Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFugueRider
God! I Love Psychedelics!
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: 81renaissance]
    #234068 - 05/29/09 09:44 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

OK, I just transplanted. My plant has about six inches of height. The picture below isn't my own though. I didn't have the presence of mind to take my own picture while I was transplanting because I wanted to get it done with as quick as possible so as not to traumatize the plant. The roots in this image  (harvested from the internet) is almost what my roots looked like. My roots were maybe like about three quarters of what this one looks like.

I was pretty surprised. I didn't expect my roots to be that developed yet. Is that about normal? I am just curious. I have been using advanced nutrients, and their whole trip is getting the roots to be as strong and rotund as possible (from what I understand anyway). I started using them a while back, and have since been advised that I should have waited. But it is too late now. I started them off at about 250 ppm, and have slowly bumped it up to about 500 ppm so far. I am wondering if the nutes are worth the bread I laid down for 'em.

Also...the guys at the hydro shop said that 1200 ppm is the outer limit of where I would want to go. So I was going to slowly push the ppm's up to about 1000 and stop there. But I would like to throw that past the board and see what peoples think.

:sun: Peace :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: FugueRider]
    #235091 - 06/01/09 04:04 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Here is a pic of my plants this week. Actually, this is just one of 'em. The other one seems to be coming along fine, but the genetics just don't look as strong as this one. It is a lot wider than it is tall. At its widest point, it is barely shy of one foot wide, and the plant is five inches tall. I am pretty sure it is female. It has those characteristic "hair" looking things. I tried to take some pictures of it however, and my camera just ain't good enough. I gotta let the thing get bigger and then I'll post about the sex.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#235093 - 06/01/09 04:08 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

The smell is already permeating my entire basement. My grow area is in a sealed closet in a closed back room in the basement. And as soon as I go down into the basement, I smell it. It doesn't smell very much like marijuana or anything...only faintly so. But it smells like..."fresh herb". It just smells great.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#236483 - 06/04/09 06:12 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FugueRider said:
Quote:

81renaissance said:
Did your seeds come from a seedbank, or were they made by your friend?
If your friend bred them himself, I'm curious to know what method he used to get fem seeds, and if they're from a seedbank, they're not the original Sour D cuz they weren't ever produced as a fem line.
Not trying to be negative, just wanna make sure you know what's up so you can make sure you've got what your buddy says you got.

He bred them himself. I will have to ask him how he did it. It may be a while until I see him, but I'll ask him the next time we see each other. You've got me interested.

Ok, I saw my friend today. He explained the process but basically said he subjected the plants to excessive light along with a male plant...or something like that. I thought I would remember better what he said, but that is about as good as my recollection gets. He has a degree in botany though; runs a hydro shop and seems to really be confident in what he is doing. So that is that I guess.

:sun:  Peace  :sun:

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#237717 - 06/08/09 06:28 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Big Bummer - I woke up this morning and found that my light was off. I hurried off to the hydro shop to find out what was busted, and it turned out that my ballast was out. So I bought a new ballast. The bummer thing is that it is possible that my lights had been off for a little over twelve hours at that point. I can't know how long, but twelve is possible. The guy at the store said that if I got the plant back onto its veg cycle, that I ran the risk of my plants maybe becoming hermaphrodites (taking for granted that they are both females). So he said I should go ahead and start flowering them. It was my first day of summer school, and I really didn't want to miss the first day and fall behind. So I had to take his word for it and rush home to get the thing set up. I didn't have the time to post and check with others about the matter.

So at any rate, I started my plants on a flowering cycle today. I am kind of bummed because they were really starting to take off, and were growing nearly an inch a day. Anyway, one of them is thirteen inches tall and has six nodes. The other one is eleven inches tall and has five nodes. So I am committed now I guess. At any rate, here is what I got:

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #237728 - 06/08/09 06:41 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Could have been worse.  At least your home didn't completely flood.  You can recover from the cycle disruption.  The plants look pretty good to me!  Keep us posted...

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Trusted Cultivator
    #237732 - 06/08/09 06:52 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

It's all good. :ganja:

I've witnessed attempts to re-veg plants that were thrown into flowering accidentally and it's not pretty.
Better to flower now and then you'll have a nice tasty smoke for yourself in not too long. :tongue2::spliff:

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: geokills]
    #237740 - 06/08/09 07:25 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the encouragement. I was hoping for about another foot and a half of growth before flowering. All is well however, I just gotta remember that this is my first time, to just chalk up everything to experience, have fun and keep a positive outlook on the matter.

Between mycology and now this, I am digging the idea of having so many living things around me. There isn't any science to it or anything, but it just makes me feel good. It seems to be affecting me in a positive way that I didn't foresee at all.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: 81renaissance]
    #238514 - 06/10/09 11:37 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

My grow space seems to have heated up from the upper eighties to the lower nineties (91 - 93) over the last few days. I have a fan blowing in there; my light has duct hooked up to it that sucks at least some of the heat it generates and expels it; and there is plenty of FAE getting there vis-a-vis some other duct work. I am leaving the windows in the basement open to that cooler air from the outside can fill the area where the duct work is sucking in FAE...and I still can't get the area below ninety. My plants look really great though, and are growing an inch a day or more now.

I am just unsure about this temperature matter and am wondering if the heat is to high, and if it will cause me unforeseen problems later on.

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #238524 - 06/11/09 01:04 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FugueRider said:
I am just unsure about this temperature matter and am wondering if the heat is to high, and if it will cause me unforeseen problems later on.

The problems won't be unforeseen if we tell you about them now.

OfflineYungpunk
NewKidOnTheBlock
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Ojom]
    #238572 - 06/11/09 09:01 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

idk, my tub has gotten pretty hot in there before too, prolly close to the temps yours has reached, and my plant did ok, not saying to leave it like that cause something deff needs to be done BEFORE problems start, no need in putting yourself a week behind for nothing. In my tubs ive got a fan that pushes the air out the top of my unit, thats where most of the heat is so concentrate on the top of your closet blow the air up and out?? idk worked for me, just trying to think of a solution. let me go get high and see if i can think of something better lol

--------------------
Riots are the voices of the unheard.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Yungpunk]
    #238723 - 06/11/09 08:23 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Yungpunk said:
let me go get high and see if i can think of something better lol

Well, I hope your high was cool dude. I had to raise my light about another foot and a half higher than it already was. I also turned my fan I have in there one notch higher. That has brought everything down to about 84, and it is around 75 when the lights are off. So everything seems cool...for now.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#239945 - 06/15/09 05:53 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

The genetics of these plants have really diverged. One is growing really tall...really fast, is a lot thinner, and is just under two feet tall.  The shorter one is a lot more bushy, has a lot more shoots and is about five inches shorter than the tall one.

BTW - How long does it usually take for the sex of the plants to clearly manifest.

Also, given the attributes of the plants [(tall and thinner) vs. (shorter and bushier)]...does anyone have any idea which on will be a heavier yielder? Or does it not really matter. Just an idle curiosity.

Edited by FugueRider (06/15/09 05:56 PM)

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #240583 - 06/18/09 01:41 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

usually just different phenotypes of the same strain. One more indica and the other more sativa. You'll know which one looks like it will yield more in the next few of weeks.

Edited by Integra21 (06/18/09 01:41 AM)

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Integra21]
    #240638 - 06/18/09 09:14 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah and raising the light that much plus flowering, those plants are going to stretch big time, as they already have...

Looking good so far though... Keep it up. I wanna see a harvest as I have a similar setup.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#241088 - 06/19/09 11:38 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

the difference in height is probably just due to genetics, but keep an eye on it, as males tend to stretch out and get a bit taller than females.  they do this in order to get above any females (in nature) and drop pollen down onto them.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Yrat]
    #241267 - 06/20/09 07:17 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Yrat said:
the difference in height is probably just due to genetics, but keep an eye on it, as males tend to stretch out and get a bit taller than females.  they do this in order to get above any females (in nature) and drop pollen down onto them.

How long into flowering does it take for the sex to become evident in the plants? I am about ten days into flowering now.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#241288 - 06/20/09 10:52 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

you should be seeing signs soon.  males can sometimes show a bit earlier than females.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Yrat]
    #241291 - 06/20/09 11:43 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

after 3 weeks you'll know for sure, but usually earlier.

OfflineJMR

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Integra21]
    #241406 - 06/20/09 06:37 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Looking good man.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck