Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineyellownotepad
Pharmaceutical Agriculturalist
 User Gallery

Re: yellownotepad's second grow - adding a second room! [Re: AKSE]
    #211889 - 04/03/09 03:49 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

well an update on the newly constructed room:

its LOUD.  i'm noticing i don't sleep as well with the fan running at night since the only thing between me and the 6" vortex is a couple layers of heavy duty plastic.  the other issue is my cat loves to climb the plastic.  i put layers on inside and outside so the damage isnt an issue, but the noise of a cat climbing a tarp while you're trying to sleep is nontrivial.

i'm considering beefing the frame up some and just drywalling it out, would be cheap enough to be worth it.  if i do, i'll put some more supports in the frame, add more vertical studs like a regular wall, and hang up 5/8" sheetrock on both sides of the frame.  if i do that i'll probably hang a regular door on teh room, cut proper intakes and put a/c register covers over them, and maybe even put new circuits in (20 amp anybody?).

i'm gonna rearrange my furniture in my room as soon as i'm feeling abmitious, to see if i can max out the flower room size a little more before i commit to making real walls out of it.

on the plant side of things:  the table of SSH is getting pretty overgrown.  i'm going to work out a way to use my closet to veg the plants in coco, and hold the cloner, so i can throw the table of ssh into flower now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: yellownotepad's second grow - adding a second room! [Re: yellownotepad]
    #237544 - 06/08/09 10:31 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

its been a while since i updated this.  pic below is the scrog of super silver haze, now flowering since may 20 (so currently
19 days into flowering).  C99 has basically died, for reasons unknown.  it vegged like crap so i am not too upset about losing the line anyway, i think the clone vendor may have not selected the phenotype they should have.  GDP is doing well, it currently has a bit of mushrooms growing out of its coir (not cubensis :lol:)

in the res for the SSH:  about 650ppm of lucas formula, 10ml/gal CES uncle john's formula (potassium booster), 10ml/gal CES plant amp (calcium booster), 10ml/gal AN B-52 (B vitamins, humic acid, etc).

Offlinebobby
TheKushFiles
Male User Gallery

Loc: upper sedimentary rock
Re: yellownotepad's second grow - adding a second room! [Re: AKSE]
    #237571 - 06/08/09 12:10 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

yup, keep her going-:thumbup::thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #238590 - 06/11/09 11:03 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Looking great as always man.

Keep up the good work.:yesnod:

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineYungpunk
NewKidOnTheBlock
 User Gallery

Re: yellownotepad's second grow - adding a second room! [Re: herd]
    #238610 - 06/11/09 12:47 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

herd said:
yeah I'm in the back lurking.
on a quest of perpetual knowledge on growing.

what he said. lol

--------------------
Riots are the voices of the unheard.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #238614 - 06/11/09 12:55 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

yellownotepad said:
its been a while since i updated this.  pic below is the scrog of super silver haze, now flowering since may 20 (so currently
19 days into flowering).  C99 has basically died, for reasons unknown.  it vegged like crap so i am not too upset about losing the line anyway, i think the clone vendor may have not selected the phenotype they should have.  GDP is doing well, it currently has a bit of mushrooms growing out of its coir (not cubensis :lol:)

in the res for the SSH:  about 650ppm of lucas formula, 10ml/gal CES uncle john's formula (potassium booster), 10ml/gal CES plant amp (calcium booster), 10ml/gal AN B-52 (B vitamins, humic acid, etc).

c99 grows fast and heavy FYI. also it's heavily inbred so it has next to no genetic variation although there are phenotypes they wouldn't mean shit to a grower. From the c99 grows I've seen 95% will grow uniformly. C99 is definately a good cropping strain so I hope you don't look away from it. Some of my friends ran it outdoor up here in Canada during a humid summer and where I live it gets disgustingly humid.. so it would also seem it has extremely good mold resistance.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: yellownotepad's second grow - adding a second room! [Re: captain.koons]
    #244095 - 06/29/09 01:13 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

update -  41 days into flower (this line is supposed to finish in 80-85 days).  buds are there, havent begun to pack on the weight yet.  i'm figuring out how to solve my shitty tap water issue, since its still at ph 8.0 / 560ppm and i'm worried its gonna hurt my yields if i keep using it.  gonna switch to r/o asap.

anyone got an idea how much this should pull (remember, the pic below is 29 days in, out of 80-85 total)? i had a thread asking the question adn got no good answer.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #244101 - 06/29/09 01:24 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

YNP: High pH tap water isn't necessarily a terrible thing; different nutrients have different solubilities throughout the pH scale, so using something like organic lemon juice (a little goes a long way in lowering pH) would lower the pH to something around, say, 6.2 and then the pH will gradually climb from there until your next watering/feeding. Your plants will actually have access to more nutes, and be healthier than if you just had a single "dialed in" pH.
:2cents:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: yellownotepad's second grow - adding a second room! [Re: 81renaissance]
    #247367 - 07/08/09 08:22 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: yellownotepad's second grow - adding a second room! [Re: Triptonic]
    #249052 - 07/13/09 01:02 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

last night:

Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

Loc: NE Great Lake Region
    #249137 - 07/13/09 05:16 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

:ganja:

Lookin great!

Quote:

anyone got an idea how much this should pull (remember, the pic below is 29 days in, out of 80-85 total)? i had a thread asking the question adn got no good answer.

Here is another no good answer...It looks like a whole lotta' cuttin' and hangin'!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Looks like maybe 3/5th or 3/4lb. That's totally a guess though referencing size to your glass piece up front.
Pass me a hit o' that good stuff!

--------------------

.........."And You Will Come to Find, that WE are ALL, ONE MIND.....
.....Capable of ALL that's IMAGINED, and ALL That's CONCIEVABLE.....

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: yellownotepad's second grow - adding a second room! [Re: jwes420]
    #249169 - 07/13/09 07:18 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

one thing you can try for noise reduction is a box around the fan body...lined with some type of insulating material...since the vortex inline fans have the motor inside the airstream, they are cooled by the airflow through the fan and not by the outside air...so you dont have to worry about overheating...

Another thing you can do is a duct muffler...but the ones that are made to not restrict airflow are not very effective...

think of the muffler as a smaller tube in a bigger tube...the smaller tube is where the air comes in on one end....the smaller tube is capped off at the other end...and a bunch of small holes are drilled into the sides of the smaller tube...this allows the air to flow out of these small holes into the bigger tube...where it exits the muffler on the opposite side of the assembly from where it entered...this is even more effective if the tubes are lined with a sound absorbent material...this basically allows the air to move through this maze of holes but reduces the amount of noise that can get through the holes and somehow bounce its way out of the exit...greatly reducing the noise level...I have plans for doing this with my new grow setup...but i wont be able to do it for a few weeks...ill be posting a thread on it...

good luck dude, ill be keeping an eye on this grow
agmotes165

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#249215 - 07/13/09 10:34 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

jwes420 said:
:ganja:

Lookin great!

Quote:

Here is another no good answer...It looks like a whole lotta' cuttin' and hangin'!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Looks like maybe 3/5th or 3/4lb. That's totally a guess though referencing size to your glass piece up front.

would your answer change if i told you teh canopy measures about 4x6ft (2.2 square meters) ?  the scale in the pic is hard to see and the pipe makes it look smaller.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #249359 - 07/14/09 03:33 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

id guess 1.4-1.5 lbs

no experience so far...but thats my guess :crazy2:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineAudz

Re: yellownotepad's second grow - adding a second room! [Re: Data]
    #249389 - 07/14/09 06:13 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'm guessing 15 to 20 ounces. Regardless of yield, it's looking downright tasty though!

Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

Loc: NE Great Lake Region
Re: yellownotepad's second grow - adding a second room! [Re: Audz]
    #250590 - 07/17/09 08:49 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

would your answer change if i told you teh canopy measures about 4x6ft (2.2 square meters) ?  the scale in the pic is hard to see and the pipe makes it look smaller.

That is a better scale reference. I would say at least an elbow+ maybe a QP or so.

Either way, that shit is looking FUKKING SWEET!!!:derfase:

--------------------

.........."And You Will Come to Find, that WE are ALL, ONE MIND.....
.....Capable of ALL that's IMAGINED, and ALL That's CONCIEVABLE.....

OfflineTrippyShitMan
Dr.GreenThumb
Male

#250799 - 07/17/09 04:36 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

man look at the yummie flowers lookin Very Nice man

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale