Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEM455
 User Gallery

flushing after watering and other newb questions
    #341888 - 01/06/10 08:44 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hey! I just wanted to ask what happens if your plant has a problem but you're not sure if it's overwatering or over feeding? it may actually be a bit of both...but even if it's only over feeding, wouldn't flushing cause over watering/root rot or something? what if the plant is already boderline humid and hasn't enough time to dry out fast enough?

what is the best time to start feeding plants with fertilizer? (when they have how many leaves not counting cotyledons)I've been misting the plant with half the minimum amount recommended by the manufacturer but may have over fed/watered them yesterday because I poured (instead of misting) that fert/water mix........any fertilizing advice you could give me would be really appreciated :smile: I'm using a 20-20-20 by the way

The plant sprouted (first sing of cotyledongs,  first green thing I saw) december the 14th....that means it's been 23 or 24 days....almost 4 weeks....it has like 6 leaves (4 of those leaves have 3 tips) and a little thing growing in the middle, they're small...i thought I had counted 7 leaves though....but let's just say it has six not counting cotyledons......is it growing fast? slow? too slow? or average? this is important for me.

edit: (I counted them again....6 leaves)

Is it normal that the two first leaves (not counting cotyledons) are of a lighter green than the rest? or does it mean something bad is happening ? Are those two leaves supposed to die too?

When is the best moment to put seedling under 250 watt metal halide lamp (how many leaves should it have). At what distance and how often (and by how many inches) should you get the light closer to the plant?
I put the plant under lights when they had 4 very small leaves and was fine until now...the lights were at around 3 or 4 foot from the plant......when the plant had like 6/7 leaves the light was put closer (as close as I could get it)

I forgot my other questions....but thanks in advance for answering :smile:

Edited by EM455 (01/06/10 10:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: flushing after watering and other newb questions [Re: EM455]
    #342126 - 01/07/10 01:07 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Okay bro.  First off, welcome to the site.  There are not many people on here, but there are some serious growers and cool people who will be willing to help you with all your n0oB questions.

First off:  STOP FERTILIZING!  That is going to kill your plants.  They are too young and do not need fertilizer yet.  There is no need to foliar feed your plants at your level of growing experience.  It is a complicated procedure (and is never totally necessary).  Im pretty sure that is why your first set of true leaves died.

In order to answer you other questions you need to tell us more about your set up.  I am too lazy to search for the official list this site uses but tell us

What light are you under (you have the 250 MH but what are they under now? Or what did you  germinate them under?)

What is your grow medium (soil/hydro/aero)

What nutes are you using?

Strain (if any)?

Temperature and humidity readings of room?

And pictures are especially helpful is diagnosing problems.  And they will make your grow log more fun to read so it will attract the attention of more helpful people.

Oh and since you are probably in soil and you are a noob your soil probably does not have adequate drainage (correct me if im wrong).  You should water them when the pots feel very light.  This is probably only about 1-2 times a week at the seedling stage.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: flushing after watering and other newb questions [Re: SmOakland]
    #342137 - 01/07/10 01:17 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Its to early to fertilize unless his grow medium doesnt have any nutes in it at all. In which case he should be giving them small doses of nutes. Other than that I agree with you smoakland.

OfflineEM455
 User Gallery

Re: flushing after watering and other newb questions [Re: Triptonic]
    #342483 - 01/07/10 05:18 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you guys so much for your answers and for welcoming me to the site! I've been in the shroomery for a couple of years but had never grown weed.

Actually my first set of true leaves didn't die, the tip of one of them did, but the rest is fine...they do look "lighter-colored" in comparison to the others though and that has been worrying me. I stoped fertilizing yesterday :smile:

I germinated under unknown-wattage fluorescent light until the plant had 4 true leaves then put them under 250 watt MH (a bit far from the light since I was afraid to burn them or something), then got them closer, I don't know how close but that's as far as my set up allows for now. Then my MH starting failling or something (looked a lot less bright) so I changed it for a HPS 250 watt I was saving for flowering until I can buy another MH.

My grow medium is soil + perlite at around 50-50 but this was not precisely measured and my guess is there's a little bit more perlite than soil.
The soil bag says "Phillips Chevron advanced formula for life" if that means something to you. I couldn't find any peat moss in my country (DR) and didn't want to put vermiculite in there because the stuff is humid enough already. I germinated in a little cup and then transplanted to a 3-4 gallon container just before putting under the MH lights (a couple of minutes before).

I'm using a 20-20-20 not organic (chemical then I guess) fertilizer, powdered and water diluted....I used half the minimum amount recommended....1ml/mg per liter of water
it has trace elements too. I don't really know what else to say about the nutes.

The strain is Arjan's strawberry haze feminized from greenhouse co. It's mainly a sativa

I have no idea of the temperature or humidity of the room since I don't have "meters" for that yet...I saw a couple online but figured I really wouldn't know how to use them or "plug" them in accordance with my set up.  It is humid I guess since the soil always seems moist....and it feels kind of hot in there.
I have two fans one "in" fan on the floor and one "out" fan near the ceilling (i'm growing in a homebox) they're small, I don't know what air volume they extract/blow though.

The soil drys fast on top...but if you dig a bit it seems to always be humid, even for a few days....I keep watering anyway (only misting) because I'm afraid the plant may get too dry....My guess is if I didn't it would still stay moist for a week or even more.

About drainage, my container has lots of drainage holes and draing pretty well, but maybe the grow medium characteristics don't allow a very good drainage. Maybe it's not hot enough in there too, since I only have 250 watt lamps which is all I can afford on my electricity bill for now.

I haven't measured Ph, since I just bought a Ph meter and have to go get it at the post office (it just arrived :laugh:).

I've tried to take picture but apparently there's something wrong with my camera since I can't see anything on those pictures, it's a bad quality camera anyway so I don't think it's worth it....I have been writing a grow log, but never posted it since the grow log itself sounds a bit stupid :$ and I'm kind of a newb.

My idea would be to use a stick to measure the soil humidity? Until I can by a meter or something... but my fear is that some parts of the soil are too dry while others are too moist so part of the roots are underwatered and others overwatered which would be way too complicated to deal with.

By the way I flushed the plant today....I was scared it would die and couldn't wait until coming here...poured around 10 gallons of water in there, maybe less, it drained pretty well but the soil is a bit soaked. The plant immediately, while beggining the flush got all droopy. I have questions about that :

Is flushing  stress for the plant?
Can you kill your plant by flushing?
Should you only flush when there are signs of overfeeding? because I was thinking about flushing every two weeks to avoid that, when the plant got bigger but now that I saw the plant's reaction i'm having second thoughts.
Does flushing during flowering affect bud flavor/resin production?
Any advice on flushing?

I'm having trouble with overwatering and overfeeding....I mean sometimes I think like ok let's wait until it's really really dry in there, then flush and then a week later feed with a medium amount of fertilizer (like 3g/L) and wait until it's really dry again. BUT when I'm doing that, I get all scared thinking maybe i'm hindering the poor kid's potencial not giving it enough nutes/water and causing it all kinds of stress....I don't do it only for the smoke, but I would love to have a big, healthy plant with  as high quality bud as I can (I think that's what we all want right?)...that's why I'm groing only a couple of plants at a time anyway (because I don't have much wattage in there)...i'm only growing 1 right now though because I killed my other two seedlings before they even sprouted (root rot, overwatered).

Thanks A LOT for everything, if you need any other information about my set up let me know :smile:

Edited by EM455 (01/07/10 05:24 PM)

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#342527 - 01/07/10 06:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Dude im so high that i typed all this into your rating first:

You are doing a balls out first grow.  You do not fuck around.  Stick around.

Your plants will be perfectly happy under the HPS, although using the MH is slightly better a lot of people use HPS all the way through.  Strawberry Haze.  You are a gangsta.  I would love to try this strain.  But there is prob: this is a difficult strain to grow, especially indoors.  I cant wait to see pics of this elegant plant though. 

Strawberry haze will have a specific fertilizer regimen.  Im pretty sure your plant is going to require ferts but it will be sensitive to over fertilization.  I dont know if that fertilizer that you are using would be good for this specific strain (although 20-20-20 with micros is generally perfect for growing cannabis during the veg phase, this strain might be picky!)  I'll look this up and get back to you (anyone wanna help me here?)

I am sorry to have insulted your intelligence earlier when I suggested that your soil would not have enough drainage.  50/50 soil/perlite sounds perfect.  As I said above- water based on how heavy the pots feel.  They should be pretty light before you water them.  You said that parts of the soil are dry and parts are wet? how big are your pots?

About flushing- as I said above I am not super experienced.  But I can tell you this: it is hard to over flush your plants.  When I grew (I have done one sucessful indoor grow, a few plants for about 4 months) I would flush whenever something was going wrong, and then try to figure out how to fix it.

Get that camera working.  You need to look into training techniques.  Look up SCROG on the search bar or something.  You will need to research training methods or your sativa dom. plant will rage out of control of your 250 watt hps and not yield a lot.  But what it does yield will be beautiful.

I'll try to get some more experienced people over here to help your ass.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#342533 - 01/07/10 06:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:strokebeard: I'm pretty sure HPS is better for flowering.....

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#342549 - 01/07/10 06:46 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
:strokebeard: I'm pretty sure HPS is better for flowering.....

Yeah.  Never said it wasn't, but I was not clear.  should say, "Your plants will be perfectly happy under the HPS during the veg phase, although using the MH is slightly better during the veg phase a lot of people use HPS from the beginning.

Tripto- I like how you and I don't even grow now and we are the only people tryin to help this young brotha out.  get mo' people in here.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#342553 - 01/07/10 06:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

lol its just slow around here. Plus I think people dont like reading a novel to know what he wants :lol:

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#342571 - 01/07/10 06:56 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
lol its just slow around here. Plus I think people dont like reading a novel to know what he wants :lol:

Then they should not go to IC mag.  People post shit there that goes for days.

Offlineshakalaka
Stranger

#342690 - 01/07/10 08:15 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

ok since no one else is chiming in......these are my thoughts....

1) Do urself and ur plants a favor and pick up some quality hydroponic nutrient. General hydroponics 3 flora, GH flora nova, Canna, etc.
Pick up grow and bloom.

2) Before mix up some nute solution meant for seedlings...and then use that to flush. If the pot is 10 liters...water them with nutes till half of it runs out the bottom. Normally u want about 10% runoff, but to get rid of the 20/20/20 potential salt buildup....do more. and do about 20% for the next few waterings.

3) Keep the  250 about 2 feet away from the tops till it gets used to it and then lower it slowly everyday till its about 6 inches away...or if ur using a air cooled hood...u can bring it closer.

4) sativa's will stretch a lot during 12/12...so unless u have a lot of vertical room...and if ur gonna be using a 250 watter...try to keep them small...so small pots, and not much vegging time....or u'll be dealing with tall ass monsters.

any other questions?

OfflineEM455
 User Gallery

Re: flushing after watering and other newb questions [Re: shakalaka]
    #342882 - 01/07/10 11:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

WOW thanks a lot guys!

Triptonic: I KNOOOOW loool i write waaay too much xD it's one of those crazy obsessive defects I get sometimes :P

Shakalaka:

Thanks for all the great advise, I love it! I have a question though....Is it ok to use hydro ferts on soil?
How will I know the plant got used to the lights? after how many days should I bring the lights closer? (the question actually is when should I start getting the light closer)

SmOakland: First of all...thanks a lot!

I was using MH for veggin but the bulb went a bit nutz so the HPS is all I have for now. I'm glad to know she'll be ok with it! :smile:

I had no idea different strains may need different fert regimen, that may complicate things a bit since I would have to figure that out for each strain. I have lot's of different strains (had 10 to start with) because I bought them by mix packs which have 5 seeds each of a different strain. I was going to grow 2 mainly indicas and one sativa, just to see how that went (because I  know sativas can be a bit of a hassle to grow), but as I said, killed the two indicas lol (they were Cheese and Church strain from the same company :frown: ).

If you or anybody else could find out about strawberry haze needs that would be awesome :laugh:

When I said some parts seem dry and others don't, I meant I think that could be happening and was worried about it. Because the top soil dries fast but I always kind of dig a bit in there and the soil right at the bottom is moist, so going from there I guess that if I dug even deeper then it would be even moister? I don't know it's more like a question/worry. My pots are around 3 or 4 gallons big, I don't remember exactly I think they're 4 gallons though, but I bought them some time ago so I'm not sure. I will fallow your advise on watering :smile:

About the size of the plant, my plan was to do a short veg so it didn't get too big...I like them a bit big though :P as long as yeild is just as big :wink: So would I still need training techs/SOG ? I have around 4 (maybe more) foot of vertical space, but of course that's not counting the vertical space occupied by the pot (it's a bit tall, maybe a quarter of a foot or a half?) and the space occupied by the lamp (bulb + reflective hood)...they're not too big either though...I would say I have 3, maybe 3 and a half foot of vertical space (not sure i'm really bad measuring things like that)...well just so you get an Idea it's a homebox S...the dimensions are *looking online*...*done*
31.5" wide x 31.5" deep x 63" tall (or at least that says the first result on google)....that's 5,25 foot so I should have at least a good 4 foot to grow! :laugh: (at least now that I have only one plant).

Now I assume with a big plant you would have trouble getting light to the lower buds...can I fix that putting  a couple of fluorescent lamps looking from down, up? (don't really know if I can/should put more HID's in there).

I will do my best to get the camara working, it's a bit of a shitty camera though lol...I did take some pictures with my webcam but nothing interesting on them just the little cups I used to germinate under the fluo light and two pictures of germinated seed (you can't eve see it's a seed) and a pic of one of the rotten roots of the plants that died (really bad quality as well).

LOOOOL about you writing it all in the ratings xD

Edited by EM455 (01/07/10 11:51 PM)

Offlineshakalaka
Stranger

#342925 - 01/08/10 01:16 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

WOW thanks a lot guys!

Triptonic: I KNOOOOW loool i write waaay too much xD it's one of those crazy obsessive defects I get sometimes :P

...............see it as a defect of others for not being able to read much :wink:

Shakalaka:

Thanks for all the great advise, I love it! I have a question though....Is it ok to use hydro ferts on soil?

............yes its fine in most cases. what kind of soil did u end up buying...was there any fertilizer added? organics would be good but slow release chem fertz might pose a problem in some cases.
what size pots are they in now? maybe u can repot them into coco +perlite or organic potting mix + perlite.

How will I know the plant got used to the lights?

.............well if the plant looks healthy and green and not stressed or curled...lower the lights slowly to acclimatize it.

after how many days should I bring the lights closer? (the question actually is when should I start getting the light closer)

...............in my experience...once the plant has 1 or 2 sets of true leaves....start lowering from 2 feet down to 6 inches.

SmOakland: First of all...thanks a lot!

I was using MH for veggin but the bulb went a bit nutz so the HPS is all I have for now. I'm glad to know she'll be ok with it! :smile:

..............u will be fine with HPS all the way through....i like mh for veg and hps+mh for flowering.

I had no idea different strains may need different fert regimen, that may complicate things a bit since I would have to figure that out for each strain.

...............dont worry about that shit now bra....just keep er simple. Diff strains have diff needs...if u wanna tweak shit till ur gettin potent ass shit at 2 pounds or more per light....thats when ur worried about that. For now...just keep to the basic requirements and u'll be more than fine.

I have lot's of different strains (had 10 to start with) because I bought them by mix packs which have 5 seeds each of a different strain. I was going to grow 2 mainly indicas and one sativa, just to see how that went (because I  know sativas can be a bit of a hassle to grow), but as I said, killed the two indicas lol (they were Cheese and Church strain from the same company :frown: ).

..........it happens...how did it kill them? GET SOME BLOODY PICS MAN....AND I WILL WALK U THROUGH THIS WEEKLY...I PROMISE. So will others.

If you or anybody else could find out about strawberry haze needs that would be awesome :laugh:

When I said some parts seem dry and others don't, I meant I think that could be happening and was worried about it. Because the top soil dries fast but I always kind of dig a bit in there and the soil right at the bottom is moist, so going from there I guess that if I dug even deeper then it would be even moister?

....................dont be diggin around in ur pot. It disturbs the roots and stresses them out unnecessarily. What most ppl do is pick up the pot when its well watered....and then pick up a dry pot to mentally gauge the difference. Its pretty easy and it works. Pick up the pot to judge watering needs. With hydro ferts and potting mix/perlite at 50-50...u should be fine watering everyday...no over watering issues if the drainage is good. In fact its beneficial to water more often.

I don't know it's more like a question/worry. My pots are around 3 or 4 gallons big, I don't remember exactly I think they're 4 gallons though, but I bought them some time ago so I'm not sure. I will fallow your advise on watering :smile:

About the size of the plant, my plan was to do a short veg so it didn't get too big...I like them a bit big though :P as long as yeild is just as big :wink: So would I still need training techs/SOG ?

..........checkout my grow log to see how long sativa's stretch...its ridiculous sometimes. U need to prune them as well to keep them short...cuz ur using bigger pots...it will promote lots of growth during 12/12. how big are ur plants now? could u transplant to smaller pots?

I have around 4 (maybe more) foot of vertical space, but of course that's not counting the vertical space occupied by the pot (it's a bit tall, maybe a quarter of a foot or a half?) and the space occupied by the lamp (bulb + reflective hood)...they're not too big either though...I would say I have 3, maybe 3 and a half foot of vertical space (not sure i'm really bad measuring things like that)...well just so you get an Idea it's a homebox S...the dimensions are *looking online*...*done*
31.5" wide x 31.5" deep x 63" tall (or at least that says the first result on google)....that's 5,25 foot so I should have at least a good 4 foot to grow! :laugh: (at least now that I have only one plant).

Now I assume with a big plant you would have trouble getting light to the lower buds...can I fix that putting  a couple of fluorescent lamps looking from down, up? (don't really know if I can/should put more HID's in there).

.............its not really the space u have that im worried about...its the 250watter...which doesnt throw the effective light very far. So u will get spindly buds at the bottoms of the plants.
I suggest googling SCROG (screen of green)...and learning how to do that...it will work well with few plants and smaller bulbs.
how many plants do u have? do u wanna keep mothers at all?

I will do my best to get the camara working, it's a bit of a shitty camera though lol...I did take some pictures with my webcam but nothing interesting on them just the little cups I used to germinate under the fluo light and two pictures of germinated seed (you can't eve see it's a seed) and a pic of one of the rotten roots of the plants that died (really bad quality as well).

LOOOOL about you writing it all in the ratings

OfflineEM455
 User Gallery

Re: flushing after watering and other newb questions [Re: shakalaka]
    #343249 - 01/08/10 01:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

shakalaka said:...............see it as a defect of others for not being able to read much :wink:

I will :wink: :P

Quote:

shakalaka said:............yes its fine in most cases. what kind of soil did u end up buying...

I bought some "normal" nursery soil, the one you can find everywhere, the bag says: Phillips chevron advanced formula for life...that's pretty much all I know about the soil!

Quote:

shakalaka said:was there any fertilizer added?

Nop

Quote:

shakalaka said:organics would be good but slow release chem fertz might pose a problem in some cases.

I haven't used organic ferts precisely because of that, I'm not ready to deal with slow release etc yet.

Quote:

shakalaka said:what size pots are they in now? maybe u can repot them into coco +perlite or organic potting mix + perlite.

The pots are 3-4 gallons big...I think more like 4 gallons, it would be hard for me to transplant since I don't know how far the roots have already spread on that pot.

Quote:

shakalaka said:How will I know the plant got used to the lights?

.............well if the plant looks healthy and green and not stressed or curled...lower the lights slowly to acclimatize it.

...............in my experience...once the plant has 1 or 2 sets of true leaves....start lowering from 2 feet down to 6 inches.

Thanks! that's kind of what I did!

Quote:

shakalaka said:...............dont worry about that shit now bra....just keep er simple. Diff strains have diff needs...if u wanna tweak shit till ur gettin potent ass shit at 2 pounds or more per light....thats when ur worried about that. For now...just keep to the basic requirements and u'll be more than fine.

I'll keep it simple, would love to know about those special needs though since "potent ass shit at 2 pounds or more per light" sounds very attractive! :wink: I know i'm not ready for that yet but wouldn't mind knowing in the future :smile: but yeah I have to learn how to keep a plant healthy and alive until harvest first loool

Quote:

shakalaka said:..........it happens...how did it kill them? GET SOME BLOODY PICS MAN....AND I WILL WALK U THROUGH THIS WEEKLY...I PROMISE. So will others.

I overwatered before they even had leaves xD and the little roots got rotten but I think I learned the lesson :smile: I will do my best to get pictures at least weekly, they will be bad quality pics though until I'm able to get a decent camera, I will start taking pictures tomorrow probably! THANKS! for the help, I would love that!

Quote:

shakalaka said:....................dont be diggin around in ur pot. It disturbs the roots and stresses them out unnecessarily. What most ppl do is pick up the pot when its well watered....and then pick up a dry pot to mentally gauge the difference. Its pretty easy and it works. Pick up the pot to judge watering needs. With hydro ferts and potting mix/perlite at 50-50...u should be fine watering everyday...no over watering issues if the drainage is good. In fact its beneficial to water more often.

So it's ok to water even if it's not completely dry ? I'm just a bit paranoid about watering since well, I drown my other two plants xD Is there some kind of soil humidity measuring meter you can use to know exactly when to water?

Quote:

shakalaka said:..........checkout my grow log to see how long sativa's stretch...its ridiculous sometimes. U need to prune them as well to keep them short...cuz ur using bigger pots...it will promote lots of growth during 12/12. how big are ur plants now? could u transplant to smaller pots?

I will go and check you grow log right now! My plant is small, has like 3 sets of true leaves...I could transplant to a smaller pot but would be hard to know how far the root system has spread through the pot/soil so I could really hurt the plant doing so...I don't know though

Quote:

shakalaka said:.............its not really the space u have that im worried about...its the 250watter...which doesnt throw the effective light very far. So u will get spindly buds at the bottoms of the plants.
I suggest googling SCROG (screen of green)...and learning how to do that...it will work well with few plants and smaller bulbs.
how many plants do u have? do u wanna keep mothers at all?

Right now I have only one plant growing....in the future I'm planting on growing 3 plants at a time, maximum 5 but that will happen in the future, right now, only one (since the 2 others died lol)...I've been reading about SCROG sounds very interesting, will try to learn as much about it as I can. I'm not planning on keeping mothers yet or cloning...I have to learn a little bit about growing from seed first...

Well, thank you soooo much for your answers! you guys are great :laugh:

OfflineEM455
 User Gallery

#343361 - 01/08/10 04:01 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I couldn't find your grow log :frown:  where are those anyway? xD

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#343370 - 01/08/10 04:25 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

EM455 said:
I couldn't find your grow log :frown:  where are those anyway? xD

You are about to get T-Dome privileges.  10 posts and 30 days gets you in.  See you in there.

Sounds like you are well on your way with this grow. Research SCROG.  And you might want to look into cloning and practice (Strawberry Haze might be a difficult strain to clone though).  Cloning is very useful. 

You said you got 10 seeds and germed 3 and killed 2?  What strains do you have left?

OfflineEM455
 User Gallery

#343396 - 01/08/10 05:06 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Great! see you there then!

I will look that up...have already been reading about SCROG :smile:

If you guys find anything about strain specific nutrional needs, I would like that even if I don't use the info on this specific grow, it will be useful for my next one

The strains I got left (all from greenhouse co):

mostly sativas: Hawaiian snow, Neville's haze, arjan's haze # 1, supersilver haze

mostly indicas: Train wreck, Lemon skunk, and El niƱo

Thanks for everything!

OfflineEM455
 User Gallery

#343426 - 01/08/10 05:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

So these are the only pics I could get from my crappy camera...anytime I try to get the cam closer, it looks blurry so most pictures are from further away :frown:  you decide if it's worth posting on a grow log...I'll try to get a better camera for my next grow...I'm broke right now though, bought way too much shit for christmas xD

Actually I just uploaded the pics but have no idea how to put them in the post so you guys can see them xD sorry

Edit: you can see them on the "pictures" part of my profile in a folder called ok (here at the shroomery)

Edit2: Forget all I said, just figured out how to post the pics ! :P

this is my set up :

My out fan:

This is why I can't get my lights as "down" as I would like:

What I did about was putting my container on top of another container for now lol

these are the two plants that died during germination:

The plant I have now when she was younger:

the following pics are of the plant as it is now (just took them):

Edited by EM455 (01/08/10 06:43 PM)

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#343436 - 01/08/10 05:44 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Triple post lol.

OfflineEM455
 User Gallery

#343443 - 01/08/10 05:55 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

loool so sorry, I'll see how I can erase them

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#343444 - 01/08/10 05:56 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

nah its not your fault dont worry about it :lol: I just thought it was funny.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals