Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblestarrider

First Grow W/Pics
    #331304 - 12/14/09 03:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This is the plant that I overdosed with N. It seems that the yellowish color has turned to green now. I'm a Little concerned that the stem is laying down instead of standing straight up.

I started on 12-3-09. It has been 11 days and this is what my plant looks like.

I would like some feed back.

The green moss like substance in the red circle, not really sure what it is. Any help?

This is what I have been doing so far:
Temp has been a steady 77.6F

24hrs of light

Used potting soil. Told that this is a bad idea.

Watered with a 1/2 gal of water with organic food mixed in. 1/4c of organic food to 1 gal(8-0-0)

5 days grow, noticed that the leaves were turning yellow. Read a little and learned that the plant needed N. I also read that the plant should only need water for the first few weeks of the plant's life.

I overdosed on the N. After watering the plant with the fortified water, the plant drooped over.

The second set of leaves have been growing ever since.

Any input that could help me?

I'm also wondering if I should start over or continue with this grow just to learn. And will it grow buds if a female?

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblueberry D
Male User Gallery

Loc: michigan
Re: First Grow W/Pics [Re: starrider]
    #331652 - 12/15/09 07:32 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That def. looks like your soil is molding due to over watering.

Invisiblestarrider

Re: First Grow W/Pics [Re: blueberry D]
    #331725 - 12/15/09 11:32 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I thought that I did over water. That was in an attempt to add N into the soil and than I overdosed with N and than I tried to dilute N. I haven't watered for 3 days now. I thought that I would like the soil dry out a little before adding a little water.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #331848 - 12/15/09 04:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

What's fortified water??  Are you checking the pH of your water??  I have never had mold in my soil so I can't really help you there.

If this turns out a female, yes it will grow buds.  And if you do some research and buy a book or two you could very well come out with some good product.  Don't give up on this plant.

How big is your container that it's in??  Don't water this thing for awhile man, it's only a new seedling and can't take up a whole lot.  Let the soil dry out quite a bit before you start watering again.

"Potting soil" isn't inherently bad, it just depends on the type of potting soil you get.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisiblestarrider

Re: First Grow W/Pics [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #332190 - 12/16/09 10:20 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It's in a 5 gal bucket. I do have several books. It's just that I have to start some where and learn about the growing process.

Is it possible to scrape off the mold anbd continue growing the plant?

--------------------

William Blake

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #332318 - 12/16/09 01:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

What's fortified water??  Are you checking the pH of your water??

If that's in a 5 gallon bucket you could get away with watering it once a month with the size of your plant

You could try scraping off the mold, but i'm sure it's below the surface of your soil as well.  Hopefully Magash can pipe in and give some suggestions for that.  I've never dealt with it myself.

--------------------

-niteowl

Invisiblestarrider

#332620 - 12/17/09 03:57 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Will the mold hurt the plant?

The plant seems to be doing very well. Bright green, large healthy leaves are growing. I'm not going to give up on the plant.

The only thing I don't like is the stem is bent but other than that everything seems to be the same as to what I'm reading.

--------------------

William Blake

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #332990 - 12/17/09 08:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Is there a reason you refuse to answer questions???

--------------------

-niteowl

Invisiblestarrider

#333103 - 12/18/09 01:43 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Fortified water had organic liquid food in it and the ph is fine. No problems there.

But you missed my question on the original post. I wanted to know if going back to 24hrs light would confuse the plant? The plant only had two days of 14/10 cycle.

--------------------

William Blake

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder