Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTriplexiosis
comes in peace
Male
Possible Iron defficiency?
    #277564 - 09/09/09 02:03 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Hello all, I mostly lurk around but now have ran into a problem and could use some help with.

This is my second grow, from seed (bag seed, no idea what strain they are). Closet grow under CFLs, the plants are around 40 days old and are under 24 hours light.
This grow I decided to use more light (HID's and similar are not an option due to heat build up and are initially expensive, I'm not trying to grow regularly or make this a permanent hobby. My last grow  got me a very tall (stretchy) plant and fluffy buds. But they lasted me for over a year as I don't really smoke that often.
Also this time I decided to try LST-ing to make the best of CFL lights.

Anyway two days ago, my plants started shoving these brown spots on them, and generally their leaves got messed up. Here are the pictures I took with my cellphone, so they're not of perfect quality. As you can see Plant B is in much worse condition.

Plant A

Plant B

I've been through all the Symptom/solution threads here and elsewhere, and I'm guessing this is Iron deficiency. I have fed them Nitrogen once a week, and water maybe 2 or 3 times a week. I have just transplanted them into these 2 gallon pots and began LST-ing.
What I used for LST was a copper wire stuck in the soil, pulling the plants down (I'm guessing a dumb idea?)
I read that Copper toxicity can cause Iron deficiency, and these symptoms showed a few days after LST when I watered them. Is it possible that the Copper oxidized or something? I suck at chemistry mind you.

I have removed the copper wires and used normal rope, just in case. I'm curious is my diagnosis of Iron deficiency correct, and what would be the next step to recovery?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Possible Iron defficiency? [Re: Triplexiosis]
    #277574 - 09/09/09 02:30 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

In soil I'd think it's a phosphorus deficiency rather then a iron one.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Possible Iron defficiency? [Re: Magash]
    #278657 - 09/10/09 11:03 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

+1  Looks like the beginning of a nasty P def. to me.  This one gets confused most with a Mg def as well.  One thing to remember when treating def is to make sure that this is not a problem caused by a nutrient lockout.  If your plant is locked out feeding it more nutes will not solve the problem and only make it worse.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineTriplexiosis
comes in peace
Male
Re: Possible Iron defficiency? [Re: coda]
    #278745 - 09/11/09 04:25 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you for replies. Now since I don't have a PH meter and am unsure if the nutrients are being locked out, would this be a proper (safe) course of action.
Flushing with distilled water, then feeding some Phosphorous (foliar perhaps?)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Possible Iron defficiency? [Re: Triplexiosis]
    #278943 - 09/11/09 07:05 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i wouldn't bother with the foliar, but a flush wouldn't hurt and then after a few days of rest a nice feeding with a high P solution.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineTriplexiosis
comes in peace
Male
Re: Possible Iron defficiency? [Re: coda]
    #281063 - 09/16/09 01:51 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks, I flushed (and did foliar feed a little, I guess I panicked, as very much of both their leaves started dying).
They are doing great now. Each plant lost almost all of their lover leaves, only the top two leaves remained with just a bit of their tips brown, otherwise healthy. New growth is very healthy and progressing fast, also side branches are showing more and more from where the big fan leaves used to be.
Again thank you very much guys for helping me not loose these I just hope they turn to be females.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder