Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsilonaut2000
Stranger

First Medical Grow Opinions PLease
    #294005 - 10/08/09 10:59 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So Im a Colorado Medical Marijuana patient and i want to grow. Here is my Idea of how I will make my setup and I would appreciate any feedback please. So Im going to build a 3'width X 3'depth X 5'tall grow box made from 3/8" plywood. I will line the inside with some fancy reflective material, and the box will be light proof ( my friend is handy with wood ) My box will have a stealth hydro bubbleponics system with 6 plants and be on the recommended feeding schedule provided by stealth hydroponics. Inside the box will be a 400watt MH/HPS lighting system with a tube style reflector suspended by a pulley system for obvious reasons, and have a proper timer. Attached to one end of the reflector will be a 6" diameter X 18" long carbon filter. The other end of the tube reflector will be a 6" ducting system running outside the box. This ducting system will have a vortex 6" 449 CFM inline fan attached to it ensuring odorless heat expulsion. I will have a small fan of some sort running inside the box blowing on my plants 24/7. I will use clones from my local dispensary of the highest genetics in the state ( hopefully as good as when I was in so. cal. )  Is there anything I'm missing? How does this setup sound? Do you think I will be able to grow quality medicine from this setup?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: First Medical Grow Opinions PLease [Re: psilonaut2000]
    #294013 - 10/08/09 11:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

For the lighting you have and the environment controls, you could produce much more than what a bubbleponics system puts out. Just to be honest I made the same unit they sell for about 50 bucks.

--------------------

Offlinepsilonaut2000
Stranger

#294041 - 10/08/09 11:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I considered making my own system. I made every single piece of equipment I have for growing my favorite fungi instead of buying a "kit"
however It took me weeks and lots of trips to home depot. Im willing to pay extra money this time for a hydro kit that i dont have to build, im a busy man with a wife and a son. So your saying that my setup should handle a larger hydro system than the bubbleponics or more plants? I want to stay within the law and 6 plants is it. I have seen some pix of some massive plants from that bubbleponics system. Anyway Im new at this and just want some good quality smoke over a huge yield. Will this setup be sufficient for quality?

Offlinepsilonaut2000
Stranger

#294575 - 10/09/09 05:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Does anyone know about how much heat will be exhausted on the other end of my vortex fan that I'm using too cool my 400 watt hps?

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

#294791 - 10/10/09 10:43 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

My 400w setup is in my basement and it took the ambient temperture of the room from 65f to around 78f with the air just circulating and the room is like 15x15 and about 5ft tall. I have grown with the bubble system before but I had alot of problems with the feeder tubes getting majorly clogged so watch out for that. I did get some pretty big plants and I just used cfls. If you want to stay in the law I get you but what I did since the plants would grow into eachother was this. I took the splitter they use in the system to redirect the pump flow to all six plants and got 12 1gallon buckets, hydroton, a stronger pump, an inline filter, and more tubing and grommets. What you do is take a rubbermaid tub and drill six holes in the bottom and place grommets in all the holes, then drill a hole in the lid so that the tube that comes from the pump to feed the splitter sticks out the top so the splitter sticks outside the top of the tub. Then drill tons of holes in the bottom of 6 of the gallon buckets, also drill just 1 hole in the very bottom of the side of the other 6 buckets and place grommets in the those side holes. Then all you have to do is place the 6 buckets with the holes in the bottom inside the 6 buckets with the hole in the side and put them in 2 rows of 3. Fill the buckets with the hydroton and connect and seal a tube to the grommet in the bottom of each bucket and connect the other end into one of the grommets in the rubbermaid tube and seal them. So you have just built a 6 plant external resivoir bubbleponics system. I will probably make a tek for this within a few weeks because I know I was confusing but you will get the best plants ever.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Medical Grow Opinions PLease (moved) [Re: psilonaut2000]
    #294859 - 10/10/09 12:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

This thread was moved from Marijuana Cultivation.

Reason:
Seems better suited for grow room design.  I'll leave the link up in the main cult section so you can get some traffic to the thread.

Offlinepsilonaut2000
Stranger

Re: First Medical Grow Opinions PLease (moved) [Re: coda]
    #295589 - 10/11/09 11:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Seems like quite a large setup for my 3 foot by 3 foot grow box. Im not looking to produce record yields or get the most from the most, I was more or less wondering if my setup was decent enough to produce quality herb. I mean what goes into "quality" lighting, genetics, grow medium (nutrients), and fresh air etc. i believe I have supplied all these things.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds