Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog
    #336292 - 12/25/09 03:28 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ok so I received 11 beans of Magash's Bubba Kush x Super Skunk (Sensi)

Day 1

I germinated 7 of them a few days ago and put them into my regular soil mix.  I gave 1 seedling to Lucid (hopefully that would have been a male :tongue:).  I also germinated 4 Hindu x Master Kush, and 12/12'd one of them and it was a male, and I culled the runt, so I'm down to 2 of them, for a total of 8 Vegging.  Nothing special ATM, but I could pick up some better soil right now for the transplants.  I'm going to try to fill my 2' x 2' flowering space with 4 Scrogged plants.  I think that would be the best spacing.  If I use more plants, they have to be small, and wouldn't be as successful in a Scrog.  If I only get a couple females, I'm going to try and get them as bushy and branchy before implementing the Scrog and then flowering. 

I decided to go with 2 gallon containers, ensuring that every plant gets adequate rootspace and branching space.  Since I only have a 150w HPS and a bunch of CFL's (200w) I don't really expect to get 1g/watt, but I'm definitely trying to get at least .5g/watt.  That would be approx. 175 grams.  I think I'll get it this time!

I'm going to flower all but 1 of the females of the group.  She will be mothered for the next run w/ this strain as all clones in a SOG.  I have 8 plants in Veg right now (24/0) and hope I get 5 females.  4 would be the PERFECT configuration in my space.  1 plant per sq. ft. tied down and then scrogged once they are 1 week from flower.  I have about 3 weeks to get them vegged and ready for the flower box.  That harvest is coming in 17 or so days and I want there to be no down time of the system.

No pics yet because they aren't worthy, but wait a week and I will add the first shots.  This will be a weekly update journal.

My oscillating fan also shit the bag last night on my current grow, so I'll be hitting up The Home Depot this weekend and hopefully I'll come out of there with everything I need.

:happyweed: 
Come along for the ride friends! :popcorn:

NOTE- I CHANGED PLANS FROM A SOG TO A SCROG, AND AM USING CLONES FOR NEXT RUN NOT THIS RUN, SO IF I REFERENCE CUTTING CLONES AND MOTHERS, DISREGARD THAT, ONLY 1 FEMALE WILL BECOME A MOTHER.  Continue on...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Edited by Inverted (01/13/10 09:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephantom
Heavy Hitter
Male

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Clone SOG [Re: Inverted]
    #336815 - 12/26/09 10:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Oh boy am I glad to see the progress of these little buggers. BUMP!

--------------------
"You got weed on your brain!"

InvisibleNightGrower
Proficient Horticulturist
Male

#338032 - 12/29/09 08:27 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Can't wait to see what Magash's beans do under a SOG. Good luck with the grow. and please... keep updating. We want to see the goods

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Clone SOG [Re: NightGrower]
    #338042 - 12/29/09 08:53 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I plan to keep a very professional log/journal on these, as it is kinda part of the trade :tongue:  He get's great feedback and I get great smoke/genetics to work with.  Win-Win big fat Grin! :grin:

Day 4

All seedlings are up, first sets are about an inch.  I've neglected them for a few days as I was upgrading my lighting to my flower chamber.  I bought a 65w 2700k CFL and a reflector.  It's actually impressively bright and cool to boot.  I'll take pictures weekly so mind the visualization for now. (I actually laughed when I found the CFL... It's huge!)

I also bought the most powerful PC fan I could find.  It pushes 133 CFM and my new box is only going to be 16 Ft3.  Technically you should exchange the air a minimum of 1x per minute.  I have it set up to run a little lower, probably about 100 CFM.  That means I will have exchanged a little over 6 times (6 and 1/4 to be exact).  That plays out to about once every 10 seconds.  I'm also counting on some pressure to slow that down a bit as well.  No carbon filter for me.  Anyways the building will probably start tonight, tomorrow, or sometime this week as it's not urgent.

--------------------

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #338283 - 12/30/09 06:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:eyeball:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Clone SOG [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #338664 - 01/01/10 09:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
:eyeball:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Clone SOG [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #338688 - 01/01/10 10:25 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Day 7

Well it's Friday already and that pretty much only means one thing to me!  Updates...

This is a picture of Day 4 after the germinated seeds were put under soil.  I believe they had been up for about 21/2 days.  (P.S. There are 5 other (hopefully) future mothers - Chrstal, Hindu x Master Kush that are around 10 days old and semi-neglected :tongue:)

I had them under only (1) 30w - 3,000k bulb for a couple days to give them some light to orient them.  I added another equal bulb on day 4, and yesterday I added a 3rd for a total of ~90 Watts of CFL's.  I'm skimping as of right now, I know; but a lot of my focus and time has been working on correcting/updating my flowering cab.

Yes they are jerry-rigged into position and it looks half-assed, but I can assure you by next weeks update everything will look more clean and correct.  I need to construct a small support structure to hold all of the sockets and cords in an organized manner, as well as keeping the light source at one even level.  I can adjust the plants individually to give them the optimal distance and light intensity.

I know that is NOT enough lighting to vegetate 4-5 small mothers, but it should be fine for the first couple weeks.  They will begin to stretch after that If I don't do something to increase light penetration.  What do you guys think about LST on mothers?  I would think that tying them down would create faster growth of the secondary branches/future clones?  The other option is to take the apical tips of each mother in the first batch of cuts, which in turn has basically the same effect of LST.
I'll probably go with option 2 out of simplicity and proven methods.

I think instead of buying 3 more regular CFL's for the mothers, I would just invest in another 65w.  The one in the flower cab is performing absolutely great compared to smaller (30-40w) bulbs.  Don't get me wrong, those sizes work great; but the Lumens/Watt ratio of the 65w is the most efficient size.  It barely puts off any heat because the ballast has a nice built in heatsink.  If I get another one of those reflectors ($25 Light + Reflector Combo) I think I'll be just fine.  It's not like I will let them become bushes because I'll be taking ~10 cuts every 4 weeks.  150w should be just fine for keeping them in good health!

Over the next 3-4 weeks I'll be building a brand new flower cab.  I will harvest my current 5 flowering ladies (@ Day 34 now), transfer the mothers to the old/current flower cab, and clones will move into the Veg box.  It will be a nice perpetual system on a nearly non-existent budget IMO...  I'm sick of waiting 3-4 months and not being satisfied with the yields, because I end up smoking it all in about a month!  Now I plan to harvest ~2 Oz's/Month, which is more than 2x the amount I smoke.

:happyweed:  :bongload:  :getstoned:  :yesnod2:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#344374 - 01/09/10 08:51 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Day 14

These plants are of AWESOME genetics.  I know I have grown some decent strains in the past, but I can already tell that these are the best.  They are showing more vigor than any others.  The roots are already covering the outside of the keg cups, and 2 had to be transplanted already!  The 2 that were transplanted were actually damaged pretty badly on the walk from my house to the shed.  It was -12 outside and it appears that they had frozen in a very short amount of time.  Some of the leaves dried up and died, but they will be fine and are already continuing on.  The roots are big, fluffy, fuzzy and bright white.  The best and healthiest I have seen personally.  I'm also using half of my normal soil mix, and half Fox Farm Ocean Forest.  This is going to make a HUGE difference in my average growth rates.  I know this because it is SO fluffy and airy compared to what I usually use.

Plants were fed their first dosage of nutrients and they loved it.  Perked up in 24 hours and made an obvious jump in size.  I gave them a nice load of Neptune's Harvest - Organic Fish and Seaweed fertilizer.  It has worked wonders in the past and I finally got a hold of some.  I recommend it to anyone.  I think the N-P-K is (2-3-1), so I use it until the last week of flower.  The rest of the transplants will go down tomorrow or the next day, to 1 Gallon containers until sex is determined.  Enough chatter, here's a sneak peak at them for now.  Not much to look at but they are all healthy.  A couple blemishes here and there but all of the new growth this week has been immaculate. :yesnod:

:bongload:  :happyweed:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #344434 - 01/09/10 09:22 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

They look great!  lots of growth since the last update!  oh i bet your just giddy with excitement to grow that out.  you lucky dog.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog (moved) [Re: Inverted]
    #347439 - 01/14/10 06:27 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

This thread was moved from the user's journal.

Reason:
User Request

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Inverted]
    #347616 - 01/14/10 02:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

oh dude cant wait to see how this one goes. good luck man. :thumbup:

(more pics of training if you are doing it please?)

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #347654 - 01/14/10 02:59 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Day 20

Early update.  I got antsy and took pictures this morning after the transplants yesterday.  They look pretty fucking healthy for only 20 days above soil.  I put them all into 1 gallon containers of 70/30 FFOF cut with Schultz potting mix.  They seem to like it.  Root systems are very healthy and fat.  I have 1 female and 1 ? Hindu x Master Kush.  They aren't looking very healthy, although they are the largest plants.  I think they will clear up after the transplant.  They were far too rootbound and probably deficient in more areas than one.  We will see.

Well I don't really have any other news, except they are growing like there is no tomorrow.  I'm impressed with this run.  ZERO mistakes is the goal.  I always manage to make one mistake with each run, and it's usually attributed to my laziness, which will NOT get in the way anymore.  I want a full canopy, because with a small floorprint the more tops the higher yield I'm going to get.

Here's the goods.

Look at how fat and healthy those leaves are.  They also have a glossy finish which I think is a Bubba trait.  :awesome:

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
oh dude cant wait to see how this one goes. good luck man. :thumbup:

(more pics of training if you are doing it please?)

Funny you say that.  I'm beginning training in the next day or two.  Now that I have them In 1 gallon pots, they won't need to be moved until I sex them, and I'll have the main stem trained and hardened into place by then.

If you pay attention to how I did my first run in this system, and this run, you will see major differences.  I transplanted too late last time and stunted them.  I also have them in proper soil.  (FFOF).  Also have awesome nutes which I didn't pick up until half way through flowering of that run.  No more laziness!

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#347660 - 01/14/10 03:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

awesome. yeah i figured you'd be getting close to training sometime soon. throw a few pics with some details in there for me man. i'd appreciate it. looks good so far. :awebig:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#347665 - 01/14/10 03:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You got it.  I'll make a TEK of sorts for ya.  They really do look good.  I'm more excited about these plants in veg than the plants that are 1-2 weeks from harvest!  :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#347759 - 01/14/10 04:24 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

thanks man. tryin to learn as much as i can so when i finally do get to grow, i'll have all the knowledge possible. i've looked into training and read all about it, but i'm still kinda confused about a couple things.

well that grow is pretty much done for the most part. you pretty much know how it's going to end up because all the work has already been put in really. cept for a couple things.

the new grow is just beginning. you have new shit to work with haha.

yeah i'm interested to see how your scrog turns out too. i'm thinking of going that route, not sure yet though. this will definetly help make my decision for me though. so give it your best shot :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#347786 - 01/14/10 04:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you I really appreciate it.  I will give you a good detailed walkthrough.  It's a lot easier to just get in there and do it rather than trying to imagine how it would work, but I will make it so that you can see exactly how it's done.  Research like you say and you will be leaps and bounds ahead of the average newbie.  I like how you look for the answers to questions before starting a new post.  I wish everyone would do that!

I topped the lone Chrystal plant with all the branches.  I hope it's a girl!

I'd say I have 21/2 - 3 weeks of veg left before I put them into the Flower Chamber, but this depends on the harvest of the other plants, and the maturity of the Skunk Kush crosses.  :smiling:  :bongload:

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#347794 - 01/14/10 04:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

ok i've read all about topping. but what exactly does it do? does it encourage the plants to show sex flowers earlier? or keep it from getting as tall? i'd like to talk to people about what i've read about as well. real world conversation, or internet world in this case, goes a long way.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #347805 - 01/14/10 04:56 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

It removes the main growing tip and allows the secondary branches to shoot up and become their own main tips.  So instead of growing a plant with one big cola and a bunch of smaller side buds, you can grow a plant with multiple large colas and small side buds.

The above pic is an example of a plant I topped while it was a tiny cutting.  I should update that thread again, it's gotten way bigger with the flowering stretch.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: coda]
    #347808 - 01/14/10 04:59 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

oh ok i got it.

damn, how small was she when you topped it? it didn't hurt it doing it when it was that young?

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#347810 - 01/14/10 05:02 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Topping basically ceases vertical growth, while encouraging multiple tops and a more even canopy.  It does not change or effect sexing.

When you cut the top off of the plant, you remove the primary growing tip.  In turn, the top node below the cut will become primary, and the 2 little branches that are there when you cut, will become the 2 main stalks of the plant.  All of the growth hormones that usually go directly to the main tip will now be diverted to the 2 branches at the new highest node.  More of the growth hormone will also be able to reach the rest of the branches, so the original main stalk will just thicken up, not grow much longer, and all of the separate branches will begin to appear like they are their own plant.  Here is a plant that I topped, notice the awesome large branches.  The bigger the branch, the more it can support and larger buds will form on each branch.  I like topping and tying down, but tying seems to incur less stress.

It's the large plant.  Too bad it was a male :sad:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck