Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

buying from hydroponic stores
    #328045 - 12/07/09 12:37 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

how safe do you think this is to go to your local hydro shop and buy? im always a bit paranoid about it. i mean, its winter (pretty much). not many people grow shit inside their houses during the winter, especially using HID lights and hydroponic setups. it almost screams "im growing marijuana!!!"

ive been in mine a few times recently picking up a light, soil, perlite, ph testers, fertilizers, pots, and even sun hut grow tent. almost everything i need to grow dank. except the fox farm tri bloom pack... ill get that at a later date when money is more abundant.

ive been in trouble for growin the ganj before, im just wondering how safe it is to be going there, being as young as i am, and my physical appearance and way of dressing. i guess they can watch me all they want, but until i throw something away like a receipt or clipping or any trash from the grow, they cant do jack shit.

plus, ive only got a few plants. doing time is nothing to me. id be out in 2 years. i dont have anything worth while going on out here so i dont see why i should give a fuck about growing dank again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: buying from hydroponic stores [Re: Pilze]
    #328050 - 12/07/09 12:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

BTW, mods, admins: im not sure if this is the best forum to have posted this in, so feel free to move it to a better suited one. i guess marijuana cultivation forum is the best... im high so i didnt think about it :shrug:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #328052 - 12/07/09 12:52 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Nah this is good Smoke Lounge material.

I wouldn't worry about it.  More people DO grow legal plants indoors in the winter than you think!

Even my GF's mom has MH's in a room in the basement keeping all of her expensive perennials growing through the winter.

Think about it.  She's even a stoner and doesn't use that grow room for ANYTHING illegal... well except my gf's single female plant.  But thats hers and not her moms.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: buying from hydroponic stores [Re: Inverted]
    #328053 - 12/07/09 12:53 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Besides, most people who work at a hydro shop work there because they have EXPERIENCE with indoor gardening.  Just keep your eyes peeled, I bet most of them chuff nugs :shrug:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#328056 - 12/07/09 12:58 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

yea. the people working there seem like they're cool bud smokers than just decided to open a hydro store to have legit money coming in. which is a smart fuckin idea if ya ask me. i would love that. knowing everything about soil, hydro, and aeroponics, open a store, sell everything, and do my own thing at my house cause at that point id have access to anything and everything i could possibly ever need to grow the dankdank.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #328071 - 12/07/09 01:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

how big is your town and how far are your activities from the hydro store?  I mean like work, grocery store, school, home, etc - places where you would see people you know, who you wouldn't want seeing you at a hydro store?  I don't worry about it too much.  Pay with cash and go in and out if you're really paranoid.  I recommend buying your gear there over the internet.  Support your local community, especially the local hydro shops!  Where else could I immediately get some nutes if i unexpectedly ran out?

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #328078 - 12/07/09 01:40 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

its winter (pretty much). not many people grow shit inside their houses during the winter

Winter is precisely the time when people will grow more shit inside their homes, because they won't be able to do it outdoors!

Here in California, it's no big thing going into any ol' hydro shop, but I can see that if you live in some small town in the middle of nowhere, with exceptionally prohibitive drug laws, you will want to take extra precautions.

Though I support what FurrowedBrow said about supporting your local businesses - I would rather order over the internet if the area I lived in was notoriously hard on drugs and did not hold a large population with which I could get lost amidst.  Otherwise, you can always ask a friend to drive you, take public transportation, make sure to go to other places in between your visit to the store and your visit back to wherever you are growing (go see a movie, visit a friend, have dinner, shop, etc).

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: buying from hydroponic stores [Re: geokills]
    #328109 - 12/07/09 02:41 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i live in a city of about 100,000. i usually drive around quite a bit all over back and forth, in all directions after leaving the store. every time. i can always see if anyone is tailing me.

like i said, i dont think i can get busted if i dont throw anything away. the only people who know about the grow are either the people who gave me the cuttings, or a friend of mine who has a mushroom grow going on at their place, so im not worried about them.

gotta be paranoid when doing this shit, ya know? everything must be well thought out. cant fuck around when ur doing this shit.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#328363 - 12/07/09 08:18 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

They use to watch the grow stores in the early 90s now there are just way to many of them to try and watch them.

Two they wouldn't need to follow you they are the DEA and this isn't tv land. They just need to take your picture or get a license plate number.

and they are not gonna follow everybody who goes into the hydro stores cause the know that most of the people that go into the stores won't harvest a thing or very little. 95% of the people that try this little hobby give a few attempts give up and the equipment gathers dust. Next best thing to buying workout equipment on late night tv. :wexican:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: buying from hydroponic stores [Re: Magash]
    #328371 - 12/07/09 08:34 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
They use to watch the grow stores in the early 90s now there are just way to many of them to try and watch them.

Two they wouldn't need to follow you they are the DEA and this isn't tv land. They just need to take your picture or get a license plate number.

and they are not gonna follow everybody who goes into the hydro stores cause the know that most of the people that go into the stores won't harvest a thing or very little. 95% of the people that try this little hobby give a few attempts give up and the equipment gathers dust. Next best thing to buying workout equipment on late night tv. :wexican:

true. i was thinking about this earlier today. ive already been there and bought a bunch of soil, perlite, pots, HPS light, and a fucking grow tent. i figure since ive been there so many times, if the cops want to fuck me, theyll fuck me.

but they cant search my place without a warrant, and warrants are hard to get here. thats what the cops told me when i got popped with 2 plants a few years back. as long as i dont throw anything away in my garbage, and those who know are as legit as i think, ill be fine.

another thing, a couple guys in town got busted with HUGE grow houses. one guy had 150 plants the other guy had 300. it took the cops 45 minutes to find the grow INSIDE the fuckin house. they made fake walls in the basement and had everything hidden and set up. now, if i was going in the store and buying 10 600 watt HPS systems, those giant bags of soil, giant jugs of fertilizer, i think theyd like to spend more time watching them than me, or anyone else not on that level.

those guys went to another hydro store 120 miles away to buy their shit. dumbass with the 300 plants is how they got the warrant. they found clippings, a bill in his name, and a receipt from the hydro store... plus he was using 7-8x the electricity as any other house on his street. the other guy with 150 used 3-4x as much.

im just paranoid, but ive got a small op goin on that should be done in 3 months. im not too worried. if i go down, im goin down hard.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale