Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemarrbellade
Stranger
plants dieing HELP!!!!!!!!!!
    #294816 - 10/10/09 11:45 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? clones
2. How old are your plants?  several months
3. How tall are your plants? they were 16in then i cut them to 7in
4. What size containers are they planted in? 1+ liter
5. What is your soil mix? 1/2 high end organic bonsi soil,1/4 vermic,1/4 perlite
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? distilled water when the top inch to inch-and-a-half are dry
7. What is the pH of your water? 7
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? no ferts yet i ve only just transplanted them
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? SAA
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") right now just a small CFL
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 10 inches
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? top of my counter
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? low 50's at night
14. What is the pH of the soil? 7 (see below detail)
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? minor spider mite presence
16. How much experience do you have growing? none

as you can see the tips are curling up and turning brown and dying
it s wipeing out my branches and killing the plants HELP!!!!!!!!!

this is the ph meter i have

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: plants dieing HELP!!!!!!!!!! [Re: marrbellade]
    #294835 - 10/10/09 12:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well for one move the cfl closer and get a bunch more. Bumping this one for you. But your pic is really hard to see of the plant. Is there a way you can get a better one. Like closer up of the problem area?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: plants dieing HELP!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Triptonic]
    #294871 - 10/10/09 01:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

1.) Soil PH meters suck get rid of it, won't do you any good
2.) You've noted you have a pest problem, have you gotten rid of the pests yet?
3.) You haven't fed, but you just transplanted.  Hmm, how long from the transplant to the time when the problem started?  Possible transplant shock.
4.) Your temps are waaaay too low at the night.  High 60's is the lowest you would want for your grow.  Even then I would suggest trying to keep them at 72 F during the dark period.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinemarrbellade
Stranger
Re: plants dieing HELP!!!!!!!!!! [Re: coda]
    #295956 - 10/12/09 02:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

mabe this is a better pic, (shitty camera) different strain, i put them in an incubator lights on 24/7, 75 fh,40-60 RH.  the other plants seem to be getting better but this one seems to be getting worse

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#295980 - 10/12/09 03:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

when i get rescues like that i trim all the bull shit off, transplant it to a bigger pot with fresh soil, and put it on 18/6 for at least a few weeks to bring em back with fresh water only. If you trim more than 30%  of your plant at a time it might die anyways, but if trimming off the bull shit takes it that far you fucked up too bad n e wayz.. If that doesn't work i discard them and continue once the area has been sterilized and new seedling/clones are available.

To me they look over trimmed.
Over saturated with possible fertilizer/ph balance  found in your shitty soil.
Light deprived.
And freezing fucking cold. LOW 50's and your wasting your time with stressed, non established plants.
and check into better ph readers. Its worth it.

Edited by Ero42oH2o (10/12/09 03:29 PM)

Offlinemarrbellade
Stranger
Re: plants dieing HELP!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #296459 - 10/13/09 08:36 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

from some basic primal instinct ive pretty much done your exact prescription already but thank you so much for the confirmation you sound like you seen this thing before once or twice. one looks real good and is making a speedy recovery the other is still waying in the balances...........
they are both commercial strains.....i can t for the life of me remember the names, i got them from the dipenser second hand and they had been abused........but i also got a 1/4 bag of the usable from the same two strains and got to see the full mature ready-to-harvest plants and man did i want to grow this strain...but mostly i just want to try and save the babies............thanks for the advice, ill keep you updated...............

Offlinemarrbellade
Stranger
    #296472 - 10/13/09 09:02 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

heres the pic of the recovering one
will any of the 80$+ digi meters work fine or do you have a specific reliable brand that you would recomend?

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#296776 - 10/13/09 09:52 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It looks better,  i try and save plants my friends fuck up all the time. So i do have some experience. However it's not very scientific. I just do that to say like, hey your gonna either get better or fucking die. And they usually do actually. Strong plant in general.

and im sure your meter is fine. But anything digital and from the 2000+ era should be far superior.

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: plants dieing HELP!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #296788 - 10/13/09 10:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

To me it really looks like nitrogen burn. Not sure why if your not useing fertilizers. Did the bonzai mix have added fertilizers? The plants just looked really burnt by either nutes or lights.:shrug:

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Offlinemarrbellade
Stranger
Re: plants dieing HELP!!!!!!!!!! [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #297000 - 10/14/09 09:15 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

the sativa is starting to pull out and recover as well
damn i thought that one was gone for sure i really think it was too cold and the overall conditions were just too taxing
i thought it could be burned as well mostly because i didnt know their exact history but it didnt act like a burn and i was leaching them to get whatever was in there before, out. met a killer little dude yesterday growing some monster plants. these huge trees are in an indoor arburitum(or however the fuck you speel it) with supplimental lighting...........northern lights....little mag deficiant but nothing serious......he s giving me some clones for helping out.......damn i cant wait to grow these, their three wks into flowering and they got huge dense sticky stinky dank all over, he should be pleased

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag