Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: high yield help!!! [Re: psilonaut2000]
    #301469 - 10/21/09 07:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You know I wish I was

But I know my luck and I'd be

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsilonaut2000
Stranger

#302177 - 10/22/09 10:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

"Nobody in this thread said that, have no idea where you got that. Weed is far more in demand but the money is spread out amongst (and this isn't a joke) millions of growers." 

Now I think this is the reason that there are no cannabis millionaires, the industry is spread out, instead of having Pablo Escabar of cannabis you have his company spread out over millions of people. I wonder why millions of people grow weed in the USA instead of Manufacturing heroin or crack? Hmmmm If crack and heroin are so profitable then why arent millions of Americans manufacturing them?

OfflineslimDUTCHES
Current Grow: 2 Bageed babes
Male User Gallery

Loc: North West Hemisphere
    #302193 - 10/22/09 11:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

cuz weed is the shit son

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #302206 - 10/22/09 11:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

the industry is spread out, instead of having Pablo Escabar of cannabis you have his company spread out over millions of people.

Why is that? Becauese it takes way more pot then coke to make millions. There is still way more demand for weed then the supply plenty of room for somebody to become the Pablo of weed.

Quote:

I wonder why millions of people grow weed in the USA instead of Manufacturing heroin or crack?

Well most of the crack in the US is made in the US just like meth. The government here regulates the chemicles to make those harder to get then in say Mexico or millions of people would be. (teke meth for example).

and once again nobody says anything about the risk the grower takes. Somebody is willing to take a risk that somebody else isn't then he should be able to charge whatever he wants for the product. The person not willing to take the risk should put up or shut up

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlinepsilonaut2000
Stranger

Re: high yield help!!! [Re: Magash]
    #302287 - 10/23/09 01:46 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ya risk has a lot to do with profit margin thats why the profit margin on pot is high eh? Im not defending why pot is so profitable, im just saying it is. Crack is made in the us from baking soda and      "imported" coke. maybe I should put stock in baking soda with all these crack heads running around? meth and crack? Huh? Meth is an independent chemical made in the USA. Crack is Imported minus the baking soda, and only Richard Prior Freebases coke molecules. Actually its because weed production is spread out evenly to the common man while the coke empire is concentrated to an individual, an individual collecting lots of money.  If every grower in the US merged into one man instead of millions wow hed be a billionaire. Now that weed is controlled by one man just like Pablo Escabar controlled all the coke lets compare his profit to Mr Cannabis. Ill put my money on Mr cannabis that he's richer!

Offlinepsilonaut2000
Stranger

#302288 - 10/23/09 01:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

give me some coke and ill have the bomb crack with A fat return rate! no one needs government regulated chemicals to turn coke into crack TRUST ME!!!! Id like to see the day where baking soda is regulated by obama.........so can you name a few highly regulated chemicals that are required in this crack making process?

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #302295 - 10/23/09 02:02 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

psilonaut2000 said:
Now I think this is the reason that there are no cannabis millionaires, the industry is spread out, instead of having Pablo Escabar of cannabis you have his company spread out over millions of people.

One man can't feasibly produce hundreds of thousands of lbs of pot. Even outside planting a thousand plants is a several man job easily.... done right you probably have a dozen possibly a couple dozen hands in the whole mess.

Quote:

I wonder why millions of people grow weed in the USA instead of Manufacturing heroin or crack? Hmmmm If crack and heroin are so profitable then why arent millions of Americans manufacturing them?

Manufacturing heroin or crack?

Heroin is derived from opium as are other opiates, the vast majority of heroin and opiate production comes from natural resources. These opium poppies need to be grown in BULK... the absolutely most productive poppies will produce a gram of RAW opium per 4+ sq feet. This is under indoor conditions so there's obviously not enough room for expansion. There's a few complications for removing this practice from 3rd world countries.

1st. Asian, Middle Eastern/Afghanistanians will do the labor far cheaper than anyone in North America.

2nd I believe Afghanistan and other countries in the middle east has 3 poppy seasons where we would only have one.

3rd. Even if the fields were plausible in a North American the puppet master of this whole operation wouldn't want to hire several thousand people to lace poppies and collect opium.

4th. Smuggling precursors or even finished product from 3rd world countries keeps them opium farmers in their place and don't they move in on our turf. If we started our independence of their opium (let's call it a natural resource) don't you think someone else would come in to compete?

5th Smuggling opium or heroin keeps prices up, as the product is controlled by a monopoly... there's been many people who had plans to make pharmaceuticals more effective and the companies (Merck, is the one im thinking of) turned them down because it could effect their profits in the long run

6th Acetic anhydride is easier to get in Asia than in North America and is part of the conversion of opium/morphine to heroin.

-

An opium farmer makes less than a dollar a day and works harder than virtually anyone else in the world for his dollar. Why would someone pay $50 an hour to someone in North America who works 1/3 as productively and on a smaller overall scale?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlinepsilonaut2000
Stranger

Re: high yield help!!! [Re: captain.koons]
    #302296 - 10/23/09 02:05 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

An opium farmer makes less than a dollar a day and works harder than virtually anyone else in the world for his dollar.

Are there any cannabis farmers doing this bad?

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #302301 - 10/23/09 02:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Cannabis farmers in Africa probably.

Cannabis farmers in part of Asia are probably doing worse than the Opium farmers.

Cannabis farmers in Afhganistan are probably doing worse than the Opium farmers in the same area.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #302497 - 10/23/09 01:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah Mr Cannabis would be richer only one problem it would be impossible for one man to do. Why, cause the profit on one pound of coke is way more then a pound of buds or all those planes would be stuffed with bud not coke.

The chemicals used are to make the heroin and the coke that the crack is made of. Crack is very easy to make and with backing soda like you said. Which drops the price of production even more which make the profit margin even higher for crack.

Just cause more weed is sold does not make the profit margin higher. Cost spent on the product compared to the price sold for. Weed can't come close to most drugs on the market. Let alone you can't put a half pound of hemp in the pound of weed like people cut coke.

and last. Pablo was around when there weren't shit for indoor growers here but weed was still the most commonly used drug. Why wasn't Pablo filling the planes with weed rather then coke. Simple, the profit is in coke.

Quote:

19.In 2007, a kilogram of heroin no. 3 typically sold for an average wholesale price of $2,520 in Pakistan; the average 2005 per-kilogram wholesale price of heroin no. 4 in that country equaled approximately $4,159. The 2007 wholesale price for a kilogram of heroin in Afghanistan ranged around $2,405. In Colombia, a kilogram of heroin no. 4 typically sold for $9,992 wholesale in 2006. In the United States in 2007, a kilogram of heroin no. 4 cost an average of $71,200 wholesale. 2007 sales of heroin 10 billion dollars.

annual sales of cocaine 33 to 44 billion.

marijuana is now America's top money crop and, with an annual market value of $35.8 billion

Source: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, World Drug Report 2009, Statistical Annex: Prices, (Vienna, Austria: UNODC, 2009), pp. 217-218.
http://www.unodc.org/documents/wdr/WDR_2009/WDR2009_eng_web.pdf

--------------------

Offlinepsilonaut2000
Stranger

#306887 - 10/30/09 12:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Yeah Mr Cannabis would be richer only one problem it would be impossible for one man to do. Why, cause the profit on one pound of coke is way more then a pound of buds or all those planes would be stuffed with bud not coke.

The chemicals used are to make the heroin and the coke that the crack is made of. Crack is very easy to make and with backing soda like you said. Which drops the price of production even more which make the profit margin even higher for crack.

Just cause more weed is sold does not make the profit margin higher. Cost spent on the product compared to the price sold for. Weed can't come close to most drugs on the market. Let alone you can't put a half pound of hemp in the pound of weed like people cut coke.

and last. Pablo was around when there weren't shit for indoor growers here but weed was still the most commonly used drug. Why wasn't Pablo filling the planes with weed rather then coke. Simple, the profit is in coke.

Quote:

19.In 2007, a kilogram of heroin no. 3 typically sold for an average wholesale price of $2,520 in Pakistan; the average 2005 per-kilogram wholesale price of heroin no. 4 in that country equaled approximately $4,159. The 2007 wholesale price for a kilogram of heroin in Afghanistan ranged around $2,405. In Colombia, a kilogram of heroin no. 4 typically sold for $9,992 wholesale in 2006. In the United States in 2007, a kilogram of heroin no. 4 cost an average of $71,200 wholesale. 2007 sales of heroin 10 billion dollars.

annual sales of cocaine 33 to 44 billion.

marijuana is now America's top money crop and, with an annual market value of $35.8 billion

Source: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, World Drug Report 2009, Statistical Annex: Prices, (Vienna, Austria: UNODC, 2009), pp. 217-218.
http://www.unodc.org/documents/wdr/WDR_2009/WDR2009_eng_web.pdf

Nice try but there are some holes in this theory of yours.
The reason why no one is stuffing those planes full of dank bud is because we already have dank bud and its better than what they can grow. The next thing is your numbers, they sound so legit but your forgetting one thing.......total annual sales do not by any way determine profit margin, I don't see any numbers on cost vs value or profit margin. And im not sure that poor dying opium farmers are making heroin and cutting it with anything at all. You should watch "the Union" its full of facts from interviews with real cash crop growers and current statistics. Its informative and true.
O ya and Pablo wasn't filling his planes with weed because other traffickers like George Jung had a monopoly on the weed trafficking to the USA. No one at the time was smuggling large amounts of cocaine so Pablo teamed up with Griselda Blanco, Gustavo and Benjamin Herrera, and Jose Rodriguez-Gacha, to form the medellin cartel and began trafficking coke. If no one was smuggling weed into the US and weed was the most widely used drug and there weren't shit for growers then where did it come from I wonder?

Offlinepsilonaut2000
Stranger

#306925 - 10/30/09 01:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

o ya and all the good weed back then came from Columbia, Im pretty sure that was Pablo's country? I think that they imported it maybe? Probably in planes so they wouldn't have to "get past" there competitors in Mexico selling dirt weed.

Pablo Escobar:
Born December 1, 1949 (1949-12)
Rionegro, Antioquia, Colombia
Died December 2, 1993 (1993-12-03) (aged 44)
Medellín, Colombia

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #306936 - 10/30/09 02:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

total annual sales do not by any way determine profit margin, I don't see any numbers on cost vs value or profit margin. And im not sure that poor dying opium farmers are making heroin and cutting it with anything at all.

The profit margin is way higher on other drugs that has been more then proven already and yes these questions were answered.

Quote:

And im not sure that poor dying opium farmers are making heroin and cutting it with anything at all

Well  for one thing the cost and payment to these farmers has nothing to do with the price here and this is just more proof that the profit margins are higher in other drugs. Next in every opium producing country there are also cannabis farmers and who do you think is making more money?

Quote:

O ya and Pablo wasn't filling his planes with weed because other traffickers like George Jung had a monopoly on the weed trafficking to the USA

Once again false. Nobody has ever had a monopoly on the bud trade and Jung brought in one tenth that Marks did at the same time. You know Howard Marks aka Mr Nice guy the largest cannabis smugler ever.

Quote:

If no one was smuggling weed into the US and weed was the most widely used drug and there weren't shit for growers then where did it come from I wonder?

Once again false information. At the time Pablo was smugling coke there haden't been the indoor growing that there is now and camp had started operations in the USA so at that time most of the Cannabis in the USA and just to get your numbers straight over 50% of the cannabis in this country is still brought in from other countries. California may have a lot of growers but the growers here still can't keep up with the demand in this state alone. The largest money maker for the Mexican Cartels (the largest cartels at this time) is pot.

Quote:

The reason why no one is stuffing those planes full of dank bud is because we already have dank bud and its better than what they can grow.

Now your making up stuff. Ever tried real bud from Thailand? Ever try real bud from Packistan? How about Afghistan? Now most of the Mexican that comes here is garbage but it comes a ton at a time. Next Mexican grow right is some of the best weed there is. One of the reasons it's in skunk#1. The strain Cheese is all skunk #1 so therefore it's mostly Mexican.

So pretty much the only holes in the theory are the one you keep making up.

--------------------

Offlinepsilonaut2000
Stranger

#307543 - 10/31/09 06:17 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This might be kinda hard to read, I cant figure out how to do those small quotes that you do. Maybe when were done with this friendly debate you can teach me.......

Quote:
    total annual sales do not by any way determine profit margin, I don't see any numbers on cost vs value or profit margin. And im not sure that poor dying opium farmers are making heroin and cutting it with anything at all.

"The profit margin is way higher on other drugs that has been more then proven already and yes these questions were answered."

Numbers show that in BC dealers are helping to fuel the economy. They spend lots of money, they buy cars, boats, houses, clothes, stereos TVs. So why arent afghan farmers doing this?  A small 8 light setup my friend had cashed in 20 grand about every 2 months. If he were growing opium or coca plants hed make so much more money, I'll let him know about this amazing news flash.

Quote:
    And im not sure that poor dying opium farmers are making heroin and cutting it with anything at all

"Well  for one thing the cost and payment to these farmers has nothing to do with the price here and this is just more proof that the profit margins are higher in other drugs. Next in every opium producing country there are also cannabis farmers and who do you think is making more money?"

Your absolutely right! If i sell some weed I calculate " MY " profit. I don't include all the people it goes to after that PERIOD. This is my point.  Your diverting from the topic with useless information. Most of the Afghan farmers grow opium and cannabis. you should read this http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=19336834
Most afghan farmers are turning to weed instead of opium, so indirectly cannabis is now becoming more profitable in Afghan.

American and Afghan officials say the production boom was fueled by a surge in prices, creating an almost insurmountable temptation for farmers in one of the world's poorest countries. For decades, opium prices remained comparatively low in the country, at roughly $30 a kilogram (2.2 pounds), according to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. But after the Taliban enacted a brief ban on production in 2001, the prices soared to $750 a kilogram.

Eager to get in on this bonanza, farmers planted more and more opium in 2002 and 2003, according to the United Nations. Higher production brought prices down to roughly $350 a kilogram in 2002 and $283 in 2003.
In 2009 afghan totaled a whopping $438 million total on opium, seems a bit low compared to cannabis sales here in the states.

DAMN SON I wish I could buy 2.2 pounds of dank bud for $750, and the profit these farmers are making is nice. Most farmers make about $30 a day......awesome

Quote:
    O ya and Pablo wasn't filling his planes with weed because other traffickers like George Jung had a monopoly on the weed trafficking to the USA

"Once again false. Nobody has ever had a monopoly on the bud trade and Jung brought in one tenth that Marks did at the same time. You know Howard Marks aka Mr Nice guy the largest cannabis smugler ever."

Maybe monopoly was a bad word I'll give you that. The reason why Pablo started smuggling coke is cuz there was already enough people making lots of money on weed and no one smuggling coke.

Quote:
    If no one was smuggling weed into the US and weed was the most widely used drug and there weren't shit for growers then where did it come from I wonder?

"Once again false information. At the time Pablo was smugling coke there haden't been the indoor growing that there is now and camp had started operations in the USA so at that time most of the Cannabis in the USA and just to get your numbers straight over 50% of the cannabis in this country is still brought in from other countries. California may have a lot of growers but the growers here still can't keep up with the demand in this state alone. The largest money maker for the Mexican Cartels (the largest cartels at this time) is pot."

Ok this doesn't even make sense, and I searched the 2009 WDR and found nothing saying 50% of cannabis is imported to the us, and if it is who cares? Your diverting from the topic with useless information.

Quote:
    The reason why no one is stuffing those planes full of dank bud is because we already have dank bud and its better than what they can grow.

"Now your making up stuff. Ever tried real bud from Thailand? Ever try real bud from Packistan? How about Afghistan? Now most of the Mexican that comes here is garbage but it comes a ton at a time. Next Mexican grow right is some of the best weed there is. One of the reasons it's in skunk#1. The strain Cheese is all skunk #1 so therefore it's mostly Mexican.

So pretty much the only holes in the theory are the one you keep making up."

If you would have read the post you would have seen that some guy told me that Pablo wasn't stuffing his planes with weed and thats true, he smuggled coke not weed. Because we already had weed!!!! Imported or not who cares? Once again your diverting from the topic with useless information. Me trying international strains of pot is irrelevant. Besides your claim of 50% imported weed is not from amazing high grade strains of afghan pot. Imported weed comes from Mexico ( By the tons might I quote you ) and canada ( BC Bud )

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #307548 - 10/31/09 06:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Highlight what you want to quote and click the picture of the "" in the bank of buttons right above your text box.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinepsilonaut2000
Stranger

Re: high yield help!!! [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #307582 - 10/31/09 08:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Highlight what you want to quote and click the picture of the "" in the bank of buttons right above your text box.

Awesome !!! Thanks

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #307583 - 10/31/09 08:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

feel free to apply that knew knowledge whenever you like.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinepsilonaut2000
Stranger

Re: high yield help!!! [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #307596 - 10/31/09 09:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

feel free to apply that knew knowledge whenever you like.

I shall

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #307599 - 10/31/09 10:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, now your just being funny and can't be serious.

Quote:

A small 8 light setup my friend had cashed in 20 grand about every 2 months. If he were growing opium or coca plants hed make so much more money, I'll let him know about this amazing news flash.

Ok, I hate to bust your bubble but that isn't jack shit. My current grows do more then that and that by no means is gonna qualify as rich. Nor does it come close to the money coke and crack and the other drugs make.
Quote:

In 2009 afghan totaled a whopping $438 million total on opium, seems a bit low compared to cannabis sales here in the states.

Ok, according to CNN, AP, and FOX news your off by several billion dollars. They are the largest producing opium country on earth how could you even think this? Don't forget they also provide Europe.

To get to the point. There is in no way more profit in bud then the other drugs for the dealer here in the states., The markup from the wholesale price to the street price more then makes up for any of the dumb crap about how cheap it is for a person to grow the buds.

and once again the one thing you keep running from is if a person is willing to take the chance he should be able to charge what he wants even if it's 1000 dollars a 1/8th. The person who just wants to cry about the price should plant a seed or shut the fuck up and quit crying.

(Hey psilonaut2000 that last comment wasn't aimed at you and it looks like it was. I like the convo we're having lots of good points.)

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #307603 - 10/31/09 10:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hey, wait just a minute. You said your friend had a 8 light set up
Quote:

A small 8 light setup my friend had cashed in 20 grand about every 2 months

Only 20 grand from 8 lights. What the hell is up with that?

Oh yeah Pablo was smuggling weed, plus heroin. He was the largest smuggler and the 5th richest person on the planet you think he stayed just with coke?

Information comes from the Documentry -Chasing Pablo- Discovery Networks and from the DEA site.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds