Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: FugueRider]
    #249800 - 07/15/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

DJ Shorts Blueberry is available at Seedboutique.com as is his Grape Krush...both of these are sat/ind hybrid and DJ is known for breeding really happy strains. These would be my #1 choice!
If the 150 dollar price tag is too much, THSeeds S.A.G.E. is said to be GREAT party weed for only $80, and if that's still too much you can get Mr. Nice Seeds "Shit" for around $50.  Mr Nice is one of the original breeders from the '70s and their gear is very well known and reliable...Neville and Shantibaba are kind of the fathers of modern cannabis breeding.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Edited by 81renaissance (07/15/09 07:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFugueRider
God! I Love Psychedelics!
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: 81renaissance]
    #249813 - 07/15/09 08:49 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Cool Dude - Yeah, if I can get a good yield out of this grow, that would be cool, and then I'll get moving on whatever I choose. Thanks for your input.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #249864 - 07/16/09 12:24 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I think your yield is gonna be shit (to be frank) but the quality should be awesome

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#249941 - 07/16/09 09:29 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
I think your yield is gonna be shit (to be frank) but the quality should be awesome

Yeah - That's what I'm afraid of too. Live and learn though eh? Things seemed to be going a little too smoothly for me. There simply had to be some kind of noob curve thrown in there...if only to keep me humble or something. Well, my new seeds are ordered, so I'm going to jump on something easier to grow.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #250036 - 07/16/09 01:35 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

What did you order?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#253587 - 07/23/09 07:52 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well, I went for the "Strong Marijuana Pack" from marijuana-seeds.nl. It came with ten each of White Widow, Ice, and Crystal. It was under a hundred dollars for all of them (not feminized) so I went for it. They said they also send five free marijuana seeds with each order. They sent them, but they aren't labeled, so I have no idea what they are. I guess they could be ditch weed seeds for all I know. (Although I doubt it).

On another note. My plants are slowly flowering...slowly being the operative word here. They are now four times bigger than when I turned them and still growing fast. I have them both bent way over and tied to the wall, and will grow them in a spiral around the room until they finish. God man, if these keep growing at the rate they have been growing, and they take say...twelve weeks to finish (if they ever do finish). Then the taller one will be around twelve feet tall, and the smaller one will be around eight. What an adventure huh?! Regardless if they finish or not, I'm going to have a weird spiraled marijuana tree in my closet. I guess that's worth something eh?

Whelp! I've had waaayyy tooo much coffee, and need to get back to studying. Peace.

I'll post some pics tomorrow. Peace.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#253592 - 07/23/09 07:58 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

They shipped fast too. I ordered 'em on the sixteenth, and they got here today. It is very cool the way they do it. I even got a cheesy CD with 'em!

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #253698 - 07/23/09 10:51 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I ordered my Blue mystic and Mango from there a couple of weeks ago. Nice shipping right(the time and packaging method). The 5 free seeds you get are Mazar x Afghan. IIts supposed to be an Canabiss cup 2nd place winner crossed with Afghan to increase the yield. I planted one of each of mine and all 3 sprouted.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Integra21]
    #253763 - 07/23/09 11:59 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/251112

I have not been hearing good things about that seedbank.
Next time I would go with an established breeder.
If you got those strains for under a bill, I doubt that they are the genetics they claim to be.
Keepin it real.
Remember...established breeders/banks ALWAYS.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#254963 - 07/25/09 04:32 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/251112

I have not been hearing good things about that seedbank.
Next time I would go with an established breeder.
If you got those strains for under a bill, I doubt that they are the genetics they claim to be.
Keepin it real.
Remember...established breeders/banks ALWAYS.

Bummer, I got their name from this site...on a thread where people posted about good seed banks. Everybody was real positive about 'em. We'll see I guess.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#254974 - 07/25/09 04:39 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Here are some pics. I think up until now, I have been thinking that the buds were new leaves that were growing. I thought that the pistils would just keep on sprouting, and then somehow become the buds. I opened up my closet this morning and thought "Jesus, those look like buds"! What do y'all think. The pics may not be good enough. If they are not, then I will wait another week and post some fresh ones.

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #254978 - 07/25/09 04:43 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

sure looks like the start of pistils to me. In a week it should be more obvious. And I still wouldnt worry to much about the seed bank. My seeds were nothing like what the person bashing the site got. Mine looked great.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Integra21]
    #254983 - 07/25/09 04:53 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Integra21 said:
sure looks like the start of pistils to me. In a week it should be more obvious. And I still wouldnt worry to much about the seed bank. My seeds were nothing like what the person bashing the site got. Mine looked great.

I guess I'm unclear about what pistils are. I thought pistils were the brown and white looking hairs that come out of the node areas...before budding begins.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #255040 - 07/25/09 06:03 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

They do...but they will come out of a little green pouch-looking calyx...they are usually all white to begin with..and become brown with age. These little hairs are the pollen catchers for the "ovaries" in the calyx. Not to be confused with stipules...which are small green hairs that poke out of node areas...but are usually thicker and easily distinguishable from the pistils.

The plant looks amazing btw...I would love to grow something that sativa...and waste just under half a year for some dynamite bud...:grin:

But for now im stuck with bagseed...and hopefully mandala soon...

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Data]
    #259303 - 08/03/09 09:26 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Well, my two plants started budding just fine. One of them is still budding just fine. Of the two plants, it is the one I always thought was stronger and the more vibrant of the two. Here are pics of that one.

The one that has kind of halted its budding process appears to be dieing. I have no idea why. There is no mold. I haven't changed the nutrient/feeding cycles. It just has kind of halted its growth and now appears to be dieing. The leaves are curling up, and are turning brown in some spots. It looks like nutrient burn, but I am pretty sure it can't be because nothing has changed in terms of nutes.

It is not a huge deal because I wasn't planning on using those genetics anymore anyway. That plant has been stretching like a maniac. It is like a border collie that really just needs to be outside. So I have a bunch of clones from the strong plant that are ready to turn as soon as this flowering cycle is through. I thought the flowering would be through sooner than it is, so those clones are getting a little bit bigger than I would like...given the way the other ones stretched. It would have been nice though to get a swell harvest of smoke from it. I don't know what I can do though unless someone here has some ideas.

Well, that is all for this week. I'll keep checking in for any ideas about what to do about this plant that seems to be dieing.

Peace.

Edited by FugueRider (08/03/09 09:32 PM)

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #259305 - 08/03/09 09:28 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Nice hands dude!

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Triptonic]
    #259307 - 08/03/09 09:34 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

:rotfl:

nice looking ladies!  wanna sex em up!  mucho mucho

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #260301 - 08/05/09 08:29 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I have solved the problem with the dieing plant. It was just too close to the lamp...duh. The other, stronger looking plant is the same distance and had no problems, so I didn't think the one might be affected.

My plants seem a lot more touchy as flowering continues. I talk to them everyday though, and try to figure out what they need. They seem to need a whole lot more water recently. Is this normal during flowering? I'm not worried or anything...just curious. For sure though, a de-chlorinater is on the menu for next time. This buying bottled water is absurd. It is ok with two plants, but if I was to have like six plants or something, then if would become waaaaay to expensive.

Also, when do trichomes begin to appear. Given that I am not entirely positive of the genetics of my plant other than to know that it is a very sativa strain of weed...I guess I need to ask the question from the standpoint of, how many weeks before harvest do the trichomes begin to appear? I would like to give my plants a good week and a half to two weeks to flush all the nutes out.

Peace

Edited by FugueRider (08/05/09 08:41 PM)

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#266363 - 08/16/09 09:28 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Here is the status of things. My plants seem to be doing pretty well. Here are some pics of how they look. Of the two plants, one is definitely going to be a significantly heavier yielder. I have about eight clones of that one that are vegging under flourescents, and that are ready to turn as soon as I harvest these. So these are pics of that plant.

Both of my plants have started to show trichomes during the last week. I went out today and bought one of those little pocket microscopes from Radio Shack that magnifies to 100x. The trichomes are iconic little mushroom looking things, and maybe five to ten percent of them are starting to turn milky.

So my question now is when I should start flushing nutes. I have heard to start flushing as soon as I start seeing milky trichomes, but would like to check in before I go ahead and start flushing.

So what do y'all think?

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #266365 - 08/16/09 09:40 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Nice first grow buddy! :billymaythumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder