Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
T5 Floros?
    #314934 - 11/12/09 09:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

What the hell are they? Are they good for growing? Veg or Flowering? Anyone use them? Seen any results from them?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: T5 Floros? [Re: Triptonic]
    #314952 - 11/12/09 09:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

T-5's are great.  I picked mine up from home depot, although it's not the high output T-5's you can buy from the hydro stores.  Still, it's done a lot better job then my T-12 has done for me.  I use mine strictly for veg though, once they hit 12/12 it's all about the HPS. 

Results were great for me, node spacing decreased, growth rate increased, light penetration seems to be much better judging from some of my lower and hidden branches growth.

All in all I'm convinced, I have two now and don't think I'll need any more then that unless I want to expand in the future.  But for now it will be enough to hold two moms and the occasional clone or two.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

#314964 - 11/12/09 09:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

My bro has some on his fish tank and he hates them because of the cost plus they don't last worth a shit.

Those are his words. Although I know he just bought some and within 6 months 1 burnt out...

I myself am trying to completely ween myself off flouro tubes.

I used to think they where great now I can't stand them.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: T5 Floros? [Re: DoPeYsMuRf]
    #315052 - 11/13/09 06:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

They have have a place in cloning and veg'ing.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: T5 Floros? [Re: DoPeYsMuRf]
    #315215 - 11/13/09 04:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DoPeYsMuRf said:
My bro has some on his fish tank and he hates them because of the cost plus they don't last worth a shit.

Those are his words. Although I know he just bought some and within 6 months 1 burnt out...

I myself am trying to completely ween myself off flouro tubes.

I used to think they where great now I can't stand them.

I know the bulbs for my T-5 run only like 6-7 bucks a piece, again it's not an HO setup so that's why they're cheap.  6 months isn't too bad for something that runs 24/0.  I don't know the MTTF of a T-5 bulb but 4,320 hours for one bulb is pretty decent.  I wouldn't expect to get more then a years worth of work out of your bulbs anyways.

Flo tubes do serve their purpose, like KaptKid said, but given the choice I do agree going with a HID setup would be more benefical (and judging from some of the LED threads, that may be the direction to head not to far down the road).  I don't have the room, or the money, to setup a closet capable of handling a 150 watt HID bulb and the appropriate equipment for veg.  So, Flo for me until I'm able to build that type of cabinet.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: T5 Floros? [Re: coda]
    #315237 - 11/13/09 05:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ya I was thinking led as well......But its hard to find info on them and looks like you have to supplement UV light along side it.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #315340 - 11/13/09 09:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Start small trip.  Check ebay for HPS.  Or even HTG Supply has a 250, remote ballast HPS w/ bulb for $120... Not bad dude.  If you can't afford that, start with a 150, even that will get you a decent harvest...  I found a 150 for $65, and one for $85 made by SunSystems (good, reputable company) shipped!  I'm thinking about grabbing one of the two shortly here as I already have the CFL's for supplement, just need 100 or 200 more watts of HPS to get some good sized dense colas.  I'll do it.  I'll get the money some way or another. :devil:  :lol:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: T5 Floros? [Re: Inverted]
    #315414 - 11/14/09 08:30 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Starting clones about it. Far as I'm concerned you can take every kind of floro out there and throw em in a landfill. There is nothing floro's can do that HID can't do better.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinetophernotsocool
Friend of Earth
Male

Loc: Milky Way Galaxy
Re: T5 Floros? [Re: Magash]
    #315417 - 11/14/09 10:32 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

floros can produce less heat which is what HIDs' cant do better.
and heat is a bad for vegitation.

--------------------
"and take me disappearing, through the smoke rings of my mind,
down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves,
the haunted frightened trees, out to the windy beach,
far from the twisted reach, of crazy sorrow.
yes the dance, beneath the diamond sky, with one hand waving free,
silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands,
with all memory and fate, driven deep beneath the waves,
let me forget about today, until tomorrow."~bob dylan

Edited by tophernotsocool (11/20/09 10:38 PM)

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: T5 Floros? [Re: tophernotsocool]
    #315418 - 11/14/09 10:36 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

tophernotsocool said:
my first operations were with regular cool white floro tubes like at schools and offices, worked okay.. but since my 400w hps/mh ballast floros are pretty much trash..

but floros can produce less heat which is what HIDs' cant do better.
and heat is a big part of getting busted.

im no expert like magash but are you saying flouro's are better than hids? because if so you are sadly mistaken

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: T5 Floros? [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #315420 - 11/14/09 11:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

but floros can produce less heat which is what HIDs' cant do better.

and this is exactly what I'm talking about cause this is just plain wrong.

People keep comparing the same wattage's. Figure if it takes 200watts of HID they go straight to the same floro bulb and vise versa. This is the mistake. If a closet grow has a 400 watt light that puts out 35000 lumen's in order for that person to get the same lumen's from floro's you need over 1000watts. When bulbs don't use the power to make light they make heat with it.

So simply put to get the same amount of light HID lights are much cooler. A 75watt HID can put out more light and less heat then 200watts of floro.

Quote:

and they can't raid your house over heat coming out of it no matter how funny it looks. In order to even do a heat check of the house they have to have a warrant. So if there checking your house for heat it means you have already fucked up bad enough for them to get a warrant so your pretty much already done.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: T5 Floros? [Re: Magash]
    #315573 - 11/14/09 07:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well said.  I found that the 175 MH i was using put off less heat than the 4 CFL's I was using before I got it...  The light penetration is something you can't beat w/ HID's...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds