Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSurad
Stranger
first grow strain choice
    #249162 - 07/13/09 06:43 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I have a few questions

1: what is the shelf life of seeds

2: which strain would produce the least smell, or at least least suspicious smell when grown in a closet, also it has to be a short small plant that is easy to grow and relatively small, preferably sativa but I know these are indica traits

3: and how much of an issue is smell during a grow, like will the room that the closet is attached to reak like weed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetrichome
THC
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: first grow strain choice [Re: Surad]
    #250235 - 07/16/09 09:38 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

1: what is the shelf life of seeds
>>at least a year when kept cool, dry, and in the dark.

2: which strain would produce the least smell, or at least least suspicious smell when grown in a closet, also it has to be a short small plant that is easy to grow and relatively small, preferably sativa but I know these are indica traits

>>>I've heard that Northern Lights is a low odor strain, use topping and/or training techniques to keep your plant small, go for a hybrid.

3: and how much of an issue is smell during a grow, like will the room that the closet is attached to reak like weed

>>>Varies, usually pretty significant.  Depends on how much weed you have growing, and where you are venting the exhaust.  Some strains smell intoxicatingly strong, while others are barely noticeable.
A carbon air filter (homemade) will eliminate smell if used properly; but it requires a more expensive fan.

--------------------
:baggy::arabs::baggy:

OfflineSurad
Stranger
Re: first grow strain choice [Re: trichome]
    #250770 - 07/17/09 02:56 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

yea I would only be growing 1 plant at a time, so all of these questions pertain to that

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: first grow strain choice [Re: Surad]
    #251136 - 07/18/09 04:36 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

check out mandala seeds at seedboutique or at their homepage.  They've got high quality, inexpensive, low odor strains available.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds