Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineaacoree
Stranger
Dying plant?
    #246727 - 07/07/09 01:40 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Okay this is a tough one.  No clue what has happened to the plants.  My PH was way out of wack so I got it to about 5.5-6.  This is what I usually go for and it works fine.  Anyone know what could cause this.  This happened so quick I have no clue what to try now.  Someone said i may be watering too much.  I am watering 15 minutes every 45 minutes.  Lights are on from 6:30am - 12am (midnight).  Maybe too much light?  The plants were doing great then boom this happened.....

Edited by aacoree (07/07/09 07:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dying plant? [Re: aacoree]
    #246749 - 07/07/09 02:27 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i don't think you can give to much light. Over watering is a strong possibility. Are you also misting the leaves? I see a leaf far right bottom that looks shiney or wet. What are you feeding and when?

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineStickyIcky
 User Gallery

Re: Dying plant? [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #246808 - 07/07/09 04:48 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

honestly if you were overwatering them, they would be fuller but just drooppy heavy water-ladened leaves.

How close are they to the light and what type of light is it?

Also, as SpaceMonkey said, what are you feeding it and how much of the substances are you using.

Many many variables to check

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dying plant? [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #246813 - 07/07/09 04:53 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Pending the info on what growing method you're using(looks like hydro in hydroton), it sounds like you are watering too much, but I'd expect droopy leaves from that, and that "eagle claw" look is generally a sign of pH issues.
Is this a new strain for you?
My best guess based on the dying tips of the leaves, the lime green color, and the claw is that you have a nitrogen lockout due to low pH.
Best uptake of N in hydro grows is around 5.8, and make sure you've calibrated your pH tester.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Dying plant? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #246858 - 07/07/09 06:11 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
Pending the info on what growing method you're using(looks like hydro in hydroton), it sounds like you are watering too much, but I'd expect droopy leaves from that, and that "eagle claw" look is generally a sign of pH issues.
Is this a new strain for you?
My best guess based on the dying tips of the leaves, the lime green color, and the claw is that you have a nitrogen lockout due to low pH.
Best uptake of N in hydro grows is around 5.8, and make sure you've calibrated your pH tester.

:headbang:

Offlineaacoree
Stranger
Re: Dying plant? [Re: Triptonic]
    #247262 - 07/08/09 03:09 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well I added more nutrients.  Getting to PH here in a few minutes. 

I have 8 gal of water in the system. 

Nutrients:
Botanicare Liquid Karma
Botanicare PureBlend Pro Gro
MagiCal (magnesium calcium and Iron)

It seems that I am in the vegetation stage.  When I added more nutrients the top leaves looks like a healthy green.  No luck on the other leaves yet.  Going to give it another day.

I called botanicare and the rep said i may need to water more. 
I have 15 minutes on and 30 minutes off of water. 

PH seems to be okay too!

Anyone else have suggestions?

Edited by aacoree (07/08/09 03:17 PM)

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #247267 - 07/08/09 03:36 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

aacoree said:
Okay this is a tough one.  No clue what has happened to the plants.  My PH was way out of wack so I got it to about 5.5-6.  This is what I usually go for and it works fine.  Anyone know what could cause this.  This happened so quick I have no clue what to try now.  Someone said i may be watering too much.  I am watering 15 minutes every 45 minutes.  Lights are on from 6:30am - 12am (midnight).  Maybe too much light?  The plants were doing great then boom this happened.....

you never actually said what was happening to your plants? if a ph spike is all then balance the ph out, test your ppm that could be the reason it spiked, possibly because maybe you forgot to "top off" your resivoir....

and a little more info would be nice (pictures speak a thousand words)
is this your first hydro grow?

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Edited by Dr. Siekadellyk (07/08/09 03:38 PM)

Offlineaacoree
Stranger
Re: Dying plant? [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #247281 - 07/08/09 04:21 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

yeah my first hydro.  had a pic but it is missing.  I believe i figured it out.  I was not putting the correct amount of nutrients in the water.  I was way below.  Don't know what I was thinking when I put the nutrients in.  Top leaves looking greener!!!!!!!  will post tomorrow with results

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #247287 - 07/08/09 04:41 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I was not putting the correct amount of nutrients in the water.  I was way below.

yes thats your ppm/ec levels....that tells you how diluted or concentrated the nutrients are.....nutrient solutions used to grow cannabis are usually in between 500-2000ppm, but in general try to keep it between 800-1200pmm......its always better to have it too low than to high, so dont OD your plants, you can always add more later......if its too high add more water if its too low add more nutrients.....

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Edited by Dr. Siekadellyk (07/08/09 04:46 PM)

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dying plant? [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #247293 - 07/08/09 05:21 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

heh heh...
pH was a red herring I guess.  Still, that claw...
Shows how much us soil growers know about hydro. :rolleyes:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds