Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCali_Quick
The New Guy

Ww, Tw, Pj. Many questions for experienced growers.
    #267796 - 08/20/09 01:23 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Disclaimer: Anything and Everything I say is a lie, I do not, will not, and do not support or condone growing or the use of Marijuana. Any pictures already exist on the internet and all statements that I make are lies and are not to be taken seriously.

Well this is my first grow and I received three plants today that seem to be about three weeks old (about 6-7inches, but have suffered cuts for cloning I presume) and I have them in a closet under two CFLs putting out 2700 lumens each with a box fan blowing towards them on the lowest setting.

Temp: 75-80 degrees
Humidity: (unknown, but it is not high, It is in a mountain climate)

They are in Super Soil in ( I think) a 3 gallon pot.

Here is my water/nutrient setup;

Distilled water + General Hydroponics Maxi-Grow (20-5-14 at 1 tsp per gallon) + Earth Juice "Hi-Brix" molasses

Question: I am currently watering them whenever the top three inches of the soil seem dry is this right?

Foilair feeding - Age Old Kelp (.30-.25-.15 mixed into 1 gallon of pH balanced distilled water then put into a 360 degree sprayer) Refer to the question below as I have not started this nutrient regimen on the plant.

Question: How often should I foilair feed and can it cause nutrient burning?

Question: How long should I keep them in Veg? I have three strains; White Widow, Train Wreck, and Purple jack.

EDIT: Well this forum seems to be dead and to be little or of no use to a practical grower since no information has been shared in response of this post and its already been 11 hours since the post, on shroomery, this thread would have already had all of the question answered, i have to say, I'm disappointed. <In spite of this I did find out that most poeple run a 1 month veg and a 2 month flower cycle from personal contacts>

Question: I do not have a HPS light or a ballast yet, are there any ones that stick out (good quality at a fair price?)

Question: I am currently using a solution to test the pH of the water, I have noticed that some people list nutes as ppm, is there a specific device to measure this like a combo tool that would measure the PH and would allow me to read the ppms of nutes?

Question: With three plants should I attempt a SOG with this soil setup? (not specifically addressing FurrowedBrow, but if you could answer this it would definitely help me with my grow), continually trimming the tops to keep them even?

Question: when people say flushing their plants, are they saying that they are just going to water them without feeding them, or is this the two weeks before harvest where they are not going to feed their plants any more food?
    <EDIT Flush - the act of cleansing a plant’s roots of nutrients and contaminants by giving the plant large amounts of water (usually equal to 3 times the volume of soil the plant is in). I found this on another site>

Question: wiping down leafs Is this done just by spraying the leafs with pH balanced water and wiping them down with a clean paper towel?

EDIT: < I asked a personal contact and they said that the above information was correct>

Question: If I spilled my water with food on the leafs of the plant what should I do (I would assume that I  should just wipe the leafs down, but it is better for one to learn than to assume)? will this harm the plant? 

EDIT: < I asked a personal contact and they said that the nutrients should be fine and that the leafs would absorb some of the nutes themselves, but to wipe them down if they appeared coated with a dried substance>

Can I get some opinions on this grow, any advice?

I will post pics ASAP to try and get some help with each plant so that you can see the specific problems with each of them.

Edited by Cali_Quick (08/20/09 06:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCali_Quick
The New Guy

Re: Ww, Tw, Pj. Many questions for experienced growers. *DELETED* [Re: Cali_Quick]
    #267969 - 08/20/09 03:18 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Cali_Quick

Reason for deletion: Double post i geuss

--------------------
Cali_Quick

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Ww, Tw, Pj. Many questions for experienced growers. [Re: Cali_Quick]
    #267973 - 08/20/09 03:21 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Double post.

--------------------

Edited by Cannaboid (08/20/09 03:28 PM)

OfflineCali_Quick
The New Guy

Re: Ww, Tw, Pj. Many questions for experienced growers. [Re: Cannaboid]
    #268055 - 08/20/09 06:03 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Are you just here to complain? or are you here to help? or are you just as unknowledgeable as I am on the subject of growing?

--------------------
Cali_Quick

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #268155 - 08/20/09 08:51 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Cali_Quick said:
Disclaimer: Anything and Everything I say is a lie, I do not, will not, and do not support or condone growing or the use of Marijuana. Any pictures already exist on the internet and all statements that I make are lies and are not to be taken seriously.

:lol: Gotta watch out for the 5.0! 

EDIT: Well this forum seems to be dead and to be little or of no use to a practical grower since no information has been shared in response of this post and its already been 11 hours since the post, on shroomery, this thread would have already had all of the question answered, i have to say, I'm disappointed. <In spite of this I did find out that most poeple run a 1 month veg and a 2 month flower cycle from personal contacts>

Yeah, i think that's about right.  i remember reading that flowering is usually 2x as long as the veg period. 

Question: I do not have a HPS light or a ballast yet, are there any ones that stick out (good quality at a fair price?)

I would recommend you spend a bit more money and get a digital ballast that supports both mh and hps bulbs.  Galaxy is what i recommend.  I've got a 400w galaxy ballast and a sunmaster yieldmaster supreme 2 reflector.  Shit works great!  Luminex is also good.

Question: I am currently using a solution to test the pH of the water, I have noticed that some people list nutes as ppm, is there a specific device to measure this like a combo tool that would measure the PH and would allow me to read the ppms of nutes?

ppm stands for parts per million.  Another measurement is electrical conductivity or total disolved solids.  Those are all basically the same thing.  This is typically used in hydroponic growing when you mix your nutes in a reservoir of water.  I have never done a soil grow so I am not entirely sure if ppm's even apply in that context. 

Question: With three plants should I attempt a SOG with this soil setup? (not specifically addressing FurrowedBrow, but if you could answer this it would definitely help me with my grow), continually trimming the tops to keep them even?

You definately dont want to trim the tops of your plants to maintain an even canopy.  low stress training is your best bet for that.  Cannabis is a very resilliant plant but still be careful as to not break a stem, if you do you can (cleanly) prepare and apply a splint to it.  I don't know if i would recommend a scrog for your first grow.  The SoG method involves growing many plants in smaller pots.  So not sure that ones for you atm. 

Question: when people say flushing their plants, are they saying that they are just going to water them without feeding them, or is this the two weeks before harvest where they are not going to feed their plants any more food?
    <EDIT Flush - the act of cleansing a plant’s roots of nutrients and contaminants by giving the plant large amounts of water (usually equal to 3 times the volume of soil the plant is in). I found this on another site>

^Yeah that's right.  You will want to do this to rid the taste of the chemicals in the bud you smell and smoke.  I think this is a pretty standard part of growing cannabis for the most part.  A lot of people will add a supplement to their flushes.  THere's a popular one i forget the name of atm.  They are supposedly designed to add additional nutes (sugars?) and add no taste.  This is all true for hydroponic growing.  Unfortunately that's all i have researched and applied.

Question: If I spilled my water with food on the leafs of the plant what should I do (I would assume that I  should just wipe the leafs down, but it is better for one to learn than to assume)? will this harm the plant? 

I have never done that or tried it really, but like i said above this is a pretty resilient plant.  I probably wouldn't hesitate to wipe it off.  I think it's better to just tap it dry, rather than wiping or letting it just sit on there and burn in the light. 

Yeah man post up some pics!  Sorry you didn't get a better response from any of us.  Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will come around.  Welcome to the growery!!

Also, you probably would have gotten more/better advice in the cultivation forum.  Are you goingg to make this into a grow log???

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #268160 - 08/20/09 08:53 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Cali_Quick said:
Are you just here to complain? or are you here to help? or are you just as unknowledgeable as I am on the subject of growing?

Here to complain, I didn't read the wall of text.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder