Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offline42047

Guidelines for Sensible Cannabis Use
    #292172 - 10/05/09 02:55 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

http://www.peele.net/lib/guidelines.html

The Stanton Peele Addiction Website, 5 October 2000.
Guidelines for Sensible Cannabis Use
Prepared for, and with the assistance of, Cannabis Action Network, Berkeley, CA

Stanton Peele & Archie Brodsky

Personal use of cannabis is illegal in the United States. Despite this fact, it is widely used, both here and throughout the world, and has a written history of more than 3000 years. Most often, cannabis use is viewed as pleasurable and, unlike alcohol, it is not associated with violence. In many places and times, its use has been socially accepted and regarded as normal. Its analgesic and other medical benefits are well recognized, and the therapeutic use of cannabis has been legalized in many states and localities.

However, like any other psychoactive substance, cannabis can be misused. Excessive recreational use can contribute to problems including sleepiness, overeating, and time management issues. Due to the political climate surrounding cannabis research, clinical studies have produced widely conflicting conclusions about the true benefits and potential side effects of cannabis use. Some research reports potential dangers to the throat and lungs from smoking cannabis. Moreover, people may overuse cannabis in place of a normal range of life experiences.

Personal users of cannabis must make responsible decisions and use good judgement. The following Guidelines help identify ways of using cannabis in a positive manner.

1. Adults should use cannabis as part of a healthy, balanced, and responsible lifestyle.
  2. The decision to use cannabis should be made freely, and not as a result of social pressure.
  3. Cannabis users should be well informed about its effects on themselves and others. These effects should include both legal and health risks and personal consequences.
  4. Never use cannabis as an excuse or a cue for antisocial or irresponsible behavior.
  5. Cannabis users should model and reward responsible use, particularly with new users.
  6. Use cannabis as a part of positive social interactions, rather than primarily in isolation or as a remedy for negative feelings.
  7. Develop sensible cannabis use limits for yourself based on personal, health, situational, and cultural factors. It is important to be objective about your cannabis use and listen to the constructive advice of others.
  8. Avoid cannabis use that puts you or others at risk, such as when driving, at work, or in public places. Remember, personal use of cannabis is still illegal and penalties are stiff.
  9. Use of cannabis by children is inappropriate and should be discouraged.
  10. Cannabis use should contribute to, rather than detract from, users' health, well-being, creativity, work, relationships, and social obligations.

--------------------

notapillow said:
have fun

and remember...
your a beautifuly scummy selfish wreck of an ego stuck to a rock twirling around in an incomprihensible land of chaos

explore

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWorld Spirit
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Guidelines for Sensible Cannabis Use [Re: 42047]
    #292201 - 10/05/09 06:16 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

That's positive!

Offline42047

Re: Guidelines for Sensible Cannabis Use [Re: World Spirit]
    #292204 - 10/05/09 06:46 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

and its good advice too! we all should make an effort to be the change we want to see happen!

--------------------

notapillow said:
have fun

and remember...
your a beautifuly scummy selfish wreck of an ego stuck to a rock twirling around in an incomprihensible land of chaos

explore

OfflineWorld Spirit
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #292205 - 10/05/09 07:06 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I agree. Take 5. :sun:

Offline42047

Re: Guidelines for Sensible Cannabis Use [Re: World Spirit]
    #292209 - 10/05/09 07:28 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

haha back at ya, i wouldnt say moderate, id say as much as you feel you can handle responsibly. :blazed: My name is 42047 after all.:toomuchacid:

--------------------

notapillow said:
have fun

and remember...

explore

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
    #292270 - 10/05/09 11:38 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

HA! I just got your username!
I couldn't figure that shit out before now!

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
i smoke fools like you on the basketball court [Re: 42047]
    #292335 - 10/05/09 02:36 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Just say "No."

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
I loved playing Bball back ing the day. [Re: mel_lonta_tauda]
    #292339 - 10/05/09 02:41 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

But I smoke all I can.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds