Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: LSD as medicine! [Re: Inverted]
    #309778 - 11/04/09 01:20 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
Some one told me back in the day that if a person has taken 5 hits of acid over the course of their lives, they are considered legally insane!

Anyone else hear anything like this?

Yep, but I heard it was 3 hits of acid, and 5 or 6 shroom trips...

Who knows if that shits real.

Psychedelics provide a state of temporary insanity.  That's why when you OD on acid (or have a bad trip) they give you Thorazine, which is an anti-psychotic.  There are all sorts of myths about these drugs.  it's our responsibility (and obligation imo) to preach the truth to the ignorant. 

You guys haven't read chinacat's thumbprint thread, have ya?  Or his lsd crytalization thread.  that shit is a damn good read!  Also, i thought you had tripped many times before inverted.  I thought i read that somewhere.  Ehh, i've never tripped acid either.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD as medicine! [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #309784 - 11/04/09 01:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Okay well that theory about psychedelics providing a state of model psychosis was disproven back in the early 70's. Using LSD as a temporary psychosis to study schizophrenics was one of the first applied medicinal practices of the substance but was ultimately one of the reasons to discontinue medical uses because it didn't work as desired.

Thorazine will end your trip but only because it's an SSRI (serotonin re-uptake inhibitor) and any SSRI such as Risperdol, Paxil, or Zoloft will do the trick. Barbituates will dull the trip down to manageable levels if you're freaking out but wont entirely kill it like SSRI's. Speaking from experience (not my own but an ambulance came and picked up a dude off my drive-way) they don't give you thorazine (or any SSRI for that matter) when you're tripping. Medical practitioners these days are wise enough to know just to let it take it's course. As far as I know thorazine is mainly used as a sedative when people in custody are acting violently.

and to be quite honest I'm a bit tired of hearing people constantly referring to chinacat's threads. It's a good read but it's still all only anecdotal.

psychedelics provide a temporary state of sanity, provided the person is of good mind to begin with. I don't think anyone ever goes truly "insane" they just lose the ability to formally communicate with most people and it's easier just to label them than to try and understand them. To trip is just to go back to your inner-child before you were conditioned by the world.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD as medicine! [Re: elcharrosays]
    #309787 - 11/04/09 01:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:lol:  Chinacat's thread is a great read man.  He can only speak to his own experience which he does in great detail.  Most people i have talked with about it have really enjoyed it.  I have experienced the temporary insanity provided by a 7 gram mushroom trip.  It's def. a state of insanity.  That's beyond dispute to me, because i have experienced it and written about it quite extensively.  psychedelics are ultimately just a tool we use to explore realms of consciousness that aren't accessible any other way.  A wonderful tool at that.  We don't need to argue semantics here.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

#309788 - 11/04/09 01:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

semantics or conversation?

I mean like.. insanity is all relevant you know? What's crazy to you might be normal to me. There is a method to the madness and just because our average minds may not perceive doesn't mean it is pure insanity.

Chinacat's threads are a great read and I've gone through them several times myself but he's still only one person out of thousands.

--------------------

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

#309789 - 11/04/09 01:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

psychedelics are ultimately just a tool we use to explore realms of consciousness that aren't accessible any other way.  A wonderful tool at that.

yes they are keys that unlock what are already within our own minds but they are definitely not the only way. Meditation can actually provide all that these chemicals bring and more.

Quote:

When you get the message, hang up the phone.
- Ram Dass

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD as medicine! [Re: elcharrosays]
    #309923 - 11/04/09 07:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I've heard that before but wiht a bit different wording.  It was something like you use LSD to peak up to the top of the mountain but use the remainder of your life trying to access that place without the drug.  Or something thereabouts.  Can't comment on that too much as ive never experienced it.  But i am pretty sure that not everyone has the ability to reach those kinds of mental states without the use of the drug.  I wonder how many people claim to be devout meditators but only close their eyes and think they are getting there.  I think the number of people who actually reach enlightenment through meditation is beyond minuscule.  Personally, I have never been able to center myself through meditiation.  Perhaps because I am just ignorant and have no training or really made any effort to dive into meditative or zen studies.  The human mind is a fascinating object and I wish I knew more about.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
    #309961 - 11/04/09 08:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

FB: A couple of books that might help with your meditation (that is, if you're interested) are Be Here Now by the above-quoted Ram Dass, and for specifically buddhist meditation: Zen Mind Beginner's Mind which is a fantastic instructional guide to both the practices AND the reasoning behind meditation. The latter was very helpful to me.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD as medicine! [Re: 81renaissance]
    #309966 - 11/04/09 08:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the heads up!  I've heard of the first one but not the second.  I'd really love how to perform tantric sex.  you know anything about that?

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
    #309973 - 11/04/09 08:30 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

My girl is currently too impatient to practice tantric sex; that shit is a MAJOR commitment!
I've glanced at some articles, but I can't really help you.

I have heard that it is INCREDIBLE if you have the patience to study it, and I like the idea of spiritual sex as opposed to some of the other Indian disciplines that preach that desire is a weakness that we can overcome through spirituality.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order