Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: FugueRider]
    #245811 - 07/03/09 06:14 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds good then.  When you touch the sticky leaves, you're probably just poppin' all them li'l resin glands that are lofting up with the flowers.  Indeed, sounds like the dank!

Don't rub it all off now just to get the smell. :wink:  The smoke will be even better! :gethigh:

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFugueRider
God! I Love Psychedelics!
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: geokills]
    #245834 - 07/03/09 10:15 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
Sounds good then.  When you touch the sticky leaves, you're probably just poppin' all them li'l resin glands that are lofting up with the flowers.  Indeed, sounds like the dank!

Don't rub it all off now just to get the smell. :wink:  The smoke will be even better! :gethigh:

Yeah! I ain't touchin' no more dude. When I first began to notice it..well, you can imagine that it felt pretty good to realize that I may be growing a couple of fairly iconic marijuana plants. So I just wanted to check.

When I dropped acid and was smokin' this stuff in the mountains...my whole trip turned into a pretty far out thing about being in ancient China, and being a gaurdian of his holy emperor's, (the gracious Lord of the realm and all that jazz) cannabis sativa fields.

Jesus man! I just can't wait for the harvest! I ain't going to touch it either until it has been immaculately dried and cured so that it is REEAAALLLL primo. Once that is done though, I'll have to set aside a special day to do nothing but just smoke and smoke.

:sun:  Peace  :sun:

Edited by FugueRider (07/03/09 10:34 PM)

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#246779 - 07/07/09 03:42 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

So when should I be seeing buds. My plants appear to be female; there appears to resin production in the leaves and stalk, but it is still not flowering...and it has been one day shy of four weeks since I starteed flowering. The flowering times I have seen for this strain are between ten and eleven weeks...with some people going as many as fourteen. Should I be seeing flowers by now though?

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #246815 - 07/07/09 04:55 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

pics?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineAudz

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: 81renaissance]
    #246869 - 07/07/09 06:21 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Do your budsites have pistils blowing out of them like crazy? At four week along, if you're not seeing pistils, you either have a pure sativa that's taking it's time or something is seriously wrong. I'm presuming more of the former than the latter, so I'd say just give it time and they should turn into big fat buds.

But yes, pictures would be very nice!

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Audz]
    #247164 - 07/08/09 09:21 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'll get some pics and post them tonight.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #247263 - 07/08/09 03:11 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

That will be the true test of what's going on here.  Anxious to see em'!

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Trusted Cultivator
    #247280 - 07/08/09 04:21 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, four weeks and no signs of flowers yet?  That's pretty insane.  I've never been privy to watching over a pure sativa (which could explain my surprise), as all the sativa/indica hybrids I've seen have shown noticeable flowers within ten days of changing the light cycle to 12/12.

How often have you been feeding your plant?  With what?

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#247443 - 07/08/09 10:28 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Alright - This first pic is of the two plants looking healthy in general. I had to pull the really tall one over and tie it to the wall this morning since it is almost six feet tall now. (I turned it when it was under two feet.)

Here are some of the leaves looking nice and healthy...each leaf iss from a different plant.

Here are some of the chutes up top that have some pistols on them...but not very many:

I know these pics are kind of rough, I just can't get too close to be able to focus very well with my camera on the pistols.

Also, I am feeding it with Advanced Nutrients. I am using their sesni bloom 1 and 2; F1; H2; Big Bud and Bud Candy.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #247507 - 07/09/09 12:52 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Those things look sativa as FUCK!  Give 'em more time for sure.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #247515 - 07/09/09 01:00 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

ya man actually I was going to ask you if I could use your pics for my thread here. to help people tell the difference between sativa's and indica's.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Triptonic]
    #247575 - 07/09/09 06:26 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

triptonic said:
ya man actually I was going to ask you if I could use your pics for my thread here. to help people tell the difference between sativa's and indica's.

Have at it brother!

:sun: Peace :sun:

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#247577 - 07/09/09 06:29 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well cool y'all - Thanks for the posts. I am feeling better now. I would hate to go to all this work only to get nothing. It sounds like I am on the right track though. Ciao y'all.

:sun:  peace  :sun:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #247668 - 07/09/09 01:16 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Looks like your pics are gone dude! lol at least for me. You should PM them over if ya can.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Triptonic]
    #249618 - 07/15/09 07:29 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Here are some pics as I end week five of flower. There is at least enough flowering action that I can get a decent pic with my camera. Overall however, I just feel worried...like something is broken with my grow. There is no light leak. I know that for certain. Maybe this strain just has a REALLY long flower time.

I posted on Roll it Up.org, and some guy told me to reduce the lighting to 6/18 to help induce flwering. What does anyone here think of that. I'm not going to do it unless I get other confirmation that it may work to get this thing going a little bit.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #249619 - 07/15/09 07:50 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

6/18 is overkill, but like I said before, that thing has all the visible appearances of a pure Sativa.  Those fan leaves look like razors; not the slightest bit of Indica influence there.
I also just re-read your post with the fan leaf pictures, and noted that your plant did a 3x stretch after the 12/12 switch.  This is also indicative of a very Sativa leaning pheno/strain.
Don't do 6/18-a dramatic change like that is begging for hermaphrodites; if you want to change your lighting schedule go to 11/13.  I've given this advice before, and I would expect that to help trigger flowering in an equatorial Sativa.

A question for you: I know originally you were calling these NYC Sour Diesel Kush and one of the members corrected you; at that point you just called them NYC Sour Diesel.  I'm curious as to whether you called them by these names b/c that's what the guy who gave them to you called them?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Edited by 81renaissance (07/15/09 07:57 AM)

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#249752 - 07/15/09 05:18 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
A question for you: I know originally you were calling these NYC Sour Diesel Kush and one of the members corrected you; at that point you just called them NYC Sour Diesel.  I'm curious as to whether you called them by these names b/c that's what the guy who gave them to you called them?

The guy that gave them to me just said the seeds were NYCSD. For some reason, I thought he said NYCSD Kush. I am the one that added the kush in there...and then retracted it. Since then, I asked him so I could be sure (I see him once very couple of months or so)...and he said they were NYCSD. He said he feminized them himself.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#249758 - 07/15/09 05:28 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
...that thing has all the visible appearances of a pure Sativa.  Those fan leaves look like razors; not the slightest bit of Indica influence there.

I also just re-read your post with the fan leaf pictures, and noted that your plant did a 3x stretch after the 12/12 switch.  This is also indicative of a very Sativa leaning pheno/strain.

There seem to be two pretty distinct phenotypes (I think I am using the vocabulary correctly) between the two plants. One has stretched about one and a half times so far. It is the one with the slightly fatter fan leaves (the pic that has eleven leaves on the fan leaf). The other one is the one that has stretched nearly 4x now, and has the super thin leaves. That one just keeps going. I bent it sideways as much as I dared and pinned it to the wall once it overtook my grow light. Now a bunch of chutes are stretching towards the light, and look like they could overtake the height of the light within two to three weeks if they keep growing.

The flowering on both plants however, is identical. I'm going to go with it I guess. What else am I going to do? I've searched and searched on the matter. I have read of flowring times on sativa plants that are as long as sixteen weeks. I have read flowering times on NYSD (if that is what I really have) as long as fourteen weeks. So maybe I just have to wait it out. We shall see I guess.

I'm just biting my nails a little bit. Plus when I spend too much time studying my calculus, I tend to get depressed...so I wrote last night after a long stretch of wrapping my mind around infinite series. So I was pretty sad by the time the evening was through.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #249765 - 07/15/09 05:47 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

truthfully, if you have a 100 day flowering pheno it isn't any good commercially speaking, but if you can wait it out it will PAY OFF big time as head stash.
:2cents:
Oh yeah, and you did use the term "phenotype" correctly.  :congrats:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#249795 - 07/15/09 07:10 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
truthfully, if you have a 100 day flowering pheno it isn't any good commercially speaking, but if you can wait it out it will PAY OFF big time as head stash.

Yeah, everyone says it is going to be pretty solid once it is done. I have smoked some of something pretty similar and it was just awesome. I am going to order some more seeds however, of something with a more normal flowering time...so that by the time this is done, my new plants might be ready to turn, or at least close to it.

You got any suggestions for a potent...high yielding strain? Preferably a Sativa/indica mix. I dont' dig that total body stone of a heavy Indica.

:sun:  Peace  :sun:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds