Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com CVG Mushroom Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLightShedder
 User Gallery

I want bud not leaves!!!
    #249797 - 07/15/09 07:27 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Sometimes I will come across bud that is big and dense. If I were to break up a typical bud, then the matter would be mostly buds. However, sometimes I will get locally grown stuff that is 90% leaves and if I dig through all the leaves then I will eventually find tiny buds wrapped around the stem.

When I grow bud soon, I would like to achieve the former of the two types I just described. Is the key to doing this just waiting until it buds enough then properly trimming or are there grow techniques to help achieve this?

--------------------
Wait- nevermind. I take back everything I just said. Goddamn me and my compulsive lying habits.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLightShedder
 User Gallery

Re: I want bud not leaves!!! [Re: LightShedder]
    #250205 - 07/16/09 09:11 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Damn this place sure ain't bouncin like the shroomery.

I find this interesting considering how much more common pot is than mushrooms.

--------------------
Wait- nevermind. I take back everything I just said. Goddamn me and my compulsive lying habits.

Offlinetrichome
THC
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #250227 - 07/16/09 09:27 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Lots of light = less leaves and more buds.  That means less plants in a smaller area for high quality instead of maximum commercial yeild at low quality.

--------------------
:baggy::arabs::baggy:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #250333 - 07/16/09 10:42 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LightShedder said:
Damn this place sure ain't bouncin like the shroomery.

I find this interesting considering how much more common pot is than mushrooms.

Which has been around longer? Thats right the shroomery lol. You cant compare the two. This place is more filled with people with knowledge than all noobs.

OfflineIce House
Rider on the Storm
 User Gallery

Loc: SW WA
Re: I want bud not leaves!!! [Re: trichome]
    #250367 - 07/16/09 11:12 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

trichome said:
Lots of light = less leaves and more buds.  That means less plants in a smaller area for high quality instead of maximum commercial yield at low quality.

Speaking from experience, I do grow BIG buds, I cant say that I agree. You absolutely positively NEED big leaves to get big buds. Your big fan leaves are what collects light and Carbon Dioxide and combine with the nutrients taken in by the roots to create Energy. The more big sets of fan leaves you have the more potential energy that plant can generate with the proper light, temps, water and nutes. Do you want a sure fire receipt for fucking up a budding cycle cut all your big leaves off before you induce budding. lol.

LightShredder I believe the answer you need to hear, that answers your original question is, Before you start to grow make sure you have gotten a hold of the proper genetics required to get the final product that you want. Bag seeds from marginal weed will get you at best more marginal weed. I don t care how great you grow, I don't care how great your state of the art grow room is if you have shitty genetics you will have at the very best high quality shitty weed.
If you want the buds that you described in the beginning of you posting you gotta track down some good seeds preferably at least F1 or get a hold of some clones. Clones of shitty genetics get you shitty weed no matter the grow tek.

Check out my main threads and you'll see some pics of big sticky buds They were easy to grow in a small space and I had lots of big leaves on em when they flowered. I used simple growing teks and had great yields. I believe I give information in one of the threads on how I achieved my results. I do start with the best genetics I can get a hold of every time that's a must.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: I want bud not leaves!!! [Re: Ice House]
    #250380 - 07/16/09 11:19 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

You are right my good sir. Mainly more light= Bigger more healthy buds and leaves. Big leaves for more light absorbtion and the buds pack more tightly with more light.

OfflineZippy
Needlepoint
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz
Re: I want bud not leaves!!! [Re: Triptonic]
    #250382 - 07/16/09 11:21 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Smoke da leaves they get you highhhhhhh :vaped:

--------------------
Even a fish could stay out of trouble if he learned to keep his mouth shut.
Indoor Floro Troublemaker/ Troublemaker x WW grow
Indoor 1000w HPS Soil Grow- *updated*

OfflineLightShedder
 User Gallery

Re: I want bud not leaves!!! [Re: Zippy]
    #250905 - 07/17/09 09:15 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for all the help folks. Ice house I'll check out your thread.

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #250908 - 07/17/09 09:37 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LightShedder said:
Sometimes I will come across bud that is big and dense. If I were to break up a typical bud, then the matter would be mostly buds. However, sometimes I will get locally grown stuff that is 90% leaves and if I dig through all the leaves then I will eventually find tiny buds wrapped around the stem.

When I grow bud soon, I would like to achieve the former of the two types I just described. Is the key to doing this just waiting until it buds enough then properly trimming or are there grow techniques to help achieve this?

Proper trimming will cure your problem. If your buds are 90% leaf your not getting good bud, sounds more like bottom undeveloped buds.

Genetics play a major factor in bud density but good growing techniques will make some mighty fine herb. Check out this whole site for good advice from growers who have proven techniques.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com CVG Mushroom Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds