Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegratefulgroove
Stranger
outdoor to indoor tranplant
    #301917 - 10/22/09 05:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hey everybody first timer here, so before i start, yes i did look through many many threads and found some things just need clarifiaction

So i have two plants that i have been growing outdoors and they are about two weeks into flowering, now the weather is starting to become an issue as it is getting real close to freezing outside.
I know i have to move them indoors so they can reach their full potential before they die on me, which brings me to my questions...

oh by the way their are a few obstacles in the process...

they are in a location where when i am entering and exiting i am visible to people so concealing the plants is a priority, once passed the people i have to put them in a car and drive with them for about 15 min to the new location, i am having a friend help me out so it wont be as much a hassle

Would i be able to once taken out of the ground, wrap the base in burlap and put it in a large plastic bag? or would this most likely damage them?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTcrib
Stranger

Re: outdoor to indoor tranplant [Re: gratefulgroove]
    #301921 - 10/22/09 05:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

From what I know the odds of them surviving are really low. How far in to flowering are they?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: outdoor to indoor tranplant [Re: Tcrib]
    #301925 - 10/22/09 05:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Any time you disturb the root system you're asking for trouble.  If you just planted your herb in the dirt then who knows how expansive the root system is.  There's no doubt in my mind that you would be destroying some of the roots.  Destroy enough roots, or disturb them enough, and you'll either shock your plant to death or you'll stress it to the point of hermie flowers popping out like crazy.

However, leave them in the dirt with freezing temps coming and they're dead anyways.  As far as i see it, you're damned if you do, damned if you dont.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinegratefulgroove
Stranger
Re: outdoor to indoor tranplant [Re: coda]
    #302005 - 10/22/09 07:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yea i know the odds really arent in my favor but im gonna do whatever the hell i can to keep em going

coda what do you mean by hermie flowers?

still what would be the best way for me to go about moving them??

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: outdoor to indoor tranplant [Re: gratefulgroove]
    #302037 - 10/22/09 08:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

To answer for coda, hemie flowers are male flowers that the plant produces in times of stress.  The female plants that you have normally do not produce male parts, but if the plant thinks that it is toast it will increase its chances of reproduction by creating male gametes while sacrificing genetic diversification.

If I were you I would just let them go and see if they produce anything.  If you have lights indoors that you were planning on putting them under then start some new ones under them.  Its not worth the risk.

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: outdoor to indoor tranplant [Re: SmOakland]
    #302038 - 10/22/09 08:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Oh and it is bad to get male flowers because they pollinate your buds and then you get seeds.

Offlinegratefulgroove
Stranger
Re: outdoor to indoor tranplant [Re: SmOakland]
    #302043 - 10/22/09 08:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

hmmmm i see,

well do you think its a good idea to just keep them going till the weather gets to cold out at night, and pick them once it gets below freezing or should i try to push its limit to see how long they will grow for before they start dying??

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds