Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: high yield help!!! [Re: psilonaut2000]
    #294416 - 10/09/09 11:54 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

oh you're a colorado boy huh? whereabouts?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsilonaut2000
Stranger

Re: high yield help!!! [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #294499 - 10/09/09 03:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Broomfield. I'm originally from las Angeles

Offlinemarrbellade
Stranger
    #294581 - 10/09/09 05:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

here is a picture of my sick
i got her as a clone she had a slight bug problem nothing serious
the roots didnt look all that good but what do i know
i transplanted her into high grade organic potting mix w/ perlite and some vermic.......anyway here is the ph meter i checked the ph with .....it read 7 but it read 7 in all my plants
any ideas?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: high yield help!!! [Re: marrbellade]
    #294672 - 10/09/09 10:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

and don't grow for profit, it's just dumb

:rofl2::omgawesome::insano::rofl2::omgawesome::insano::rofl2::omgawesome::insano::rofl2::omgawesome::insano::rofl2::omgawesome::insano::rofl2::omgawesome::insano::rofl2::omgawesome::insano::rofl2::omgawesome::insano::rofl2::omgawesome::insano::rofl2::omgawesome::insano::rofl2::omgawesome::insano::rofl2::omgawesome::insano::rofl2::omgawesome::insano::rofl2::omgawesome::insano::rofl2::omgawesome::insano:

I guess I'm a total retard

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: high yield help!!! [Re: Magash]
    #294685 - 10/09/09 10:34 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've got no problem with a single grower making a profit.  It's when the corporations take over after legalization that's gonna piss me off.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinepsilonaut2000
Stranger

Re: high yield help!!! [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #294726 - 10/10/09 12:28 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Marijuana is the most profitable drug period. The high profit margins on cannabis is an outrage. Successful large scale growers make more than the president of the united states. Why are we all sitting around and allowing these growers to make so much money off of us. Cannabis should be more affordable its just a plant.

Offlinepsilonaut2000
Stranger

Re: high yield help!!! [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #294734 - 10/10/09 01:31 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
:lol: dude i am not  sure what planet your on but it cost time and money to grow these big crops you think are so easy! While growing is definatly easier nd mostly funner then any day time job it is a pretty labor intensive! Then if indoor you have the electric cost ehich runs a fair amount if you have some lamps. Outdoor you usually have more time and money in pest control and conditioning existing soil. Plus the head ache of not knowing if it is going to make it till harvest timedue to rippers and choppers.

But i agree, that the profits are high for good growers with proven strians. Buts thats where you can protest, (so to speak) and grow your own herb! Stop putting money in other peoples pocket and grow your own dank! Then you will appreciate the price you will have to ask for it.? :shrug:

the average has determined that it cost growers approximately $400 per pound to produce, if your not averaging this then shit or get off the pot. yet cannabis retails for about 5-6000 per pound, this is an outrageous profit margin. Despite all the difficulties you mentioned in electricity bills,man power, pests etc. cannabis is extremely profitable. People are making out like bandits on us consumers. We have all excepted the over pricing of cannabis and therefore have set the norm. im not sure where im going with this but cannabis is too expensive and its bullshit that we accept it. The answer? Lets all just grow ourselves right? I dont really agree with this because then you are putting hard working honest cannabis farmers out of business. Not to mention that not everyone has the motivation or means to grow. i just think that we all need to take a stand to lower the prices of cannabis. Some day it will be legal and everyone will just grow instead of overpaying for bud. This will cause the downfall for the need of cannabis farmers, to save themselves someday they will have to lower the norm of prices.

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

#294793 - 10/10/09 10:48 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Dont worry about the big corporations taking over once they legalize weed, because I WILL BE THAT CORPERATION. I will also hire all you guys as my growers and staff. Th eprice will be cheap

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: high yield help!!! [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #294808 - 10/10/09 11:29 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, if ya wanna post shit that's fine but this is pure shit

Quote:

Marijuana is the most profitable drug period

Ever heard of crack, heroin, the profits on both of those are just a little higher.

Quote:

the average has determined that it cost growers approximately $400 per pound to produce, if your not averaging this then shit or get off the pot. yet cannabis retails for about 5-6000 per pound, this is an outrageous profit margin. Despite all the difficulties you mentioned in electricity bills,man power, pests etc. cannabis is extremely profitable. People are making out like bandits on us consumers. We have all excepted the over pricing of cannabis and therefore have set the norm. I'm not sure where I'm going with this but cannabis is too expensive and its bullshit that we accept it. The answer? Lets all just grow ourselves right? I don't really agree with this because then you are putting hard working honest cannabis farmers out of business. Not to mention that not everyone has the motivation or means to grow. i just think that we all need to take a stand to lower the prices of cannabis. Some day it will be legal and everyone will just grow instead of overpaying for bud. This will cause the downfall for the need of cannabis farmers, to save themselves someday they will have to lower the norm of prices.

A load of pure shit
Now just how easy is it to grow the killer bud? Most of the so called elite strains that people want so badly don't yield for shit. Tards think you just put a seed in the soil and killer buds pop up. Not to mention you don't say one fucking thing about the risk it takes to do it. Years in prison weather you have a card or not.
Funny people who even when they can grow their own don't but bitch about the prices. So what they want is somebody else to take the risks but want them to do it for nothing.

So I understand not everybody can grow. School, parents, landlords, yadda yadda. Then there is the people that have a place to grow but firing up a 400watt light is to big a risk but not to big a risk for somebody else to take then bitch about fucked they are. To those I say grow some fucking balls. stop smoking, or pay the fucking price and shut the fuck up.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #294978 - 10/10/09 04:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well said my friend! :thumbup:

Quote:

A load of pure shit
Now just how easy is it to grow the killer bud? Most of the so called elite strains that people want so badly don't yield for shit. Tards think you just put a seed in the soil and killer buds pop up. Not to mention you don't say one fucking thing about the risk it takes to do it. Years in prison weather you have a card or not.
Funny people who even when they can grow their own don't but bitch about the prices. So what they want is somebody else to take the risks but want them to do it for nothing.

So I understand not everybody can grow. School, parents, landlords, yadda yadda. Then there is the people that have a place to grow but firing up a 400watt light is to big a risk but not to big a risk for somebody else to take then bitch about fucked they are. To those I say grow some fucking balls. stop smoking, or pay the fucking price and shut the fuck up.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #294997 - 10/10/09 05:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
To those I say grow some fucking balls. stop smoking, or pay the fucking price and shut the fuck up.

The quote, "I prefer dangerous freedom over a peaceful slavery" comes to mind.  :thumbup::thumbup:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: high yield help!!! [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #295125 - 10/10/09 09:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Quote:

Magash said:
To those I say grow some fucking balls. stop smoking, or pay the fucking price and shut the fuck up.

The quote, "I prefer dangerous freedom over a peaceful slavery" comes to mind.  :thumbup::thumbup:

:thumbup:

:ganja:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Offlinepsilonaut2000
Stranger

#295570 - 10/11/09 10:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Ok, if ya wanna post shit that's fine but this is pure shit

Quote:

Marijuana is the most profitable drug period

Ever heard of crack, heroin, the profits on both of those are just a little higher.

Quote:

the average has determined that it cost growers approximately $400 per pound to produce, if your not averaging this then shit or get off the pot. yet cannabis retails for about 5-6000 per pound, this is an outrageous profit margin. Despite all the difficulties you mentioned in electricity bills,man power, pests etc. cannabis is extremely profitable. People are making out like bandits on us consumers. We have all excepted the over pricing of cannabis and therefore have set the norm. I'm not sure where I'm going with this but cannabis is too expensive and its bullshit that we accept it. The answer? Lets all just grow ourselves right? I don't really agree with this because then you are putting hard working honest cannabis farmers out of business. Not to mention that not everyone has the motivation or means to grow. i just think that we all need to take a stand to lower the prices of cannabis. Some day it will be legal and everyone will just grow instead of overpaying for bud. This will cause the downfall for the need of cannabis farmers, to save themselves someday they will have to lower the norm of prices.

A load of pure shit

Dude your so high right now. Go research some facts. Crack and heroin use compared to nation wide cannabis use are you kidding me. Have you ever heard of economics, possibly supply and demand and its connection to prices. Have you ever heard of gasoline. The demand for cannabis is 300 times that of heroin or crack. Heroin and cocaine use is minuscule compared to cannabis use. Not to mention that 90% of cannabis for the us market is grown in the us lowering the hand to hand transfer and leaving much more room for profit margin than drugs that have a low demand and are imported like heroin or crack. Heroin and crack are profitable but they do not compare to cannabis. If you dont believe me I dare you to find me some facts or statistics proving me wrong. I never said that any asshole can plant a seed and have great bud cuz its just some simple plant. I said successful farmers. If your not getting massive profits from your grow op and your pissed that people are complaining of prices than maybe your not a farmer or a very good grower. I hear that walmart is hiring  ?!

Offlinepsilonaut2000
Stranger

#295571 - 10/11/09 10:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You sound like a spokesperson for gasoline.

Offlinepsilonaut2000
Stranger

#295573 - 10/11/09 10:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

George W. Bush worked real hard stealing oil and starting wars and he deserves a large profit for such a huge risk, lets all bend over and buy some gasoline.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #295586 - 10/11/09 11:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You made the claim you prove it. There is no way the profit is as high as crack or heroin. How many people are making millions off of weed? Because something is in demand dose not mean the profit margin is higher. The 5000 dollar a pound garbage you spew. keep reading news reports and quoting the high numbers they use. Low demand for crack, who's high? That is just plain stupid.
As far as my growing goes there ya go dipshit over a gram a watt and there is 2000 watts there. Find me a grow with a better gram per watt ratio. 

Show these people that are getting so rich. You made the claims back them up. 90% of the weed is produced here. There are very few states that produce much weed so it has to get from places like Cali to the other states.
Nobody is getting massive profits from their grow ops unless they have huge numbers and in this country it's 5 years for over 99 plants no matter where you are or what kind of card you have. Not many large grows have less plants then that or it's not a large grow is it?
It takes about $100 us dollars to make a kilo of coke. Even less for ready made opium is paid to the farmers that grow that. (ABC news). Coke sells in the LA market for just over 17500 a key. I'd have to say the profit margins are just a little bit higher.
So show me the growers with all the fancy boats, cars, houses, because it takes about 3 seconds to find reports about dealers in both coke and heroin that have been busted with that stuff every day. Now this may be hard for you but the reason they have that stuff is cause the profit margin is higher.

Lets see if we can get you to understand. When you buy a key of coke for a price of 17500 and sell it for 35000 that is a higher margin of profit then weed is ever going to make. Stop quoting the news nobody is paying 5000 a pound for weed unless they are totally fucking stupid.

I'm not pissed about your whining about the prices. When people don't know shit about growing or what they are talking about does.

Oh yeah, it take over 400 a month in electricity alone to run a few thousand watts of lights not including the price of nutrients (good ones will run ya about 60 bucks a gallon) I'm not the one who needs to check his sources.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: high yield help!!! [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #295802 - 10/12/09 09:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TheShroomJew23 said:
I had a grow like this a year ago. I built an aeroponic system out of 4in pvc and 1in pvc that gave each plant 6in^2 to grow in. It had 64 plants and was 4x4ft, I grew each plant to 3ft and I used a hybrid so I would get long thick main buds with not much branching so the light penatrated very far down. I could easily pull a few ounces a plant and I harvested about 13 plants every week.

*cough* bullshit *cough*

a 4 x 4 area producing a kilo a week?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlinemoogles
    #295803 - 10/12/09 09:09 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Magash

You say it is not profitable, yet you claim a gram per watt ratio. At 2000 watts, that's 2000 grams.

Well, regular bud at the dispensary here goes for 10 a gram. So, that's around $20,000 per harvest...

Now, I'm SURE you can grow some dank. So it could easily go for 12-15 a gram. You do the math!

I don't understand why a $400 a month electricity bill is a problem. I'd be happy to pay that with the yields you're getting.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: high yield help!!! [Re: moogles]
    #295804 - 10/12/09 09:11 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah moogles that all makes sense. I'm going to go visit Magash sitting on the street corner selling gram bags now.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlinemoogles
Re: high yield help!!! [Re: captain.koons]
    #295806 - 10/12/09 09:12 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Har har koons

You get my point!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals