Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineweeddude420

SCROG Grow Box Plans
    #269886 - 08/24/09 05:23 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hello fellow growers, I am new to the growery but I am planning on building a perpetually producing Scrog grow box during the next few weeks. I have had good outdoor grows but have never tried indoor scrog and i need some help from you pros.:smile: I plan on having an inner "grow box" (5'H, 3'W, 5'L)and an outer "safety", smell proof, light proof, sound proof box (5.5'H, 3.5'W, 5.5'L). The inner "grow box" will consist of 3 sections (Flowering (5'H, 3'W, 3'L) housing 4- 6 fem plants in pots + 1000w HPS/HID light + 16 comp fans, Vegetating (3.5'H, 3'W, 2'L) housing 6 fem in pots + 600w HPS/HID light + 6 comp fans, Cloning (1.5'H, 3'W, 2'L) housing ??? + CFLs + 1 comp fan. I plan on growing White Rigno and C99. I will also be attaching a picture of what i am planning to build shortly to help with ideas.

Are the sizes for my sections big enough for the number plants I plan to grow??:confused:
Are the light fixtures appropriate for what i want to grow??
Do i have to many/few comp fans ??they are 80X80 mm, 25000RPM, 32.5 CFM airflow. :confused:

I will be setting up plans as i go along and posting pictures of construction and my grow as it unfolds. Thank you for all your help and support!!:cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

Loc: NE Great Lake Region
Re: SCROG Grow Box Plans [Re: weeddude420]
    #274852 - 09/03/09 07:51 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

What are you doing for exhaust. I imagine 1000w's has it's own exhaust. Fuck 16 cpu fans. Why not just the hps exhaust+ either a stationary regular fan or an oscillating fan + a fan exhausting the chamber space 20$ at Wally's World. They're pretty quiet for stealth, and when they get loud, exchange it at cust. service for free.It will be A lot quieter than 16 mini fans, and definitely safer than that that many crossed circuits. i guess you have access to a lot of mini fans, but really, that is a lot.
Also, 1000 watts, is a lot of heat/energy in a very small space, but hey, whatever. If it does not have an exhaust built in to it's housing, you can construct one McGuyver style. Look around construction sites, buldings being torn down, etc. for exhaust piping. You will need make sure they're parts that handle constant, high heat, like furnace piping, shit like that. insulate the cabinet itself for heat dispersion. 12 hours daily of 1000 watts gets super fucking hot if your not careful.

I myself, don't recommend using such a powerful/dangerous light in such a small space. Besides, your specs say 5x3x5. your scrog will be spaced uneven using only one light. You could try two 500w's, or check out the libraries here for designs that utilize wall space to even out the lighting.

Get yourself a FIRE EXTINGUISHER!!!:chong:

Good luck, and have a kind grow.:ganja:

--------------------

.........."And You Will Come to Find, that WE are ALL, ONE MIND.....
.....Capable of ALL that's IMAGINED, and ALL That's CONCIEVABLE.....

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #275197 - 09/04/09 11:26 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Are the sizes for my sections big enough for the number plants I plan to grow??
Depends on how you prune the plants

Are the light fixtures appropriate for what i want to grow??
As long as you can keep them cool the'll work.

Do i have to many/few comp fans ??they are 80X80 mm, 25000RPM, 32.5 CFM airflow?
If the plants don't have windburn it isn't to much. That isn't to much.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlineweeddude420

Re: SCROG Grow Box Plans [Re: Magash]
    #283966 - 09/21/09 03:51 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Heyy man, I haven't logged on 4 a wile because I keep changing my sketches. What size do you think would be appropriate for a grow box to continually produce 6 flowering and 6 vegging plants (indicas and maybe some crosses mainly indica??
I will draw a sketch based on whatever ideas you can help me out with and post.

Lights: 420W total(10 X 42W CFL bulbs) or 400W HPS?
Pots: soil in 3g or 5g pots?
Fans: 8 80X80 mm, 25000RPM, 32.5 CFM airflow computer fans or +/- fans?
Exhaust: not sure, ideas? i will have a carbon air scrubber to clean air output.

Working space: hoping for max of 5H X 5L X 3W or if possible to do under, may add 1/2Ft if necessary but less space= better. It will be hidden under a pile of junk for stealth, I plan on having an inner and outer grow box. Inner will roll out on wheals from outer and have have 2 doors on either side.

any help would be greatly appreciated. Tank you:smile:

Offlinephotogolfskate
Stranger
    #486783 - 10/10/10 08:11 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Did you ever finish your box?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: SCROG Grow Box Plans [Re: photogolfskate]
    #486848 - 10/11/10 01:43 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

He hasn't been around in 9 months so I don't think he's gonna answer the question.

There easy enough to make.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder