Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: captain.koons]
    #324858 - 12/01/09 07:46 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

KOONS, you still dont't fucking understand I was harvesting over a 10 week flowering period. I had several setups that I would combine to reach the 64 plant level. Magash, I wasn't fully truthful, I kind of forgot that I was clipping branches to help keep the spear but I was gifted several clones from my good friend that grew rather compact and he said he bought the from online originally. Also, I swear I remember reading a published article about birth control boosting growths. To be 100% honest I did get a monster plant that grew taller than my hand can reach which is 8ft plus it fell over and I staked it and it continued to grow about two arm lengths. I promise I will record all data this summer and attempt to recreate it and if I cant you can ban me.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #324953 - 12/01/09 11:43 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TheShroomJew23 said:
I had a grow like this a year ago. I built an aeroponic system out of 4in pvc and 1in pvc that gave each plant 6in^2 to grow in. It had 64 plants and was 4x4ft, I grew each plant to 3ft and I used a hybrid so I would get long thick main buds with not much branching so the light penatrated very far down. I could easily pull a few ounces a plant and I harvested about 13 plants every week.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineTomCollins

#324968 - 12/02/09 01:02 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TheShroomJew23 said:
I promise I will record all data this summer and attempt to recreate it and if I cant you can ban me.

You know, I think if you just show us some of the results of one of your indoor grows you would stop getting thrashed like this. :shrug:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: TomCollins]
    #325360 - 12/02/09 04:47 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not calling anybody a liar. I have some major problems with some of the claims though.

Now
Quote:

I could easily pull a few ounces a plant and I harvested about 13 plants every week.

In order for this to happen there needs to be way way more space then 4x4 this is not going to happen in terms of a kilo every few weeks.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #325383 - 12/02/09 05:04 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
Quote:

TheShroomJew23 said:
I had a grow like this a year ago. I built an aeroponic system out of 4in pvc and 1in pvc that gave each plant 6in^2 to grow in. It had 64 plants and was 4x4ft, I grew each plant to 3ft and I used a hybrid so I would get long thick main buds with not much branching so the light penatrated very far down. I could easily pull a few ounces a plant and I harvested about 13 plants every week.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #326171 - 12/03/09 04:56 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

fuck, you guys are all nubs.  I harvest 10 kilos every three days.

Learn to grow.

:P :wink: :laugh:

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: coda]
    #326320 - 12/03/09 08:19 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

and your only using a 250watt and 2sq feet of space. :wink::crazymonkey:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: Magash]
    #326436 - 12/03/09 10:14 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I've always wondered what buds taste like from a 250watt :laugh:

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblenight trainV
Male

Loc: Midwest, US
    #326757 - 12/04/09 03:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You should never mix bottled nutes together by themselves before adding them to water.  Always add nutes to water separately for best results.

OfflineTomCollins

Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: night train]
    #326825 - 12/04/09 04:41 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah in fact with most nutes, if I'm not mistaken, there's a specific order you have to add the nutes to the water to get optimal results.

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineMr. Hands
Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: TomCollins]
    #342222 - 01/07/10 10:53 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well, things are looking up.  I got a much higher quality PH tester and am now managing to keep the PH between 5.6-5.8.  The plants look much healthier.

I am still interested in trying out the Flora Nova nutrients.  But, I have a bunch of the B.C. stuff left.  Is it possible to vegetate and do the first two weeks of fruiting with the B.C. stuff and then empty the resevoir and finish the remaining six weeks with Flora Nova?  Or will the two types of nutrients clash and hurt or hinder the plants?

OfflineMr. Hands
Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: Mr. Hands]
    #342227 - 01/07/10 11:02 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Oh, and another thing.  I am feeding four times a day during the light cycle at 15 minutes a pop.  Is that enough?  Everything looks pretty green so I assume it is, but I thought I would ask anyway.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #343515 - 01/08/10 06:49 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

you should be ok.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineMr. Hands
Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: coda]
    #374332 - 02/26/10 08:05 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, I'm back!

I bought the FloraNova Bloom and Grow and am looking to get started.  But, I am still a little lost.  I looked at the back of the jug and the chart posted in this thread and the listed amounts per gallon are not the same.  Also, when it says "add 12.5 ml per gallon of water" how long does said nutrient solution last?  Does it last one week and then I have to add another 12.5 ml?  Or does it last longer?

Here's my setup:

Week 1: Start one week of pure vegetative cycle with clones.
Week 2: Start week 1 of budding cycle.
Week 3: Start week 2 of budding cycle.

-I use a mild mix of vegetative and fruiting nutrients that carries the crop through these first three weeks.  I then empty and clean out the resevoir for the start of Week 4.

Week 4: Start week 3 of budding cycle.
Week 5: Start week 4 of budding cycle.
Week 6: Start week 5 of budding cycle.
Week 7: Start week 6 of budding cycle.
Week 8: Start week 7 of budding cycle.
Week 9: Start week 8 of budding cycle.
Week 10: End week 8 of budding cycle and harvest.

-I don't have the ability to empty the resevoir every week.  I only do it at the beginning of my vegetative cycle and the beginning of week 3 of the budding cycle.  So, any nutrients I dump in there from week 3 of the budding cycle and on are going to stay in there.  Of course, I am worried about toxic nutrient/salt buildup.  During the last week I don't empty the resevoir of nutes, but I do add a bunch of fresh water to do the whole "last week cleansing thing".

I think I need somebody to hold my hand and give me step-by-step instructions as to what I should do exactly week-by-week.  :tongue2:

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #374344 - 02/26/10 08:20 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

you mix new batches of nutrients. or at least you should.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineMr. Hands
    #374373 - 02/26/10 09:00 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
you mix new batches of nutrients. or at least you should.

I realize that is optimal.  But, I do not have the ability to empty the resevoir other than the beginning of week 3 of the fruiting cycle.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #374378 - 02/26/10 09:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I've grown literally 100lbs off 1 plant in 2 weeks of flowering, using nothing but cat piss as a nutriant. And that was after I nuked my seeds in the microwave.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #374390 - 02/26/10 09:34 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

if that's the case you have the option of topping off your reservoir.

I believe there's a section somewhere in here about topping off your reservoir.

http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/profiles.htm

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineTomCollins

Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: Triptonic]
    #374468 - 02/27/10 02:47 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
I've grown literally 100lbs off 1 plant in 2 weeks of flowering, using nothing but cat piss as a nutriant. And that was after I nuked my seeds in the microwave.

:picdidnthappen:

--------------------
andyistic said:

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #374571 - 02/27/10 11:54 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Mr. Hands said:
Ok, I'm back!

I bought the FloraNova Bloom and Grow and am looking to get started.  But, I am still a little lost.  I looked at the back of the jug and the chart posted in this thread and the listed amounts per gallon are not the same.  Also, when it says "add 12.5 ml per gallon of water" how long does said nutrient solution last?  Does it last one week and then I have to add another 12.5 ml?  Or does it last longer?

Here's my setup:

Week 1: Start one week of pure vegetative cycle with clones.
Week 2: Start week 1 of budding cycle.
Week 3: Start week 2 of budding cycle.

-I use a mild mix of vegetative and fruiting nutrients that carries the crop through these first three weeks.  I then empty and clean out the resevoir for the start of Week 4.

Week 4: Start week 3 of budding cycle.
Week 5: Start week 4 of budding cycle.
Week 6: Start week 5 of budding cycle.
Week 7: Start week 6 of budding cycle.
Week 8: Start week 7 of budding cycle.
Week 9: Start week 8 of budding cycle.
Week 10: End week 8 of budding cycle and harvest.

-I don't have the ability to empty the resevoir every week.  I only do it at the beginning of my vegetative cycle and the beginning of week 3 of the budding cycle.  So, any nutrients I dump in there from week 3 of the budding cycle and on are going to stay in there.  Of course, I am worried about toxic nutrient/salt buildup.  During the last week I don't empty the resevoir of nutes, but I do add a bunch of fresh water to do the whole "last week cleansing thing".

I think I need somebody to hold my hand and give me step-by-step instructions as to what I should do exactly week-by-week.  :tongue2:

First thing I can say is don't use 12.5 ml per gallon of FN Grow more like 5 to 8 ml per gallon is enough, man.

I would also say find a way to change out that res, if not invest in a PPM meter to help prevent from over feeding.

I use FN myself and when starting feeding on new seedlings, or clones ready for feed I start with 2.5 ml per gallon the first week, then move up to 5 ml every week after for veg.

As for the first week of blooming I use 5 and 5 ml per gallon of FNG and FNB, and before I started using all the extra boosters I would run 8 to 10 ml per gallon FNB up to flush time.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals