349594 - 01/18/10 07:19 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Okay the butter works.  It still tastes a little bit like weed but certainly not like biting off a chunk of bud and chewing it up, which I've done and I don't recommend.  I have had to eat a couple of joints in my life time.  (Boating+Joint+Coast Guard)=(No More Boat+jail time)  One positive thing I took away from that experience was I learned not to take flavored blunt papers on the boat.  Yuck!  Other time (Driving+Joint+State Trooper)=(Bad stuff)  Swallowed that one whole.

Anyway back to the butter.  I put a dab the size of a #2 pencil eraser on a cracker and ate it half an hour ago.  I'm buzzing nicely.  Mission accomplished.  I still have 1 cup and maybe two tablespoons of this stuff left.  I'm tempted not to bother cooking it into anything (as per my earlier plan).  I could just eat a little tiny bit on a cracker or toast whenever I want a little buzz.  I could control my dosage much easier this way.  For now I measured out two 1/2 cup portions (the amount needed for brownies) and the remaining 2tbsp portion and put them on individual pieces of wax paper.  I wrapped the wax paper around the butter then put the wrapped butter into a vacuum seal bag and vacuum sealed it up.  Then I put it in the freezer for safe keeping.  I still have half a pan of hash brownies to eat.  No sense making more brownies until I need them.

Quote:

FrozenReality said:
Quote:

chucklehead said:

here send it to me and ill test it out for you to make sure its up to par. Very quick turn around, Ill let you know within hours if its quality or not. I'll even pay shipping!! :crazy2::lol:

Wish I could brother.  I love sharing. :bigblunt:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals