Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethe man

Lowryder X G13
    #296903 - 10/14/09 12:58 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

whats the chances you think i get a few short autos to back??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemeatcakeman
You Have Heard of the Yetti
Male

Re: Lowryder X G13 [Re: the man]
    #296953 - 10/14/09 04:25 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

?

I don't fully understand your questions. Are you asking how many offspring from the cross would be AF and/or short and stout?

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

OfflinePFA
the guy with the thing
Male User Gallery

Loc: this is...Magyarorszag!!!
Re: Lowryder X G13 [Re: meatcakeman]
    #296955 - 10/14/09 04:30 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

u mean what are the chances u get an automatic pheno that u can use to backcross?

if so id say pretty good...

be able to tell u more first hand in a few weeks

got a lowryderXBG homecross jus sprung up

--------------------
"apparently u cant do shit"

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male

Re: Lowryder X G13 [Re: PFA]
    #296958 - 10/14/09 04:40 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yes. He has at least a 25%-50% for an AF pheno, depending on the generation LR he used to make the cross.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #297011 - 10/14/09 09:27 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Its that easy to make a AF?  Cool.  good luck hope that shit is potent.

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male

Re: Lowryder X G13 [Re: SmOakland]
    #297323 - 10/14/09 08:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yup. Cross. Backcross until there is no tomorrow. You can make additional crosses in later generations to obtain certain phenotypes. Stabilize strain. Hybridization complete.

It's a relatively simple process if you have the genetics and time/space.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

Offlinethe man

#297358 - 10/14/09 09:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

well lets hope out of the 8 i spraoted one is a auto male. and hopefully one of those or one inthe future is a auto too. or if all they are woudl be kick ass :smile:

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male

#297403 - 10/14/09 10:59 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If you sprouted 8, there will definitely be at least one AF in the bunch.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

Offlinethe man

#297894 - 10/15/09 06:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

might have to hermi it if its female to get some femed auto seeds :smile:

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male

#297956 - 10/15/09 08:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

the man said:
might have to hermi it if its female to get some femed auto seeds :smile:

Ok. IMO, 'selfing' is not a good method of feminization. It usually produces offspring that are more inclined to hermie.

There are other methods of feminization, but my favorite and most preferred method was developed by Soma.

It's called Rodelization:

Quote:

I named this new method �Rodelization� after a friend who helped me realize and make use of this way of creating female seeds. After growing crop after crop of the same plant in the same conditions, I noticed that if I flowered the plants 10-14 days longer than usual, they would develop male �bananas�. A male banana is a very slight male flower on a female marijuana plant that is formed because of stress. Usually they do not let out any pollen early enough to make seeds, but they sometimes do. They are a built in safety factor so in case of sever conditions, the plant can make sure that the species is furthered.

To me a male banana is quite a beautiful thing. It has the potential of making all female seeds. Many growers out there have male banana phobia. They see one and have heart palpitations, they want to cut down the entire crop or at least take tweezers and pluck the little yellow emerging devices out. I call them �Emergency Devices� because they emerge at times of stress.

In the Rodelization method, the male banana is very valuable. After growing your female plant 10-14 days longer than usual, hang them up to dry, then carefully take them off the drying lines and inspect for bananas. Each and every banana should be removed and placed in a small bag labeled very accurately. These sealed bags can be placed in the fridge for one to two months and still remain potent.

For the second phase you need to already have a crop that�s already 2 � weeks into flowering. Take your sealed bag of pollen out of the fridge, and proceed to impregnate your new crop of females. To do this, you must first match the female plant and the pollen from the same strain in the previous crop. Shut down all the fans in the grow room. Then take a very fine paint brush, dip it in the bag of pollen, and paint it on the female flower. Do this to each different strain you have growing together. I have done it with ten different kinds in the same room with great success.

I use the lower flowers to make seeds, leaving the top colas seedless for smoking. This method takes time(two crops), but is completely organic and lets you have great quality smoke at the same time you make your female seeds. If you�re one of those growers that has never grown seeds for fear of not having something good to smoke, you will love this method.

You can also use this pollen to make new female crosses by cross pollinating. The older females with the bananas can be brought into the room with the younger, un-pollinated females when they are three weeks into flowering. Turn all of the circulation fans on high, and the little bits of pollen will proceed to make it around the room. Do this for several days. Six to seven weeks later you will have ripe 100% female seeds; not nearly as many as a male plant would make, but enough to start over somewhere else with the same genetics.

As a farmer who has been forced to move his genetics far away from where they started, I know very well the value of seeds. My friend Adam from THSeeds in Amsterdam has a motto that I love to borrow these days: �Drop seeds not bombs�.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #298018 - 10/15/09 09:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, I've said this to his face and I'm saying it here. That God Damn stupid method of doing his feminized seeds is a fucking rip off and a lazy way to do the job and he knows it. He has one of the highest rates of hermies in his fems of anybody on the planet.

Now with STS treatments you are stopping the female hormone from producing female flowers. Now the process is not a natural one to get all female flowers like Soma likes to argue. You have to stress the plants and try to force them to produce naners like Soma does. He keeps these plants people that do it right chuck them. Why? The ones that produce naners threw stress whether it be light water or age.

These plants are the most likely ones to go hermie. Why? because when the plant is panicking that it won't make seeds and produces naners it's not just trying to save the females but it is trying to survive and that means doing what it can to make both females and males. Only one way to do that from a single sex plant is?????????????????????  You guessed it.....hermies.

Now don't think he believes the shit he is spewing cause he know that its fucked up and has pulled most of his femed strains. Just go to his forum at IC MAG and look at what his fans think of his fems.

I love Soma's strains but stay away from his fems. :omgawesome:

and yes I have grow them out to see if he was shitting me and wound up with enough naners to pull in a pack of monkeys.
:chimpglock:

Look at the companies that have the least complaints about their fems. Female seeds, Green House (and believe me I hate these guys but they do the fems right) Sensi. Why, these guys use the STS treatments which is by far the best way to do fems at this time.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male

Re: Lowryder X G13 [Re: Magash]
    #298063 - 10/16/09 12:05 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I see. I just saw it as a simplest technique in feminization. I, myself, have used his method, and had success; it was with an AF strain, too.

But I trust you, Magash. And in doing so, I might have to find a better technique. But I don't really want to pay for expensive chemicals/hormones and I don't like stressing the plants.

The only other technique I've heard of is watering the plants with aspirin (1 80 mg per gallon). Does that work?

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

OfflinePFA
the guy with the thing
Male User Gallery

Loc: this is...Magyarorszag!!!
    #298123 - 10/16/09 02:55 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Ok, I've said this to his face and I'm saying it here. That God Damn stupid method of doing his feminized seeds is a fucking rip off and a lazy way to do the job and he knows it. He has one of the highest rates of hermies in his fems of anybody on the planet.

Now with STS treatments you are stopping the female hormone from producing female flowers. Now the process is not a natural one to get all female flowers like Soma likes to argue. You have to stress the plants and try to force them to produce naners like Soma does. He keeps these plants people that do it right chuck them. Why? The ones that produce naners threw stress whether it be light water or age.

These plants are the most likely ones to go hermie. Why? because when the plant is panicking that it won't make seeds and produces naners it's not just trying to save the females but it is trying to survive and that means doing what it can to make both females and males. Only one way to do that from a single sex plant is?????????????????????  You guessed it.....hermies.

Now don't think he believes the shit he is spewing cause he know that its fucked up and has pulled most of his femed strains. Just go to his forum at IC MAG and look at what his fans think of his fems.

I love Soma's strains but stay away from his fems. :omgawesome:

and yes I have grow them out to see if he was shitting me and wound up with enough naners to pull in a pack of monkeys.
:chimpglock:

Look at the companies that have the least complaints about their fems. Female seeds, Green House (and believe me I hate these guys but they do the fems right) Sensi. Why, these guys use the STS treatments which is by far the best way to do fems at this time.

"Only one way to do that from a single sex plant is?????????????????????  You guessed it.....hermies. "

thats exactly wut i was thinkin when i first read his tek...thats just nuts... anyway magash, may i ask your thoughts on colloidal silver? given it a shot?

--------------------
"apparently u cant do shit"

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lowryder X G13 [Re: PFA]
    #298680 - 10/16/09 06:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Not as good as STS but it does work. The key to it is like gabrillic acid. Start treating the area you want the male flowers from about a week to two weeks before starting flowering. (With gabrillic acid this is a have to)

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #298688 - 10/16/09 06:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hey hey hey.....if it's working for you don't change a thing. The percentages will change from strain to strain like I'm sure we can all figure. I'm not saying the method won't work but the number of hermies will be much higher cause nothing is being done to stop them. :wink:

but if it's working for ya you may have a pheno that just doesn't like to go hermie. Might just be worth keeping around just for that reason. :omgawesome:

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #298689 - 10/16/09 06:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

meatcakeman said:
Yup. Cross. Backcross until there is no tomorrow. You can make additional crosses in later generations to obtain certain phenotypes. Stabilize strain. Hybridization complete.

I gotta disagree here...repeated backcrossing will give you the potency equivalent of ruderalis. 
Careful selection and forward crossing is better IMO, backcrossing only very occasionally to bring out a specific trait.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male

Re: Lowryder X G13 [Re: 81renaissance]
    #299386 - 10/17/09 06:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
Quote:

meatcakeman said:

I gotta disagree here...repeated backcrossing will give you the potency equivalent of ruderalis. 
Careful selection and forward crossing is better IMO, backcrossing only very occasionally to bring out a specific trait.

Okay, "backcross until there is no tomorrow" is a bit exaggerated. :lol:

But when working with AF's, the hybridization process is a bit different than with other cannabis strains. Especially with LRs, first-generation offspring usually have undesirable phenotypes that MUST be weeded out, i.e. short stature, weak potency, etc. Backcrossing, to some degree, will help you isolate a particular phenotype, or set of phenotypes, that are specific to the parent. But to balance it out, you must cross with another strain that has stable genetics. Yes, the ruderalis genetics will eventually prevail with too much backcrossing, but that's why crossing with a more stable strain comes in quite handy.

In retrospect, crossing and backcrossing are necessary with moderation. Too much of one or the other can cause you to have undesirable traits, i.e. loss of AF, weak potency, ruderalis tendencies, etc.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male

#299390 - 10/17/09 06:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Hey hey hey.....if it's working for you don't change a thing. The percentages will change from strain to strain like I'm sure we can all figure. I'm not saying the method won't work but the number of hermies will be much higher cause nothing is being done to stop them. :wink:

but if it's working for ya you may have a pheno that just doesn't like to go hermie. Might just be worth keeping around just for that reason. :omgawesome:

Well I haven't worked with AF's in quite some time, and LR hybrids are the only strains I have attempted to feminize.

Currently, I have some Cheese, OG Kush, and Purple Urkle clones going right now. I'm considering crossing a few of these plants together.

I'm thinking that STS might be a better bet than rodelization for these particular strains. :shrug:

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals