Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineStan Hansen
The Lariat
Male

Loc: Just South of B.C.
Grow box question
    #293114 - 10/06/09 11:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Let me start by saying this site is great and I'm learning a lot just by reading all the info. I'm embarking on my first grow.  Ive decided to go with a pre fab grow box to get my feet wet. I need something to be able to be tucked away in the corner of my closet. I have a couple of questions. Ive looked for reviews of different GB but couldn't find any.  What do you guys think of them and what are the better ones? Using a GB I need a plant that is on the small side any ideas?Ive decided to grow with soil. The high is not an important factor in picking my strain ( I like all the highs!)just size and able to put up with typical newb mistakes.

Also if they sell seeds that are guaranteed female why do people mess with the mixed seeds? Thanks for the info. Stan

--------------------
I'm not in a big ego rush,I'm not after all the bright lights and the little women. I got a big fat wife and nine kids at home, and I gotta feed 'em! - Stan "The Lariat" Hansen

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grow box question [Re: Stan Hansen]
    #293123 - 10/06/09 11:46 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

People "mess with mixed seeds" because of breeding potential and because, depending on the feminization method, fem seeds have a higher likelihood of developing hermaphroditic traits and seeding your whole grow with worthless seeds.  I will never buy a pack of fem'd seeds.

As far as growboxes, I suggest building your own, it'll save you money in the long run, and will be perfectly suited to the size and needs that you have for your grow.

Give us an idea of the dimensions you have to work with, and we'll give you ideas of how to set it up.
Do you know what kind of soil or lighting you'll be using?
Let's get a few more details, and we'll get you up and running.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #293128 - 10/06/09 11:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Welcome to the Growery Stan!

What is GB? Maybe i am just stoned/drunk right now, but can't think what it stands for.:shrug:

Anyways, Widow seems to be a good chioce for indoor grows. There are many actually and think if you keep checking back people will recommend good starter plants for the beginner. You can do alot with any of the various breeds of cannabis as far as size goes.

When it comes genetics, People buy what they can afford and what is available. I mean think about it, why buy seeds at all? Why not just buy a couple clones. Can't get any more guaranteed then that?! So IMO what it boils down to is if you want good genetics you pay what you can afford! Starting with mixed/random seeds from proven genetics to getting femenized seeds of proven genetics to buying clones of guaranteed female from a mother plant and good genetics.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grow box question [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #293131 - 10/06/09 11:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

GB=Grow Box

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grow box question [Re: 81renaissance]
    #293132 - 10/06/09 11:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I am stoned! :getstoned:

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #293134 - 10/06/09 11:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I wish I were.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #293140 - 10/07/09 12:07 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Dude, i got this Sugar Kush from a friend! Phewy! Plus i have had a few corona's after a long hot day at work. Brain is not functioning to well right now! :cool:

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread!!:gethigh:

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #293148 - 10/07/09 12:14 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:jacked: I'm gonna come by and smoke a bowl with you if that's cool?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #293153 - 10/07/09 12:20 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hell yeah!

:getstoned:

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #293155 - 10/07/09 12:23 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Its gonna be a long swim.

Heads up Stan: We don't usually do this, if you have more questions feel free to take your thread back.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflineStan Hansen
The Lariat
Male

#293177 - 10/07/09 02:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the replies. The problem with building a grow box is two fold for me. I'm not very handy and id be afraid I'd burn the house down with the lights. I have a 2 foot deep,4 foot wide, closet. I saw the PC growbox and that's where i was thinking a "plug in and grow" would be much easier. I was thinking Foxfarm soil. and I guess the lights would depend on the GB.I thought that there were certain strains for small plants but you say the technique is most important in plant size?  any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks Stan

--------------------
I'm not in a big ego rush,I'm not after all the bright lights and the little women. I got a big fat wife and nine kids at home, and I gotta feed 'em! - Stan "The Lariat" Hansen

Edited by Stan Hansen (10/07/09 02:19 AM)

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #293255 - 10/07/09 10:20 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Search SOG (Sea of Green) growing methods if you want to grow many plants in your space, or ScROG (Screen of Green) if you want to grow 1 or 2 plants at a time with larger yields.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflineStan Hansen
The Lariat
Male

#293323 - 10/07/09 02:06 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

has anyone here ever used a PC growbox? Ive seen vids on youtube and look simple enough. looks like enough room for 2-3 plants.Maybe there is another GB that is higher rated.Stealth is an important factory in my first grow. I want to get all the materials together and start growing when I get back from Christmas holiday. Get a little experience under my belt then look to build my own GB. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Stan

--------------------

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#293688 - 10/08/09 12:16 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If you're set on growing in such a small space, this is where you should do some research. It's amazing what these guys have fit in one or two square feet.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale