Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAudz

Autoflower Strains
    #244601 - 06/30/09 11:20 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

So I've been doing some research into these new fangled auto-flowering strains and it's starting to look like they're getting to the point where they're worth growing. I've been looking around and I've narrowed my list down to four different strains; AutoAK47, Masterlow, White Dwarf, and (I think it's called) BlueRider (whatever mDanzig's AF is called). Anyone have any experience with these? I've seen quite a few growlogs with the auto AK and it looks downright tasty, but I was just curious if anyone had any comments on the strain as a whole.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Autoflower Strains [Re: Audz]
    #244604 - 06/30/09 12:11 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

We seem to have alot of autoflowering mj out here. Story has it that they used to grow trees out here till green harvest started buzzing the hell out of the sky with there choppers. So growers started growing stuff like blueberry. Plants that stayed low and finished quick.

I have made severl grow ops here too and the last grow was automatic. Getting about 10 - 14 inches high. Started flowering from seedling till harvest 3 months later. Potent high's on all them. Got another one going right now too that looks automatic. They are seedlings but the leaf sets are staggering like the auto's i have grown before.

I am not sure what any of the strains are for the seeds i acquire. but seem plenty potent and a tasty smoke. Just end up with very small yields in the end. Lowlife has a couple automatic breeds out for sale on the net too.
Automatic AK47 :  Indoor/Outdoor
Automatic AK47 x Automatic Blueberry :  Indoor/Outdoor
Automatic A47 x Automatic Hindu kush :  Indoor
Automatic Hindu Kush :  Indoor
Automatic White Russian :  Indoor/Outdoor

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Autoflower Strains [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #244645 - 06/30/09 02:40 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

The auto ak is a nice plant I have personally grown it. It's really the only thing I can say but I recommend it and others will as well.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineAudz

Re: Autoflower Strains [Re: mhbound]
    #244926 - 07/01/09 11:04 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

It looks to me like most of the AF strains are primarily indica, are there any mostly sativa crosses worth a damn out there?

Quote:

mhbound said:
The auto ak is a nice plant I have personally grown it. It's really the only thing I can say but I recommend it and others will as well.

What were your yields per plant? I've heard anywhere in the range of 15 to 25 grams/plant was the norm, that sound about right?

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #244939 - 07/01/09 12:05 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I can't answer for mhbound, but my auto girls, 6 of them only produced a little over an ounce. From what i have seen, they get about 10-14 inches tall, one single stem with little to no branching. They do not produce alot and we never weighed each individual plant to find exactly what they weighed.

This set of girls were grown out side in the spring late winter here, so was a short season for us. But am trying a new batch of auto's now, its the long summer season so maybe they will get a bit bulkier this time round.

Edit: here's a link to my post with the auto girls, got pictures!
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/234664

--------------------

Edited by SpaceMonkey (07/01/09 12:07 PM)

OfflineAudz

#244952 - 07/01/09 12:24 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

By spring/late winter, I'm assuming that means like 10hours of light a day? That would explain your relatively low yield, the breeders are saying 20/4 is the best light cycle, but I suppose that's not too realistic outside. How would you say the potency compares to regular flowering plants? Anyways, thanks for the info/linkage.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #244955 - 07/01/09 12:32 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

the potency was excellent!
Yeah i am sure that indoor would be awsome for them. They could produce to there fullest. But i don't know really why someone would waste time indoors with automatics. Outdoors for early winter zones would be ideal i think. The "sea of green" method would be ideal for this kinda plant too

So the plants in the pics were planted in early February and finished up in first part of June.

--------------------

OfflineAudz

#244957 - 07/01/09 12:40 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

SoG is exactly what I was thinking. Unfortunately, outdoors for me is not really possible for a number of reasons. But even in my square footage in my cabinet, I could squeeze a whole bunch of these little guys in a SoG setup. Assuming half a square foot each, I could probably get 12 in there. Further assuming your yields, that would net about 2 O's every 3 months, which is just over our usage.

I'm a little surprised at how long yours took. All the breeder pages say 8-9 weeks from seed to bud but you're at about 15 or so weeks.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #244967 - 07/01/09 01:01 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I think it would be ideal for SoG, Actually i think that would be the only method worth growing with these. With proper lighting and a controlled environment you could get the maximum growth out of them.

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #245022 - 07/01/09 03:19 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I've grown the AK47 x blueberry by lowlife seeds.
60 days from germinated seed to harvest.
Great buzz.
The same seed has not been aviallable, so I just ordered AK47 x diesel.
I like the auto flowering. Glad I had them in good soil. Was not ready for fast flowering.
Will have a place to make seed this time around.

Good Luck

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder