Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineerikm
Stranger
 User Gallery

Would this fan work?
    #269971 - 08/24/09 07:56 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

So I have a pretty small grow cab, 2x3x4. Im going to have 3 plants in there with a 400w HPS. Will this fan properly vent the odor and heat through a carbon filter? Its 144 CFM
http://www.drillspot.com/products/493425/air_king_9904_space_saver_pivoting_personal_blower

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: Would this fan work? [Re: erikm]
    #269991 - 08/24/09 08:41 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I guess it depends on the carbon filter but that fan dosent put out that much air and if there is alot of restriction on the filter then that fan probably wont cut it

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Would this fan work? [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #269997 - 08/24/09 08:51 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

google how to calculate CFM and do the math. Not being an asshole just so you know for future reference. It would probably be fine using that fan though to answer your question.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlineerikm
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Would this fan work? [Re: mhbound]
    #270002 - 08/24/09 08:59 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
google how to calculate CFM and do the math. Not being an asshole just so you know for future reference. It would probably be fine using that fan though to answer your question.

Well that doesnt really apply, atleast I think, in my situation because of the carbon filter. I know the formula, but when you throw in the carbon filter, your going to need more CFM's then you would normally without a filter.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: Would this fan work? [Re: erikm]
    #270023 - 08/24/09 09:24 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Yes and no...I would rethink using a 400 watt bulb in such a small room or either buying a balast that will support more than 1 wattage bulb so you can use a 250 or something in the small room and one day use the 400 in a larger room. Heat is going to be a mother fucker to keep down in that small room especially with such a large lamp.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Would this fan work? [Re: mhbound]
    #270341 - 08/25/09 04:56 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Erikm, I know I suggested a couple types of fans for you already but here goes anyway....

Get a squirrel cage fan or an inline centrifugal fan. That said, the blower you linked too may well be a squirrel cage type fan but think about how you plan to use it. It will most likely need to be attached to some ducting which is going to be very difficult with that fan. If you still insist on using a cheap fan, at least consider the Stanley blower from walmart which you know will work acceptably.

The reason we suggest the expensive fans is because of a thing called static pressure. When you blow through a carbon filter, the air has to be "pushed" through the carbon in order for it to work. If you use something like a bathroom fan or a box fan, the air cannot get through the carbon and instead the blades just spin uselessly and no air is moved at all. Static pressure is the amount of "push" (pressure) that has to be generated inside the duct before it is able to move air through the carbon. So, you need to find a fan with some balls.... The only types of common fans fit the bill are squirrel cage and inline centrifugal fans.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: Would this fan work? [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #270344 - 08/25/09 05:04 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup:

I didn't want to put my time in to answering this because I figured you wouldn't listen so listen to him. Its well put, short and to the point.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies