Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMr. Hands
What am I doing wrong here?
    #321822 - 11/26/09 09:29 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have two ebb and flow tables.  One I use for a week of vegetative and then the first three weeks of fruiting.  Then I move it to the other table for the last five weeks of fruiting.  I am using B.C. nutrients (B.C. Boost, B.C. Bloom, Awesome Blossoms, etc..).  I am following the instructions and making sure that the PH is good. 

Things look great for the first few weeks then about week 4-5 of fruiting I start seeing a rust-type thing invade my leaves.  It continues and by the time it's ready to harvest the fruits are stringy and never reach their full potential.  My PH is 5.8-6.3, but I am experimenting with 5.6 now to see what happens.

Should I try different nutes?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejoshisstoned
strange
Male
Loc: Akron
Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: Mr. Hands]
    #321832 - 11/26/09 10:36 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That is really peculiar that this happened to you. I picked up the "recipe for success" starter kit with the bc bloom, boost, etc. i used the awesome bolossom and all that and I encountered the same thing. I thought it was some kind of bug i hadnt discovered yet. i cant believe i read this. the problem became apparent when a month into flowering and the yield was way off. I only got 1/4 p from a 1000w and was pissed! i used to use flora nova and it was boss! i'd swithc to flora nova! i plan on it if i ever get going again.

--------------------
Give me the bat wendy!

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: joshisstoned]
    #322004 - 11/26/09 02:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have used the recipe for success with great results, you have to flush weekly though.

--------------------

OfflineMr. Hands
Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #322029 - 11/26/09 03:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

What exactly do you do?  Please give me a step-by-step instruction guide.

I have to hand haul the water to and from my resevoir.  Continually emptying and filling it is not an option (I would be busy for 4 hours each day).  Is there an easier way or a certain brand of nutrients where I have to do as little maintenance as is possible?  I am lazy.

OfflineTomCollins

#322165 - 11/27/09 04:28 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

General Hydroponics Flora Nova Series. People rave about it on here.

Quote:

TheShroomJew23 said:
I have used the recipe for success with great results, you have to flush weekly though.

You've just about done all there is to do cultivating pot, haven't you? :tongue:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineMr. Hands
Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: TomCollins]
    #322173 - 11/27/09 08:02 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Does Flora Nova come with step by step instructions that will guide me through everything?  For example, if I did not have the little guide that came with the B.C. stuff I would have never known that I had to use B.C. Boost, B.C. Bloom, and Awesome Blossoms all at the same time and in certain quantities.

Also, is it possible for me to use the B.C. stuff in the early stages and then switch to Flora Nova in the third week of budding (merely so that I don't have to throw away all of the B.C. stuff I have).

OfflineTomCollins

#322211 - 11/27/09 09:30 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "step by step" but yes there are instructions that tell you how much to use and when.

http://www.generalhydroponics.com/genhydro_US/feeding_charts/GH_KeepItSimple_Recirculating.pdf

The GH website has lots of information that makes using their products seemingly very easy to use. They have both a feeding schedule and nutrient calculator. They also have PDF files of the labels on the bottles, and it seems that the bottles do have instructions telling how much to use and when.

I imagine you could swap the nutrients, though I think using the B.C. stuff would be a waste of time in comparison to the potential yields you could get by using the floranova stuff all the way through. Before you switch nutrients make sure you flush.

Magash would definitely be able to give you some great info. I'm sure he'll give his two cents at some point, if not send him a PM. :smile:

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineMr. Hands
    #322279 - 11/27/09 12:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The chart you listed is not very descriptive.  It does not tell a person what weeks to do all of this stuff in.  Is the "Aggressive Bloom" formula for weeks 6 and 7 for example?

I usually vegetate for 1 week and then fruit for 8 weeks.  The reason I don't veg. long is because the plants just get too massive and I continually have to prune them and raise the light.  I like smaller more compact plants.

OfflineTomCollins

#322282 - 11/27/09 01:00 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Lol bro... First of all, plants aren't like that. You can't expect to be told exactly what weeks to do this stuff in. How can you expect a nutrient schedule to be the same for EVERY PLANT in EVERY circumstance possible? There are a lot of factors that play into growing. Lights for example. Different Cannabis strains require different amounts of time for vegging and fruiting. You have to play it by eye unfortunately.

Second of all, there is no "Aggressive bloom" formula. Please read the chart. "Aggressive bloom" merely refers to adding 2.5 extra ml of Floranova Bloom for a faster bloom. It's there merely to indicate that you can do this with floranova nutrients and what is the safe range for increasing the nutrient level. 

I don't know how much easier a chart can be? Would you like me to walk you through it? I'm not trying to be an ass but I honestly don't understand how you don't find the chart easy and informative. So like I said, I'll walk you through it if you want.

You veg for one week? From seedling to plant, you veg for one week? That's unusual. How tall do your plants get in that amount of time? Do you have pictures of your setup and the yields you pull? I'm actually very intrigued that you do this and successfully I assume? What strain do you grow? That's a real waste imo, you should consider a scrog or tying down to minimize the height of your plants. That way you could get a much higher yield per plant.

--------------------
andyistic said:

OfflineMr. Hands
    #322585 - 11/28/09 09:48 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I understand that some strains and indica vs. sativa do have different flowering times, but eight weeks is pretty standard for a lot of strains.  I have no clue what I have.  I got it from a friend of a friend of a friend.

I anticipate that I will be going to buy these Flora Nova nutrients in several weeks.  I will probably be popping in to ask questions about them.  I'm not terribly knowledgeable about all of this stuff so I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot.  The guy at the store just said to follow the B.C. instructions and keep my PH at 5.8-6.3 and everything else would take care of itself.  Well, he was wrong it appears.

I do clones.  Once they are rooted I put them under the H.P.S. and start the veg phase.  The plants continue to grow significantly during flowering.  If I veg them to a foot tall, they are three feet tall by the time I am done with flowering.  This makes them unmanageable.  Also, I end up with tons of tiny little fruits instead of the big monsters that we all want.  So, I have noticed that 1 week of vegging seems to work best.  At the end of the eight week period the plants are about a foot tall.

OfflineTomCollins

#322637 - 11/28/09 12:05 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ah I see. I didn't know you worked with clones. I was thinking, "seed to flowering in a week...That's just silly." :tongue:

Like I said, just play it by eye. Just use the recommended amount for growth and blooming. Also, just fyi: you don't need the floralicious stuff or the koolbloom. For the floranova series you only need the Grow and Bloom. :-)

--------------------
andyistic said:

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #322825 - 11/28/09 08:29 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Hands said:
Does Flora Nova come with step by step instructions that will guide me through everything?  For example, if I did not have the little guide that came with the B.C. stuff I would have never known that I had to use B.C. Boost, B.C. Bloom, and Awesome Blossoms all at the same time and in certain quantities.

Also, is it possible for me to use the B.C. stuff in the early stages and then switch to Flora Nova in the third week of budding (merely so that I don't have to throw away all of the B.C. stuff I have).

I hope this link will save you much time.

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/268294#268294

I have been running something close to it here.

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/284710#284710

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #323461 - 11/30/09 04:43 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TheShroomJew23 said:

I wouldn't listen to this chump, he seems to pull advise out of his ass.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: captain.koons]
    #323702 - 11/30/09 03:42 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

FUCK YOU CAPTAIN.KOONS, I HAVE USED THIS NUTRIENT SINCE 2004.

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #323825 - 11/30/09 05:24 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I have a close friend using the BC package as well.

He is running at half the recommended amount.

Does this sound about right to you?

Are you running anywhere near that or more?

This would help him greatly.

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: Stoneth]
    #324062 - 11/30/09 08:26 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

When I make my solution I make a master bottle that is just the pure nutrients combined. I then add half the normal amount and slowly bring the concentration up throughout several days depending on how the plants react. If mixed right and used catiously these nutrients produce some serious buds.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #324067 - 11/30/09 08:29 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

is that the year you built your 1kw cfl array?

or your 1kilo a week aeroponics setup?

or your no brancing 6week harvested strain which yields you 1kilo a week?

or the year you added birth control pills to your outdoor plants to yield a redwood sized cannabis plant?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: What am I doing wrong here? [Re: captain.koons]
    #324171 - 11/30/09 09:40 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Koons, just wondering if you can read. My aero system had 64 mutha fucking 3ft tall plants and I harvested a kilo per harvest but I did perpetual harvest to make drop time 2 weeks. There are several strains out on the market that grow like spears and branch minimally already. Finally, it is a proven theory that the hormones in birth control pills cause extreme growth in plants. Finally, GO FUCK YOUR TROLLS.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #324233 - 11/30/09 10:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TheShroomJew23 said:
Koons, just wondering if you can read. My aero system had 64 mutha fucking 3ft tall plants and I harvested a kilo per harvest but I did perpetual harvest to make drop time 2 weeks. There are several strains out on the market that grow like spears and branch minimally already. Finally, it is a proven theory that the hormones in birth control pills cause extreme growth in plants. Finally, GO FUCK YOUR TROLLS.

Ok, I'm having some problems with this.

Quote:

64 mutha fucking 3ft tall plants and I harvested a kilo per harvest but I did perpetual harvest to make drop time 2 weeks.

Now explain this. Sounds like you are saying you harvested a kilo every two weeks. Now if this is true you plants are over 4 times thicker then these

Quote:

There are several strains out on the market that grow like spears and branch minimally already.

Which ones? I had to breed my own that didn't branch.

Quote:

Finally, it is a proven theory that the hormones in birth control pills cause extreme growth in plants.

No it absolutely is not proven. Not even proven with tomatoes where this all started.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #324244 - 11/30/09 10:27 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TheShroomJew23 said:
I had a grow like this a year ago. I built an aeroponic system out of 4in pvc and 1in pvc that gave each plant 6in^2 to grow in. It had 64 plants and was 4x4ft, I grew each plant to 3ft and I used a hybrid so I would get long thick main buds with not much branching so the light penatrated very far down. I could easily pull a few ounces a plant and I harvested about 13 plants every week.

13 plants a week / 64 plants total = 4.6 week flowering time :laugh:

13plants @ 3oz (minimal of a few) = over a kilo a week

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom